Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • Tom Watson!
  • Del

enlightenment

I think it is she who would like to think is enlightened. Being of a religious bent suggests to me somone who is inclined to believe the unverifiable, illogical, and just plain wrong.
    She also said Watson didn’t offer any ideas on ways forward. He has offered plenty.
    But you know, that was just the first paragraph.
    Just my opinion, but it’s as good as hers.

binners

To be fair to her, that article does give a fascinating insight into the paranoid delusional worldview of the tinfoil hat wearers in the Corbynite bunker

rone

Well I see your overlord Mr Watson is yet again trying to fiddle with procedure by demanding info from Jenny Formby.

Cancer patient by the way.

But yeah you keep on bobbing on about all the other vapour.

This right wing bunk head keeps confusing what is intereference in party policy. Depending what day it is. Or what Twitter poll he’s conducting.

If we’re Corbynites you must be ****sons.

rone

She also said Watson didn’t offer any ideas on ways forward.

He’s only interested in obstruction.

So she’s right.

DrJ

So these are the people Tom Watson is so anxious to support:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/panoramas-hatchet-job-labour-antisemitism-bbc-has-become-pro-tory-media

The partisan tone was set from the opening shot. A young woman whose name was not revealed tearfully claimed to have been abused with antisemitic taunts at a Labour Party conference.

The decision not to disclose their interviewee’s identity is understandable in the circumstances. It would have discredited the whole narrative Panorama was trying so hard to build.

The woman’s name is Ella Rose, a senior official in the Jewish Labour Movement (JLM), an organisation representing Jewish and non-Jewish members of Labour at the forefront of attacks on Corbyn. Rose has a secret past too: she once worked at the Israeli embassy in London.

tjagain

Yup – these people want to make Labour less anti isreal so the antisemitism is the attack line. Of course there will be some in a group of people that large and it needs to be dealt with – but its being blown right out of proportion because of Corbyns support for fairness for palestinians

Compere this to the treatment of outright racists in the Tory party – one of whom is going to end up leader. Read what
    Warsi has had to say about islamophobia in the torty party and look at the silence in the media

johnx2
    Free Member

I don’t disagree with anything in the previous post (whether pro Israel equals anti Palestinian is moot, though pro the current govt certainly is. But the rw media are always going to find a stick to beat labour with whilst letting Tories off the hook. It’s the utter ineptitude of Corbyn and his ites in handling this (kicking out them as needs kicking/basic media strategy) that dismays. (I’m no Watson fan fwiw. Remaining heavyweights are on the back benches.)

jaketurbo
    Free Member

the Lib Dems have only existed for about 30 years

Errrr… That’s not strictly true is it?

The current iteration of the party may be about 33 years old… But the liberal party has existed in some form or other for about 300 years.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of course, Palestine is the number one issue for the electorate of the UK.

That’s why it’s so important to focus on it.

tjagain

CFH – so you think labour should become pro isreal / anti palestine just to please the right wing press?

tjagain

Labour are not focussing on it at all – its being used a stick to beat them with

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Then say it. No one would condemn the labour party for speaking up against oppression. Find the language to expose it for what it is, take the initiative. Or say nothing and let dacre et al fill the vacuum, which is what Corbyn is doing.

kerley
    Free Member

Read what Warsi has had to say about islamophobia in the torty party and look at the silence in the media

That is because the media is as best Tory and and worst islamophobic so will remain silent on it for one or both reasons.

nickc

so you think labour should become pro isreal / anti palestine

One can very easily be pro Palestinian without being anti Semitic.   they aren’t two sides of the same coin as your post seems to suggest you think they are.

tjagain

No – the point is that being pro palestinian / critising isreal is painted as antisemetic deliberately to conflate the two. Corbyn is being hounded as antisemetic deliberately because of his support for palestinians.

Del

Where is Corbyn? They keep Boris out of interviews because of all the shit that falls out of his mouth when he opens it. What’s Corbyn’s excuse? He could be all over the media putting this thing to bed, and making capital on the disgraceful betrayal of darroch on this government’s watch, to boot. Where the hell is he?

nickc

critising isreal is painted as antisemetic

This is a the hole that folk on the left sometimes all into when discussing this issue. Just for funz, try to work out why what you’ve written could be viewed as anti Semitic.

binners

Where is Corbyn?

You see, comrade, you’re falling into the Blairite trap of failing to recognise the new politics. Jeremy isn’t a traditional leader of the opposition, as such. Think of him as a sort of omnipotent abstract concept. A form of deity, personifying all that is good and honest and proper about human values. Not a god, per se, but quite god-esque

As such, he cannot demean himself with the day-to-day policies of yesteryear like interaction with the media, as they all simply misrepresent his words and plot against him.

