Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • toddler vs sleep
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Only one winner in the blobby household last night.

Dedicate this thread to anyone else who’s tired and irritable this morning 🙁

jam-bo

2am-3am.

meeeee
    Free Member

yeah i dont understand where they get all that energy from and ours needs very little sleep!

Had been running round all day yesterday with no nap, didnt go to sleep until 10, then wide awake happy as anything at 6am this morning. Whereas me, wake up at 6 knackered, sit on my arse at work all day and i’d happily fall asleep at 9pm! I think somehow she’s tapping into my energy and sucking it dry!

Somehow need to motivate myself to go on bike tonight but its not looking good. I’m checking the weather half hoping for rain….

Edit – obviously i have the luxury of lots of sleep compared to OP, but still cant work out how toddlers are so active

sandwicheater

5am-6am apparently, poor Mrs SE. I just sleep through it.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

hour long tiz kicked off at bedtime – overtired from a lack of normal afternoon snooze

and 4am the night before

the joys, oh the joys

kimbers

our 2 lads have been rotating illnesses for the last couple of weeks, I cant remember when I last got an uninterrupted 6 hours

we have some friends staying this weekend and trying to get the house tidy is being made extra awkward by snotty kids and grumpy wife parents

chojin
    Free Member

Pffffft. Amateurs.

Mini-chojin has had a grand total of 2hrs sleep last night.
    Conveniently broken up in to 15 minute chunks.

Tired doesn’t cover it :/

dooosuk
    Free Member

3.35am to 4.25am – 9mth old is teething but last night was one of the better nights thankfully.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I think somehow she’s tapping into my energy and sucking it dry!

Does feel like this sometimes. Was half twelve till 3am last night. No idea what was wrong. Not a hint of a problem before bed and he seems fine this morning.

Though to be fair on Blobby Jr, having read some of the baby threads on here we don’t have it too bad most of the time.

Somehow need to motivate myself to go on bike tonight but its not looking good.

This goes double for turbo training motivation 🙁

eltonerino
    Free Member

2 year old didn’t go to sleep until 11.30pm. Woke again at 6:30am.

Second time ever that she has got herself out of bed (even in the mornings, she just sings to herself), so can’t really complain.

ransos
    Free Member

A little while ago, our toddler had a chest infection, and the resulting cough kept her awake the entire night – none of us slept a wink. Obviously, having a week-old baby as well added to the party…

thegreatape
    Free Member

wilko1999
    Free Member

Have a king-sized 2 month-old baby boy who we are currently working on getting into a routine. Its hard, especially with a stinking cold. Sat here at work like death warmed up.

EDIT: Okay he’s not a toddler, but I’ve got one of those too. She likes to wake in the middle of the night and sing loudly so that it blasts through the baby monitor and wakes the baby boy just as he’s finally gone off to sleep.

jekkyl

sometimes my 2 yr old comes into our room at like 2.15am completely convinced that it’s 6.30am and time to get dressed for pre-school. Very funny when she starts saying ‘come on mummy wake up, come on.’

tonyd

Either or

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This probably isn’t the right place to say that Little Miss CFH sleeps soundly every night from 1930 to 0730 the next day, is it?

scud
    Free Member

I feel your pain, for quite a while our daughter (just turned 4) was ok at sleeping, she always woke fairly early (5.30 -6am) but slept through the night.

She seems to have started having bad dreams at night, and will not sleep in her own bed once she is awoken, last night i went to bed about 11pm and she came into our room about 1.30am and kept us awake all night and this has been the problem for weeks now. I almost completely lost my rag with her last night!

wilko1999
    Free Member

No its not. There’s always someone who proudly boasts about their childs sleeping prowess. You’re not welcome round these parts… 😐

jam-bo

This probably isn’t the right place to say that Little Miss CFH sleeps soundly every night from 1930 to 0730 the next day, is it?

it won’t last…

daveh
    Free Member

Seems I’m on the right track with this parenting lark TonyD, yep to both. 🙂

peath
    Free Member

tonyd plus 1 – groclocks are brilliant!

