Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tokyo Olympics: Here’s Where and When to Watch the XC Racing
  • identitizombie

With the Olympic opening ceremony done and dusted, the 2020 Tokyo Olympics are officially open. There was a lot of speculation as to whether they woul …

By identitizombie

Get the full story on our front page at:

Tokyo Olympics: Here’s Where and When to Watch the XC Racing

AdamT

Love the look of the course. Looks pretty tight in places. I know it’s a reduced field compared with WC, but imagine the first lap!!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up 👍

scaredypants

Course looks great. Might be bloody hard work if they get rain – or is that out of the question ?

RoterStern
    Free Member

The course looks very technical. But looking at footage of a practice lap in last year’s test event the rock garden just after the start straight is going to be pretty dangerous with a field tightly packed on the first lap. Only the first riders are going to be able to see where the rocks are.
    Does anyone know how the gridding at the start is going to work? Is it seeded or do they have to do a timed lap?

csb

No info on bbc about this being shown as far as I can see?

Yak

I’m not sure about the BBC coverage. Maybe it will be there in bits and pieces?

Anyway, there is a free 6 months on discovery plus (the Olympic TV license holders) if you have a Vodafone account.

Hopefully that won’t be needed but I have faffed now with the technoshit so it’s ready if needs be.

csb

Thanks Yak.

So the real news story here (given STW does cracking journalism at times) seems to be the loss of what many have felt to be the bedrock of national sports coverage, as the OIA have sold the rights to Discovery.

Expect fewer heroic moments where GB reps in lesser known sports become household names from their moment of glory.

jekkyl

Couldn’t you have pasted it in here and saved me another click through? 😂

ferrals
    Free Member

Chit chat about diving and boxing on the red button currently ☹️ And I set my alarm

Edit – on the red button now 😀

5lab

Olympics, Day 3: Red Button – Mountain biking: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p09pjzbn via @bbciplayer

Trimix
    Free Member

You can see it on GCN+

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tokyo Olympics: Here’s Where and When to Watch the XC Racing’ is closed to new replies.