Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Toddler friendly stop offs en route to the Alps
  • alfabus
    Free Member

Evening all,

Next month is alfa jr’s second trip to the alps. Last year, he was young enough that we got most of the journey done as we always used to, with a few extra stops thrown in to let him crawl around and to change nappies etc.

This year, he’ll be nearly 2, so we need to do things a bit differently. From experience of going to Scotland etc, the best way for us is to drive for about 3-4 hours at a stretch, just after lunch – then he sleeps in his car seat!

So… we’re getting a Wednesday morning tunnel, and arriving in Chamonix on the Saturday morning ready for a week of riding and walking.

Can anyone recommend towns/campsites/hotels/lakes/country parks/things to do etc for us to break the journey down into bite sized chunks.

We’re after 3 stops with somewhere to stay (we’ll be in my T5 with poptop, so can do campsites or hotels) and at least a morning’s worth of toddler style entertainment. Ideally, we want the journey to be a valid part of our holiday; not just, y’know… a journey.

What can you suggest, all knowing STW?

Cheers,
    Dave

slackboy

Beaune is lovely. There is a town campsite that
    That’s a short walk from the centre. Nice restaurants and the last few times I’ve been there there has been a carousel and music in the town square.

It’s about 5-6 hours drive from Chamonix

alfabus
    Free Member

Thanks slackboy, that’s exactly the sort of thing I’m after

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TroutWrestler
    Free Member

There is a good Aire by the marina in Pont a Mousson. It has showers and toilets. 11 euro a night. Just west there is a large reservoir with a country park type set up. You can ride around the lac. I think we did it in a morning with the tagalong and Bobike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Toddler friendly stop offs en route to the Alps’ is closed to new replies.