Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tomac Supermatic Headset help
  • whytetrash

Hi all…been a very naughty boy and splashed out on a Supermatic, this is the frame spec:-

Tapered, Internal Top, External Bottom. Top ID 44mm, Bottom ID 50mm,
    Frame standard with FSA headset for tapered steerer

I want to fit plain steerer forks in it…ideally without the fugly Hope lower race…any other options..ideally not at CK prices either, used a ck to fit std 1 1/8 forks to a mates Yeti but that was an external top race so a non starter any way

Any links pointers to a solution welcomed…my heads gone looking at the bewildering array of HS options 😳

Oh and if anyones after a med Whyte E5 let me know!

vinnyeh

Cane Creek – – your bike’s on their headset fit finder thingy. On the model I’ve got (XXII) the conversion to 1 1/8 is done using the crown race, not the lower cup which is 1.5″ id, if that makes sense.

whytetrash

Cheers Vinnyeh, narrowed it down nicely 😆 still open to other suggestions if there are any?

whytetrash

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/HSOOSMTAPER/on_one_smoothie_mixer_tapered_headset

emailed planet X to check but, this one looks ok to do it any experience of it guys?

batfink
    Free Member

Did your frame come with one of those KCMC anti chain-suck doo-dahs? I bought one and it didn’t fit my bike (not a supermatic, which I believe it was specifically designed for).

Drop me a line if your interested in taking it off my hands.

whytetrash

Batfink will let you know…frame dispatched..48 hrs from yesterday so assume Monday?…just want to unbox and ride away within an hour so planning to have everything I need ready!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tomac Supermatic Headset help’ is closed to new replies.