Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Tommorrow is cycle to work day.
  • tthew

There’s a whole rigmarole of registering and recording your ride or linking to Strava this year, rather than just pledging, but cycle to work day returns tomorrow and the weather looks decent. As part of the health promotion activity, work are giving a £50 Halfords voucher to one rider picked at random.

Planning on driving/riding half way as usual but then leaving my van overnight to ride the full way home. That’ll be about 45 miles altogether. Anyone else joining in?

Cycle to work website.

weeksy

Oh crap, i’ll be in the middle of France, it’s over 380 miles to mine !

slowoldman

I’m retired so won’t be cycling to work. I will be out on my bike though.

Bez

Work involves a 220 mile round trip tomorrow, so no 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

School holidaze init, no work for me!!!

willard

Meh, I do that every day. Tomorrow will be nothing special!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ll be doing it, don’t do it as much as I used to. Free breakfast too!.

jimdubleyou

I can’t tomorrow – is it alright if I go home the long way tonight?

daveylad
    Free Member

Yeah if its dry I may charge the battery of my ebike & ride the 3.5 miles in. But only if its dry.

tthew

Weeksy and Bez – man up-it’s only a bike ride! 😁

School holidaze init, no work for me!!!

Did strike me as an odd time of year to choose as there will be plenty on summer holidays too, not just school workers. Sure it’s been September in previous years.

…charge the battery of my ebike & ride the 3.5 miles in…

So definately not doing cycling to work tomorrow then daveylad. 😘

benp1

Just another cycle commuting day, a few years ago I bagged a free croissant and banana from a LCC type stand on the way in, hopefully that happens again!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

52mile round trip for me. Been doing it once a week recently as ive not been sleeping, which is a stupid excuse, I sleep like a log if I ride in.

Also the midweek club run Thursday nights which is a bit death or glory with miles already in the legs! Some are fine, got dropped last week and still managed 50miles at 17mph.

Planning on driving/riding half way as usual but then leaving my van overnight to ride the full way home. That’ll be about 45 miles altogether. Anyone else joining in?

I tried that once and decided the faff was greater than the minutes saved driving halfway!

scruff
    Free Member

I wonder how many ‘normal’ people will get their bike out and actually cycle to work?

Joe

I’m going to have to swim to work tomorrow at this rate.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

But I’m not expected at work tomorrow and Strava hasn’t got a challenge for cycling to work listed as yet.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I wonder how many ‘normal’ people will get their bike out and actually cycle to work?

I’m normal, my toaster tells me so.

tthew

Sadly, probably not many. I haven’t heard that any of the non-cyclists, (some of whom live quite close) or occasional cyclists here are planning on making the effort, despite them getting 2x tickets in the voucher draw.

jamesoz

I’ll be doing the massive commute of just under 3 miles on my bike.

spawnofyorkshire

We’re doing the free breakfast thing at our place and we know of about ten staff members who’ll be riding in who either never have before or very rarely do it.
    I usually walk in, but if i can find my bike lock i’ll ride in

Akers

I’ll walk, as usual. It’s only 1km, so not worth getting a bike out for.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ll need to get my self out and do a lap of the block! 😆

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ll get the train to work and ride home up the Grand Union canal towpath on the MTB, probably with a pub stop. I would ride both ways on the road but I have to drop my daughter back to her mother which leaves me short on time.

13thfloormonk

Every year I’ve planned to, and every year something goes wrong, which is ironic as I commute in 2 or 3 days a week anyway.

Looking good for this year though, bike is working and I’ve got my 6 monthly back spasm out of the way 4 weeks ago so nothing can stop me now! [/tempt fate]

tthew

Good luck monk! 🤞🚴‍♂️

MoreCashThanDash

Best day of the week weather wise – oh, hang on, term time contact!

School holidays seems an odd time to do it, yes, there may be less traffic to make it more appealing, but also less people to actually cycle to work

Drac

It’s quicker for me to walk.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My bke at the end of my bed would be touching my computer desk if I brought it into the house. The bike that is.
    Maybe not then. I’ll just go for a five mile loop would that count?

Dickyboy

maybe tomorrow is the day I should blockade the close and berate anyone who attempts to leave in a motor vehicle.

ads678

I finished my old job last week and don’t start my new one until next Monday!!

As said above August does seem a silly month to do it, but I supose traffic is a bit lighter with all the holidays…

belugabob
    Free Member

52 mile round trip for me too.
    Will be interesting to see how quiet it is, as I’ve never done it in the school holidays before.

winston
    Free Member

Also on holiday. Cycle in twice a week normally and would certainly take the long way in and out tomorrow if at home. Stupid time to do it – would make more sense in late June.

Still won’t be hard to get out on the bikes as we are in the cycling utopia that is Holland. Right of way on a road junction never gets old!

DezB
    Free Member

Same as every year – should be renamed ‘Travel to work however you normally travel to work, but if you’re a cyclist feel like you’re doing something special, or make excuses why you can’t cycle to work day’
    I’m on leave, so I’ll not be cycling to work for once 😂

dissonance

And how many of them got a bike on cycle to work scheme.
    Being a home worker I think I will head out for a quick lap of the local woods at lunch. That counts surely?

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ll walk, as usual. It’s only 1km, so not worth getting a bike out for.

I regularly cycle the 600 metres to my work. Woohoo!

altrezia
    Free Member

mmm. Tooted and shouted at by a fat guy in a lorry, who also did the same to two other riders down the same bit of road. Imagine being that angry at 8am..

Lovely weather for it.

Me.

therevokid
    Free Member

9.5 miles in, 1 broken spoke, 1 puncture … but at least I saw the Balloons 🙂

13thfloormonk

Phew, made it, for the first time in three years.

Actually forgot all about it but cycled in anyway, despite the biblical conditions I had to ride through to get home yesterday!

Now that I think about it there may have been one or two more cyclists than usual…

stevedoc
    Free Member

So same as today and most days then , all beit 1/4 mile and strava wont register it but still same sh%£ different day

Pyro

Direct route to work is only 1.5km, so took a less direct route through the trails in the old quarry near my office. Turns out they’re a bit sketchier on a gravel bike with 38mm G-Ones than they are on an MTB. Still fun, though 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

I rode from Wolverton station across Milton Keynes. Will ride back to Northampton tonight (hope this picture works)

View post on imgur.com

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Tommorrow is cycle to work day.’ is closed to new replies.