Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Tomorrow is Independence Day
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

DP

gordimhor

Keep it coming

konabunny
    Free Member

I am glad tomorrows papers in Scotland will not be awash with jingoistic nationalist flag waving

For all the faults of the Scotch nats, it was never on the cards that iScotland would have had much interest in invading or bombing anyone (if only for financial reasons).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

There’s a lot of people south of The Borders who’d love to vote themselves independent of the Tory government too.

They don’t matter. They are all Tory scum by simple fact of being English or Welsh, so they can rot.

Stoner
    Free Member

more graphytime

I think Fraser Nelson might have an axe to grind 😀

gordimhor

I think Fraser Nelson has a woodshed full of axes to grind. Even the IFS must have noticed that.”Scotland” achieved these figures under a UK government. As for the figures based on Osbornes budget No holes in that at all

molgrips
    Free Member

Bit of an odd argument there.

Clearly it doesn’t matter so much if a region of a country is in deficit, as long as the whole country isn’t. This is a pro-union argument I think.

duckman

molgrips – Member

Bit of an odd argument there.

Clearly it doesn’t matter so much if a region of a country is in deficit, as long as the whole country isn’t. This is a pro-union argument I think.

Posted 15 minutes ago #Report-Post

Don’t be daft,the truth is there for all to see
    C. Teamhavermore

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh of course, there it is 🙂

gordimhor

Not odd at all David Cameron had promised a 200billion oil bonanza if Scotland voted no. Guardian
    Secondly most of the levers of economic policy remain in Westminster so Scotland can’t fully develop it’s own economic policies.

bearGrease

Though considering how completely wrong the OBR have been every other time they’ve forecasted oil revenues, we really have no idea where we would be. Basically, they’re guessing. Badly.

I guess the OP’s ignorance could be excused by the fact that he’s been relying on Russia Today for news for the last ~18 months.

The Scottish Government’s own figures (via GERS), rather than the the OBR, show that Scotland would have been up a £15 billion deep **** creek if it hadn’t been for the sensible, silent two million strong majority.

gordimhor

In what way were they silent?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

gordimhor – Member
    In what way were they silent?

By not starting endless whinging threads about not getting any pudding

bearGrease

Scotland can’t fully develop it’s own economic policies.

An independent Scotland would have been hamstrung by it’s deficit that it would have had no chance to “develop” anything except high unemployment and austerity like you’ve never imagined in your worst dreams.

More reading for you from the IFS. I appreciate you like to maintain your student style political stance, overthrow the old order and all that, but in the face of financial reality it’s as unrealistic as those cretins with “Don’t blame me I voted Yes” stickers on their cars.

ninfan
    Free Member

😀

gordimhor

Couldn’t give a fig about pudding, its just desserts. It’s not even about the main course, more about building the house and growing veg in the garden.

mt
    Free Member

If there was an independent Yorkshire it would be very successful. We’d not spend owt on nowt, what would be important is what’s in mattress and in bank. It’d be a great example to Scotlandshire to follow.

Free Yorkshire!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

C. Teamhavermore

You are on a roll this morning, ducks.

Interesting to listen to Today on R4 this morning and the tax policies. At least Labour are actually clear on raising taxes but those left-of-centre (sic) nationalists seem remarkably reluctant to do the same – how odd??? Rhetoric v reality??

Anway happy dependence day – a toast to the 55%. Well done, canny as always!!

aracer
    Free Member

The subsidies?

gordimhor

There are subsidies? How much have we given you so far?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wasn’t their a thread about this shit?

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

Even Nicola and Eck himself are no longer publicly saying that Scotland would have “an economy in the top ??”, or saying that “the oil is just a bonus”.

That should tell you something.

I’ll just leave this here,
    Stuff about scotland n’money n’that.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Tomorrow is Independence Day’ is closed to new replies.