Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Toilet hire
  • nbt

The folks down the road are having an extension and their builders have turned up with their own toilet.

We’re planning to have some building work done and like our neighbours would prefer not to have a team of builders using the bathroom. How much will it cost to hire one for the week or so we expect the work to take? Will it include facilties for the builders to wash hands properly etc (whether they will or not is a different matter, I realise)? The builder we’re planning to use has given us a quote that includes everything so I’d ask him to sort out the actual loo hiure, just want to be prepared for how much it might cost

@reluctantjumper
    I am informed that you have relevant experience in supplying these items?

rogerturner

I understand it’s around £25 per week, but most will have a 2 week minimum rental period. We’ve just had an extension built and the builders organised one for the whole time they were on site.

turboferret

We have an extension being built currently – was supposed to be finished by Christmas….

This is what I’m paying:
    <div>Chemical Toilet £25+vat Per Week Per Toilet (minimum 4 weeks hire)</div>

<div>£25+vat Delivery</div>
    <div>£25+vat Collection</div>

<div>All Toilets arrive steamed cleaned, serviced/cleaned weekly and come with the following inside:</div>

• HSE Compliant Forearm Sink
    • Hand Soap
    • Air Freshener
    • Mirror
    • 2x Toilet Rolls
    poolman
    Free Member

We had a roof done last year so made a toilet behind a hedge at the bottom of garden, just a hole in ground and some privacy. Since then anyone asking to use the wc is directed there.

I didn’t do this when I had a bathroom done and the builder decided to test the new wc by doing a no2, I really wasn’t v happy.

Suppose you live and learn.

revs1972
    Free Member

When you see the state they leave it in, you’ll be glad you paid whatever it cost to keep your own porcelain builder free*

* they are not all animals but most are 😉

nbt

Thanks folks. Builder now provisionally booked in for June (earlier than I expected!) and he’s happy to sort out a portapotti for his guys

Olly
    Free Member

the builder decided to test the new wc by doing a no2, I really wasn’t v happy.

PMSL. Gotta test it to make sure it all works before handing it over to the customer. Did you feel robbed by not being the one to christen the new throne?

Depending on how many hours work your project is (ie: not transient), they have to provide facilities for the staff, unless specifically agreed with the homeowner in writing that theirs are open for business. theyre very cheap though.

reluctantjumper

Yep, spent a week driving a truck around to deliver, empty and collect the things. I’m no expert whatsoever but I did learn a few things. They’re not cheap for a single person to rent for a short period so it’s good your builder is arranging one. The suppliers are set up to supply companies and festivals, rentals are per week and the company I was working for had a 2 week notice on end of rentals. Lots of the work was moving long term rentals from one site to another as the companies just rent them for a year as it’s cheaper than for 2-3 weeks at a time.

The whole industry seems to be a living embodiment of the saying “Where there’s muck there’s brass.”. I won’t say how much the contract for servicing the Covid Test sites is at the place I worked but it was a scarily high number and the profit on it is huge.

Gotta test it to make sure it all works before handing it over to the customer. Did you feel robbed by not being the one to christen the new throne?

I recently found out that you can buy Test Specimens for this purpose, biodegradable logs of varying sizes. They were cheap but nothing beats one you make yourself!

Bunnyhop

After my friend’s builder husband decided to blitz the downstairs loo at our old house (I think he’d eaten several curries the night before), leaving it in a disgusting state, I’m not prepared to ‘open up’ our bathroom.
    Also a chimney sweep once used our loo and that was a different kind of mess, which took as long to clean.
    Apologies if anyone’s eating their dinner/tea/supper while reading this.

Signed Mrs. nbt

kormoran
    Free Member

Jesus not another thread about client and builder falling out over a deposit

BillMC

Wowzers, the blitz and the chemi-khazi!

Bunnyhop

Very good :O)

tillydog
    Free Member

I won’t say how much the contract for servicing the Covid Test sites is at the place I worked but it was a scarily high number and the profit on it is huge.

Interesting – I know a local bog baron who was reportedly told what to bid for loos for C19 centres. It was *far* higher than his usual rate.

revs1972
    Free Member

Interesting – I know a local bog baron who was reportedly told what to bid for loos for C19 centres. It was *far* higher than his usual rate.

Anything linked to CV19 is a huge moneymaker.
    The figures involved are incredible. I’ve seen / overheard a few direct stories that would make you weep

CheesybeanZ

We’re having work started next week, we have 3 dogs and don’t want anyone accidentally letting them out ,it’s costing us £50.00 for 3 weeks hire from a local company.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Toilet hire’ is closed to new replies.