Just don’t set the audible alarm – no point in waking them up unnecessarily!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

[gloat] 4 year old and a 1 year old.
    4 year old sleeps from 19.30 through to *06.20 when his groclock tells him it’s time to wake mummy and daddy and 1 year old sleeps all the way through til 06.30 with just a little grizzle sometime during the night. 😀 [/gloat]

*Although 4 year old could be heard this morning singing Old McDonald to himself in bed at 05.45. 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Tonyd, the first is tempting but usually only means I’m even more grumpy when I do get woken up. What age for a growclock?

CFH, how old? We were quite smug about the sleeping routine until we hit teething.

To be fair on Blobby Jr, he does sleep soundly from 7pm till 7am more often than not. And when he does get up all he usually wants to do is get back to sleep. Last night was exceptionally bad for us.

No 2 on the way in less than a month here and the excitement is heavily tempered with dread about the sleep situation 😕

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

She’s 14 months now, Mr B and has been sleeping like that since about three months old. Nearly a full set of teeth in there as well.

I think it’s all down to the massive amount of effort Mrs CFH puts in to mothering. In fact, it is all down to that!

organic355
    Free Member

mine is 4-1/2 weeks.

Sleep, what is this sleep you speak of?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good effort there Mrs CFH. Think a lot of it is definitely teaching them how to settle themselves and sleep but reckon there is a fair bit of luck there too 🙂

peath
    Free Member

We’ve had a groclock since our first was about 18 months old, took a little bit of getting used to, but now both (ages 4.5 and 2) are brilliant at not getting out of bed until it’s time. They often wake early and chat/play though! (they share a room).

brakes
    Free Member

20 month old.
    comes in to our bed anywhere between midnight and 6am.
    spends at least an hour a night kicking me in the back, headbutting the wife and practicing his words – mainly who he has met the previous day and what he had for dinner.
    stays in bed until 07:30 though which is good.

bruneep

Flashy drug induced sleeps don’t count.

Wait until they are teenagers, canna get them out of their beds

zokes
    Free Member

Yes. Yes it is. (Expectant father with sprog due any day now)

user-removed
    Free Member

I sleep on the sofa, fully dressed, for at least three nights out of seven. Just waiting for the howl from the intercom. I’m beginning to smell bad.

LimboJimbo

I spent the hours between 2 and 4 on Monday morning trying to convince LimboJunior that, actually, he didnt want to have a story, that he didn’t want some porridge and that no, none of his stuffed animals needed ‘Nappy, nappy.’

He had been waking up at the same time for the previous 10 nights. Last night I left the dimmer switch on a low light. Not a peep out of him all night.

🙄 Doh!

tonyd

Both of ours (3 and 4) got a gro clock when the sides came off of their cots, so about 2 years old. Took a few nights/mornings of putting them back to bed or sitting with them to watch the sun come up, but they never come in until 7am these days unless they need a wee or something.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Zokes, the key (I think) is routine. Mrs CFH has worked really hard at getting Her Babyship in to a nice routine from birth, and one that has gradually evolved as she’s grown up. Such as dropping the morning snooze in favour of a slightly longer afternoon sleep, moving feed times around to accomodate etc.

Whisper it quietly, but it’s basically Gina Ford, without the rigidity of such strict timetables. Just work out whatever timetable works for you and Mini-Zokes.

Best of luck to you and your impending new family! 🙂 It’s ORSUMZ!

tonyd

We did the same Flashy, read and digested Gina Ford and then adapted it to suit us. Worked a treat.

brakes
    Free Member

so you’ve used the Gina Ford approach of removing your baby’s soul.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Eh?

Hardly, brakes, she’s an absolute riot! 😀

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Zokes, the key (I think) is routine

This +1

Over Christmas we let our 2 yo stay up longer as we had family staying etc but it really made him very difficult to get to sleep. 2hrs plus just to get him to settle. When we went back to work and back to the normal routine and constant 7.15 bedtime, after 3 tough nights he was back to his usual pattern. Picks a book to read, stands by his cot waiting for me to lift him in and is asleep in 20 mins.

So stick to the routine, it works.

Who is Gina Ford? Did she do the Eurovison? 😀

brakes
    Free Member

Eh?

bloody smug parents with sleeping babies 😉

ours has a very good routine, he just chooses not to stick to it 😀

Drac

My kids slept all night from about 6 weeks old they still do it was routine with us too that and they were good at feeding so never woke hungry after their last feed.

All kids are different though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘toddler vs sleep’ is closed to new replies.