• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by momo.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Toddler front frame mounted seat
  • adds

Hi , my daughter has out grown her thule yepp mini (Weight!) so im looknig at getting a Kids ride shotgun or similar. Has any one has experience with the oxford brand one as its much cheaper than the Kids ride shotgun one. It want be used every week and a new Kids ride shotgun seat is not cheap.

Or if any one has a shotgun one for sale can i buy it.

jamesmio
    Free Member

Shotgun here – wee one loves it; it’s been worth every penny.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I got this off amazon, used it on my Nomad, spot on

Get it with the handlebars, and get them a bell for the bars.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    momo

I bought the oxford one, it’s rubbish, there’s no way to adjust the seat angle other than a small rubber wedge, so unless they’ve updated the design I’d avoid. Currently have it fitted to MrsMomos bike as the top tube is a lot more horizontal so it’s not too bad.

Bit the bullet and bought a macride for my bike, absolutely brilliant, has had loads of use over the last 4 years, number 1 child has just outgrown it (she’s a pretty big 5 year old) so I’m off out in a minute to pick up a tag-along for her and her sister will get to be my co-pilot on the macride now (and MrsMomo gets an easy time!)

nedrapier

Macride here, too. Love it. It gets daily use for nursery runs, with the other kiddie in a Hamax on the back. 2 and 4. Most of the time they agree on who’s going to sit in which seat. It’s a bit of a battle when they don’t!

gets regular outings on the mtb as well, took them both tykepacking – hammocking in the woods on separate nights a couple of weeks ago.

From what I gather it sits lower than the Shotgun, so chin/helmet interfaces are less of an issue for longer. And it seems easier to swap from bike to bike, just need keep one of their headset spacer mounts on each bike you’re using it on then it’s just a straight swap over – 2 clips and a tighten up.

jonnyrobertson

I think I’d go for a Macride. And I’m saying that as a Shotgun owner. Macrides don’t fit if you have a 1.5 headtube, or at least they didn’t, hence why we have a shotgun.

The Shotgun is pretty agricultural for the price but I’ve used it with no issues. Too many negative reviews of cheaper versions of the Shotgun (Oxford or Amazon eBay no namers) for me to wait to risk it but whatever you go for you need bars, they make a world of difference. Also, not that it’s necessary but some nice thin single clamp lock on grips gives slightly more width for the little one.

anderzz
    Free Member

Not cheap but I also use a mac ride. Think I paid about £130 using an ebay code.

escrs
    Free Member

I have the Oxford one

Been great, works perfect on my hybrid, been using it 3 times a week every week for the last 3 years

This will prob be the last year as the boy is getting too big now he is nearly 6

nedrapier

I’ve used cloth bar tape inboard of the controls for the boys to hold onto. warmer than a cold ally bar, with a bit of extra grip.

And for winter, we’ve used a bar muff from a buggy/stroller. Top tip!

bigginge

I’ve also got one of the knock off kids ride shotgun seats from amazon. Paired it with a proper kids ride shotgun handlebar and its working really well for our two and a half year old when were out on the trails. The only slight issue, as raised on a recent thread, is where you put your head when they inevitably decide to stand up.

FOG

We bought a yepp mini for our granddaughter but it won’t work on my daughter in law’s bike. She would need arms like an orang utan to ride it.
    Any suggestions for child seat for a smallish MTB?

Shackleton

@adds I have a shotgun that I’m willing to part with. DM me if you are interested. Or respond to my pinkbike advert!

Would post here in classifieds but it never works for me….

Ta,

S

peekay

I’ve been using an eBay version that looks almost identical to the v1 Shotgun for the last 6 months.

Most days it gets used for nursery drop off/pick up, a couple of times a week for a few trails on the way home, with the occasional longer weekend ride. So far have been using from 18 months to 2 years. He absolutely loves it.

It cost about £25 including the handlebars. I don’t regret not buying the brand name ones at 7x the price.

zerocool

We’ve got a couple of KIds ride shotgun seats and our 2 love them

adds

So great feed back guys really useful, i managed to purchase a excellent Shotgun seat from @Shackleton on this very fine forum. My daughter and i have been out a few times and shes has taken to it instantly and loves it, there is the faster daddy whilst moving back and forth to get me to go faster which was bit unnerving on the road! !

momo

Brilliant!

I taught my oldest to aero tuck when she wants to go faster! Now the younger one has inherited the front seat she just wants to play games, usually guess which animal I am or I spy (I take pride in passing people down the cycle path between nursery and home while doing elephant impressions complete with swinging trunk arm!)

Faster Daddy goes to a whole new level once they’re big enough for a tag-along

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nAv48P]Tag-along-a-go-go[/url] by Matt Cotterill, on Flickr

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.