Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Tonights Sherlock… possible spoilers
  • Markie
    Free Member

How did he survive?! Darn glad he did mind, but not a clue how other than that his friend was involved…

Zoolander
    Free Member

Great episode and I haven’t a scooby.
    They need to do more of these

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Molly was involved I reckon, a substitute body or there was a lorry in view when he jumped maybe something to break the fall.

glad though

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Worked it out . Do you want me to tell you?
    Edit-dam to slow

northshoreniall

My guess landed in the transit with cage full of bags and then rolled to floor. Landing was out of shot/ sight due to small building.

mrmo
    Free Member

well, i am guessing there is a connection to how the girl recognised Sherlock.

Markie
    Free Member

hills, agree with Molly being a key…

andy.w yes please, spoiler already in the title to warn folk off!

niall would he have landed out of sight of everyone? I suppose Molly could have set up all the passerby

mrmo good call!

lowey

Spoilers aside, just brilliant telly.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

While Watson was getting off the floor Sherlock and Molly chucked a body out of the laundry wagon( what Sherlock fell into) that was made out to look like Sherlock.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

My guesses

The final goodbye, positioning him in full view and knocking Jon over would have been deliberate in order to disturb/confuse him enough to believe what he saw was what he expected to see. Molly would have been involved in somehow doctoring the investigation/post mortem. The suicide is what the ‘ordinary’ people would have wanted to believe so it was an easy lie to sell, continuing moriarty’s lie was easier than convincing people of the truth.

As for the actual body in the fall. Dunno. Could Jon have been confused enough to fall for a dummy or a body from the morgue? Probably not. The landing was partially obscured and Sherlock could have been making the call from anywhere (behind the skip) and ready to swap himself over with the dropped body/dummy in similar clothes (the iconography of Sherlock has been a theme this series). Dunno but it looks like it’ll be a long wait before we find out.

Markie
    Free Member

It sure was great TV… thanks for the theories, I think that’s cracked it!

Now, is Moriarty really dead? Brief wikiing of the original CD Reichenbach Falls and it may be the case that he survives?

And when’s the next series!

PrinceJohn

Probably this time next year… 🙁

brakes
    Free Member

I watched this and wanted to like it, but just couldn’t get into it.
    Shame.

Dan67
    Free Member

Someone on twitter had the idea which included the previous episode with the drug that made people see what they wanted to see so he could have been dosed up with that when the bike hit him.
    But not a bad ending to enter into the next series

RustySpanner

Markie – Member

It sure was great TV… thanks for the theories, I think that’s cracked it!

Now, is Moriarty really dead? Brief wikiing of the original CD Reichenbach Falls and it may be the case that he survives?

You’ve got plenty of time to read all the original stories before the next series is broadcast. 😀

Markie
    Free Member

But then, the assassin watching Watson had to believe Holmes was dead as well… Perhaps Watsons reaction was proof enough for him?

And yes, I could well get into the originals! May even be prepared to give Guy Ritchies a go as well… 12 months to fill!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I first assumed he dressed the dead JM in his coat and scarf and chucked him off the building. The assassins would not tell the difference from their positions. But then it looked like Sherlock on the ground. How would he have got downstairs quick enough?

Maybe you are right about the laundry van. He texted JM to meet him on the roof after all.

[scratches head]

I_Ache
    Free Member

Just rewatched it and I think it was Sherlock doing the actual jump because of the 2 camera angles of it (front and back) if he were to push a body off they wouldn’t have shown him from behind. Holmes jumped quite along way from the building, far enough to land in the laundry wagon. And then jumped onto the floor with some blood bags. A body swap could have happened at a later time thanks to Molly.

colournoise

Unless Moffat is playing games it will be simplest explanation due to Moriarty’s whole ‘sometimes things are simple’ spiel on the roof.

The “make believe” art message on the reporter’s wall.

The stress on “it’s all a trick, a magic trick” in the phone call to Watson.

Misdirection (of both Watson by biker and also TV audience) – we see a body hit the floor but not necessarily as a direct effect of the fall. My guess (as above) is a fall into a hospital laundry truck or similar organised by Molly then the Sherlock double from the kidnapping (presumably killed by Sherlock hence the whole “I might be on the side of the angels but that doesn’t mean I’m one of them” comment to Moriarty – be interested to see how they write Sherlock finding his double though) is thrown onto the pavement.

Great TV and still my favourite thing on the box visually (direction, cinematography) at the moment.

slainte 8) rob

grantway
    Free Member

Didn’t bother watched the film Reader instead 😉

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

then the Sherlock double from the kidnapping

seems obvious once you say it out loud.

[edit]
    Reckon Moriarty had the double killed by way of tying up loose ends, Can’t see them making Holmes a killer.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

the Sherlock double from the kidnapping

I was wondering about the scream but there is always doubt as we don’t see the girl or boy positively identifying SH. I can’t think of a simpler explanation though – well done. JM would have killed and hidden the double’s corpse for sure. Did Sherlock have the opportunity to locate the corpse and get Molly to do the switch at the scene?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Sorry, it was dull and predictable. What annoys me is that its the best concept our licence fees have subsidused in ages, and yet the beeb couldnt maximise the golden goose.

northshoreniall

Maybe no need for double? just right height/ build and clothes – face all mushed from arresting his fall with it on pavement?

ivantate
    Free Member

I only just watched the first one last night. Couldn’t concentrate on anything after the gratuitous nudity and will have to watch it again.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

muppetWrangler – Member
    My guesses
    The final goodbye, positioning him in full view and knocking Jon over would have been deliberate in order to disturb/confuse him enough to believe what he saw was what he expected to see. Molly would have been involved in somehow doctoring the investigation/post mortem. The suicide is what the ‘ordinary’ people would have wanted to believe so it was an easy lie to sell, continuing moriarty’s lie was easier than convincing people of the truth.

I recon that the little girl had been held by someone in a Shelock mask and that mask was used on the swapped body after Shelock jumped to safety, so the confused John saw what he thought he saw.

Sherlock also wanted to disappear because the press coverage at the start had blown his cover and made him famous which he never wanted.

Markie
    Free Member

Sherlock also wanted to disappear because the press coverage at the start had blown his cover and made him famous which he never wanted.

And also, the world still thinks he was a fake, so he has to resolve that before he can come back out in the open.

So, the world thinks he’s dead, and thinks The Woman is dead. Possibly Moriarty is the third member of the ‘not really dead’ club… Sherlock and TW vs Jim in series 3? I’d watch!

sharkbait
    Free Member

I only just watched the first one last night. Couldn’t concentrate on anything after the gratuitous nudity and will have to watch it again.

Missed that one but got it recorded I think 🙂

Re last night, you would have thought that a fall from that height would have ended in an exploded head rather that a graze on his forehead – hasn’t Watson learnt anything?

Markie
    Free Member

Missed that one but got it recorded I think

And it’s still on iPlayer too… I may watch it again to see if I was too ‘distracted’ to spot any clues or foreshadowing!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I thought the first of this series was the best.

Loads of complaints to the beeb about the nudity scene !!

You see more boob or bum in Radox advert.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I recon that the little girl had been held by someone in a Shelock mask and that mask was used on the swapped body after Shelock jumped to safety, so the confused John saw what he thought he saw.

Yep that works.

Nudity: well it’s after 9pm. I may watch “parts” of episode 2 again 😀

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Nudity: well it’s after 9pm. I may watch “parts” of episode 2 again…

Does the enormous dog do it for you?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Tonights Sherlock… possible spoilers’ is closed to new replies.