Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Token vs Wheels MFG BB86
  • continuity
    Free Member

Assuming I don’t perfectly trust the BB facing in my canyon frame, which would you buy – the token at circa £50, or the wheels ABEC 3 at circa £80. I’m not paying £200 into hambini’s pocket.

Or would you just fit a Dura Ace and some expanding sealant of some kind? I worry about later removing the BB with this strategy?

continuity
    Free Member

Someone has also told me there’s a Praxis option, but it appears all of their 24mm BB’s are externally threaded and so not suitable for a BB86 frame.

Elbows

Very pleased with the Token installed in my Norco Search XR Carbon, installed after a year. The dealer said the he fits them to all his personal bikes, whatever genre.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

I use a token ninja in my canyon carbon frame – it got rid of the annoying creak of the press fit shimano bb. A carbon frame with no aluminium insert for the bb is a recipe for creak city. No problems to date.

ogden
    Free Member

I had a wheels mfg press fit bb that screws together on my old bike and it was spotless! I was going through Sram gxp bb’s really fast but I had no issue with wheels one, I’d get one again.

boblo
    Free Member

I have both and they are equally as good. Take care fitting the Rotor, they have plastic top hats a bit like old HT2 and the ham fisted can break them during installation.

FWIW, the Rotor is cheaper than the Wheels but you can’t tell.

continuity
    Free Member

@finbar Those aren’t thread together, just alu cups to be pressed in.

@boblo
    The rotor also isn’t thread together.

boblo
    Free Member

@boblo The rotor also isn’t thread together.

Mine is. 👍

continuity
    Free Member

@boblo https://rotorbike.com/catalog/default/rotor/road/bottom-brackets/bb86.html

None of those are thread together. As I said in the first post, the Canyon frames are BB86. Have they discontinued your model or do you not have BB86?

Elbows

Correction for my post, I have the Token Ninja replacing the BB86. Definitely screw together.

hopkinsgm

Different application, but I have a Wheels Manufacturing thread together BB on my fat bike – quick and easy fitment, and now creak-free. 24mm axle, 41mm dia, 121mm BB width… Can’t recall if it’s ABEC-3 or ACB…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Token vs Wheels MFG BB86’ is closed to new replies.