Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Toilet etiquette again. Your thoughts….
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Unfortunately, where I work, there are no shower / change facilities so it has to be done in the gents.I was part way through my post commute ablutions this morning when a chap from upstairs came in. It was all very pleasant – “good morning”, “did you have a good ride in?” etc. “I must dig” *trap door closes* “my old bike out” *sound of belt buckle and pants dropping “It’s quite old but I think it’ll be” *strain, plop* “okay after a bit of a service and maybe some new brake pads” *succession of wet trumps* “how far do you commute?” ” *balloooosh – sumbarine launched* I’m uncomfortable at this point. *two octaves higher than normal* “it’s just over six miles.” I reply. I gathered my shid and left.

Now I’m a broad minded chap. I like a laugh and a bit of lewd banter like the rest but conversing with a guy who I barely know whilst he’s dans le trap is beyond it for me. How can I chat normally when just a few feet away, seperated by just 20mm of MDF is a guy with his undercarriage over the water, thrutching and gasping to purge his bowels?

Am I being too sensitive here?

Your thoughts, as always, a delight.

franksinatra

Conversation should stop when cubicle door closes. One of those unwritten rules,

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Silence nothing but silence.

That is it. We are not women.

teasel
    Free Member

Did you expect him to develop some Jezzers just appease you…?

At least he engaged you in conversation – a distraction technique.

firestarter
    Free Member

You must shower in the toilet and he must dump in there. And yes your too sensitive 😉

Houns

Silence is a must. The only time, as men, we get complete silence

IanMunro
    Free Member

Basically you lost, and he’s now king of the toilets.

RealMan
    Free Member

If you’re both in the process, silence. If only one of you is, then it’s fine.

ton

bloke i worked with used to take his snap into the loo with him, and fish n chips now and again.

johnners
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be thrilled about it, but I’d secretly envy his sang-froid.

teasel
    Free Member

bloke i word with

That’s a form of rapping, right…? 8)

khani
    Free Member

Many many years ago I worked in a factory where some lads used to do that, except they took a paper and a brew and a bacon butty, and smoked a fag at the same time,
    [rustle, parrrrppp, phzzzzzzz,, rustle, chompchompchomp..slurrrrppp, parrrrrrpppphzzzzzzz] 😥
    It scarred me for life..

teasel
    Free Member

Maybe should’ve taken the opportunity…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1JG4cycd4w[/video]

Torminalis
    Free Member

thrutching

New word of the day!

ffej
    Free Member

What gets me is those who take.. and possibly even make phone calls in the bog.. Whist I’ll admit to the odd game of angry birds whilst enthroned, but my phone is always on silent..

Our students (I work at a Uni) however seem to think nothing of taking a waz one handed whilst gassing away with phone in other hand..

Jeff

IanMunro
    Free Member

Same at my one. I also wish they’d make a phone with a camera in the top of it, so when they’re shuffling along staring at their phones, they’d get advanced warning that they are about to walk into someone.

hugor
    Free Member

If I’ve done a particularly loud or aromatically offensive number I personally can’t leave the cubicle until the bathroom is empty. If someone is waiting outside it creates a real Mexican standoff situation.

Hohum
    Free Member

It would appear that toilet etiquette is literally going down the pan 🙁

MrNutt
    Free Member

what IanMunro said.

MrOvershoot

The talking on the phone I find very odd, walked into the staff toilets the other day and our key accounts manager was having a chat with one of his customers at full volume on the phone!
    TBH its pretty obvious to the poor sod on the other end as the acoustics in the traps is like an echo chamber at best, not only that the bloke makes some pretty vile noises while in there 😮

crawf44
    Free Member

The gent with the anus horribilous must have spent time in either old style public school or in army training camps, where ones ablutions are far from intimate. The relaxed attitude to sharing such moments worries me. What colour is his olld bike? nnnNNnnavy bbBlue!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Talking through any door = bad.

Through a toilet door = dreadful.

yunki
    Free Member

you guys are all so repressed..

MrGrim

Don’t see a problem

Posted from my iThrone

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ iThrone ^^

“giggles”

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Derek Starship/t I salute you!

Ive just tried to cut a slice of Christmas cake and I cannot hold the knife for laughing. Brilliant description! 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That’s a form of rapping, right…?

Here’s your missing ‘C’
    :mrgreen:

nealglover
    Free Member

This 🙂

You didn’t even know the rules of the game you were playing by the sound of it.

Try again tomorrow !

(My tip, get talking again, and then offer to show him a Photo of a bike you are thinking of buying. If he refuses to open the door to let you show him, you are back in the Game !!)

🙂

khani
    Free Member

you guys are all so repressed..

You didn’t work at Walls meat co, 30 years ago did you?
    [remembers..shudders]
    it feels like a week ago.. 😥 you weren’t there maaaan….

konabunny
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Lol!

tonyd

Fair play to the bloke – personally I’m not that comfortable plopping when anyone is in earshot.

Having young children has helped somewhat at home – they’re constantly opening the door and barging in, looking down the pan (between my legs) to see whats going on. Perhaps you should try this at work? That would definitely get you back in the game!

BlobOnAStick

It’s a societal thing – imagine using the communal Roman style bogs!

I’d rather not hear straining though 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Fair play to the bloke – personally I’m not that comfortable plopping when anyone is in earshot.

This! I only ever go at home!

Wasn’t the bloke on the left here was it?

duntmatter
    Free Member

cut a slice of Christmas cake

*sniggers*

derek_starship
    Free Member

Whist I’ll admit to the odd game of angry turds whilst enthroned

ffej – I can recommend a super proctologist 😀

peterfile
    Free Member

When I was only months into the job, straight out of uni, I was working with a very scary and imposing partner who was about 60.

He was washing is hands in the loo one day when I came in for a wee. As I stood at the urinal, he finished washing his hands and came over and demanded to know what had happened on an earlier telephone call I was on.

I was immediately struck with stage fright and just stood there with member in hand, completely unable to pee.

After about a minute he just blurted out, genuinely confused, “what are you doing???”

“I’m trying to go to the toilet”

“You’re not trying very hard”

then he just turned on his heels and left 🙂

joao3v16
    Free Member

I’m firmly one of the repressed non-speakers in the toilets. Just feels completely weird to me.

Our office shower & changing room also has a couple of traps.

On many occasions people will come in to use one whilst there are one or two getting changed – you can see the look of panic in their eyes whilst they hurriedly decide whether to proceed with their bowel movements in full ear-shot of people they will sit with in meetings, or do something like grab a tissue and leave to ‘go’ elsewhere.

Most seem to proceed into the trap and then sit in absolute silence, presumably until they think the room is empty.

derek_starship
    Free Member

If somebody comes into the gents while I am already ensconsed on the porcelain, I have no qualms about giving my full yield.

But I won’t leave until the movement sensor lights go out. I know one day somebody will be there, stock still with a gotcha rictus!

Harry_the_Spider

He was just letting you know what he thinks of you.

Imagine of a silverback gorilla (fig 1.) baring his teeth whilst crapping off the top of the climbing frame in front of a couple of hundred gawping zoo visitors, or Ann Widdecombe (fig 2.) delivering a dressing down to a junior minister whilst perched on the khazi with the trap door open.

You’ve just been owned. With poo.

fig 1.

fig 2.

Alex

OP Made me laugh anyway. I’d feel pretty uncomfortable if a discourse is being held ‘beyond the pale’ as it were. Reminded me of this please make it stop from a few years ago. I remember as if it were yesterday. Which means more therapy 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Toilet etiquette again. Your thoughts….’ is closed to new replies.