Better to float above the fray. Leave the hurly burly to lesser, mere mortals

Courgette?

fatmax

I’m a regular Lib-Dem voter, so my thoughts…
    JC is unelectable and useless.
    Tom Watson is between a rock and a hard place, but trying his best for the Labour Party and to keep them electable to those that haven’t been brainwashed by JC/Momentum doctrine.
    Kier Starmer and Andy Burnham I’d vote for if it meant getting the Tories out.

mrchrispy

^^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^^^

kerley
    Free Member

As such, he cannot demean himself with the day-to-day policies of yesteryear like interaction with the media, as they all simply misrepresent his words and plot against him.

Wow, you have written something I agree with although not in the way you mean’t. You also missed a Monty Python picture so minus points for that.

binners

outofbreath
    Free Member

Corbyn is being hounded as antisemetic deliberately because of his support for palestinians.

I’m not sure that including a Zionist conspiracy theory in the body of a post attempting to debunk accusations of anti-semitism is a good idea. 😀

SamB
    Free Member

Aaaaanyway, back onto Watson: Formby has replied to his letter. Robust stuff, and I’m glad of it too.

imnotverygood

Don’t wish to be harsh, but if she is seriously ill, then she should perhaps take a break from the job to recover, with my & everybody’s best wishes. If she is still fit enough to fill the role then why mention it?

outofbreath
    Free Member

Don’t wish to be harsh, but if she is seriously ill, then she should perhaps take a break from the job to recover, with my & everybody’s best wishes. If she is still fit enough to fill the role then why mention it?

I don’t think she did mention it.

Del

Said she couldn’t retort publicly as she was undergoing chemo.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Errrr… That’s not strictly true is it?

The current iteration of the party may be about 33 years old… But the liberal party has existed in some form or other for about 300 years.

I thought I covered that, but yes, I mean errr… The Lib Dems have only existed for 31 years, they were formed when the Liberal Party, who actually held the last non-Tory/Labour Government almost 100 years ago, but were a spent force in the 80s Merged with the SDP who had splintered from Labour when it went further to the Left.

But my point is that Centric / Social Liberal Labour members and MPs have an idealogical link with the Lib Dems, it’s the very reason the Lib Dems (and not the Liberal Party) was formed.

In the past if Labour Voters, Members and MPs who aren’t Socalists they feel their Party is being taken that way, they will often move their alliances to the Lib Dems.

I guess we shouldn’t use history as a road map of the future, but it gives us a good clue. (if the polls weren’t proof enough).

tjagain

Corbyn is being hounded as antisemetic deliberately because of his support for palestinians.

I’m not sure that including a Zionist conspiracy theory in the body of a post attempting to debunk accusations of anti-semitism is a good idea. 😀

And I think that makes my point perfectly. Any critisim of Isreal and its policies gets you called antisemetic.

DrJ

Don’t wish to be harsh, but if she is seriously ill, then she should perhaps take a break from the job to recover,

Well, maybe let her decide what is the best way to manage her situation.

Apart from that, it seems that some of what Watson said on R4Today was a bunch of porky pies. What possible reason for that could there be? Is that the person you want to take over leading the LP ??

kelvin

Best to stay out of this…

jaketurbo
    Free Member

Totally off topic but

Kier Starmer and Andy Burnham I’d vote for if it meant getting the Tories out.

Andy “I’m in it for the publicity” Burnham. Jesus H.

No doubt he’ll go for the leadership after he solves homelessness.

BillMC

He’s certainly a man of many talents:

cranberry
    Free Member

Oh my god, he is one of _THEM!_*

No wonder he is against St Jeremey.

I _always_ thought his nose was too big.

* One of the je.. the je… an ISRAELI

Whew, I think I danced the extremist dance of semantics correctly.

anti-racist campaigner

binners

Nice to see the Corbynites/PFJ/Momentum concentrating all their energy into addressing the most pressing issues facing the country today

Momentum announces drive to help Labour members deselect MPs

Maybe when they’ve sorted out completing the cult of St Jeremy and driving out Tom Watson and the other non-believers they could get round to maybe providing some actual opposition to the Tory’s

Just a thought

I won’t hold my breath, eh?

AD
    rone

Maybe when they’ve sorted out completing the cult of St Jeremy and driving out Tom Watson and the other non-believers they could get round to maybe providing some actual opposition to the Tory’s

They could do a **** sight better job of dealing with the Tories if likes of your mate stopped giving them reasons to be in division.

kelvin

Is his mate Len?

binners

Speaking at Durham Miners Gala?

Are there any miners left in Durham?

Perfectly illustrates what page Len, Jezza and comrades are on really, doesn’t it?

1982, here we come!

I look forward to them unveiling the future of the UK car industry about to be decimated by the Brexit they’ve enthusiastically enabled…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Tom Watson!’ is closed to new replies.