Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Tomorrow is Independence Day
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Tomorrow is the day Scotland would’ve become independent. How about we just declare independence anyway?

The Tories and Labour are in too much of a mess to do anything about it even if they notice 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How about we just declare independence anyway?

You could start by asking the majority who said no?

[video]https://youtu.be/0vECGh9hY68[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

Why Not.

Doodle Pip Shcotlansdshyre.. 😆

perchypanther
    Free Member

Free from the tyranny and oppression of fully encased pastry pie fanatics?

Able to freely exprees ourselves with a tin ashet, a pound of steak, some beef links and a packet of Bells puff pastry for a lid?

I’m in. Vive la revolution.

hels
    Free Member

We could always go for partition. It worked for India and Pakistan.

perchypanther
    Free Member

We could always go for partition

A pie-tition. 😀

bencooper
    Free Member

Proper pies, though.

gordimhor

You pastry lid types are clearly a self selecting elite sitting on top of the ordinary filling of this world. Only with full pastry cases are we truly “all in it together”

shermer75
    Free Member

If there’s pie involved count me in 🙂

tpbiker
    Free Member

We should just have 2 systems in Scotland, one funded by the taxes of those who said yes, one by the taxes of those that said no. Likewise one funded by the benefits of being in the uk, one by the benefits of being independent. Seperate schools, healthcare …the works…

I know which side I’d be wanting to be on…

Possibly a bit complicated however…probably just easier to build a big wall around Glasgow like they do in numerous zombie apocolypse movies and let the place rot…

bencooper
    Free Member

probably just easier to build a big wall around Glasgow like they do in numerous zombie apocolypse movies and let the place rot…

I heard that.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Tomorrow is the day Scotland would’ve become independent. How about we just declare independence anyway?

Democracy?

But Ben quite fitting from YS eh? You should be looking tomorrow with massive relief…..

Northwind

We’d still have been arguing about who gets to keep the CDs tbh.

gordimhor

[/quote]

just easier to build a big wall around Scotland like they do in numerous zombie apocolypse movies and let the place rot…

FTFY you have just described uk government policy

P-Jay
    Free Member

But why would you leave the Union after Cameron gave you all those extra devolution powers he promised…

Oh wait,

Any day now, bound to be eh?

dannyh
    Free Member

We’d still have been arguing about who gets to keep the CDs tbh.

Doubt it – Deacon Blue, Simple Minds and The Proclaimers?

It’s OK loves, you keep the CDs we’ll have the Breville.

legend
    Free Member

This thread makes baby Jesus cry. I do hope it goes on for at least 15 pages

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s oil powered though, that’s what keeps them going so well it’s so damm cheap.

fasthaggis

Is Will Smith going to be there?

bencooper
    Free Member

This thread makes baby Jesus cry. I do hope it goes on for at least 15 pages

No problem, just need to keep prodding THM occasionally, he’s always good for several pages of arguments 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Beetroot pie for all!

irc

We should just have 2 systems in Scotland,

Why not? We already do for schools. Drive round Glasgow and you’ll see pairs of schools right next to each other everywhere.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I miss your stuff Ben!!! I can never tell whether the irony (see second sentence in OP) is intentional or not !!! 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And this Bank Holiday Monday it will be 100 years since the uprising in Ireland for independence from English and Scottish imperialism.

PJM1974
    Free Member

There’s a lot of people south of The Borders who’d love to vote themselves independent of the Tory government too.

bencooper
    Free Member

Ah, that reminds me of the funniest bit of the independence campaign:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiMXuEmqAHA[/video]

😀

drslow
    Free Member

and Friday is when it would have declared itself bankrupt thanks to SNP lies about oil.

metalheart
    Free Member

At times like this I ask myself ‘what would Bjork do?’

[video]http://youtu.be/4P5xSntVWQE[/video]

allan23
    Free Member

Would an independent Scotland force Greggs to re-introduce the Macaroni Pie.

I’d move up there in a shot using t’other halfs Visa. Deep Fried Black Pudding from the chipper. Be dead in a year 🙂

Better option is just get Scotland to Annex the north of England.

bencooper
    Free Member

Would an independent Scotland force Greggs to re-introduce the Macaroni Pie.

Tesco’s do one, but it’s just not the same.

seavers
    Free Member

Tomorrow is the day Scotland would’ve become independent

So it’s dependence day then?

athgray
    Free Member

I am glad tomorrows papers in Scotland will not be awash with jingoistic nationalist flag waving, or articles on junior doctor’s pay, disability benefit and an EU referendum affecting me that I have no vote in consigned to the ‘Around the World’ section.

I love this from Stewart Lee
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHA1ufmLZQY[/video]

imnotverygood

Makes you think doesn’t it. Scotland could’ve been independent with oil at thruppence a barrel. We certainly dodged a bullet on that one.

gordimhor

I am glad tomorrows papers in Scotland will not be awash with jingoistic nationalist flag waving

They will union flags.

Stoner
    Free Member

graph time! 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

Though considering how completely wrong the OBR have been every other time they’ve forecasted oil revenues, we really have no idea where we would be. Basically, they’re guessing. Badly.

Still, just as well the Scottish economy isn’t reliant on oil.

imnotverygood

You keep repeating that claim as if you really believe it.

aracer
    Free Member

Shh, don’t you lot know it’s not about the money? Having the government that you voted for is far more important than being able to pay the bills.

bencooper
    Free Member

As compared to now, where we don’t have the government we voted for, and still can’t pay the bills?

Dammit, got caught up again – this was meant to be a silly amusing thread.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Happy Dependence Day Subsidy Junkies!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Tomorrow is Independence Day’ is closed to new replies.