Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Todays woodbury common spin…..(pics)
  • knottie8
    Free Member

I’ve not posted on here for ……….. err, a long time so here is a few snaps from todays ride including “bike against post” pics. A couple of “PRs” on Strava too .

kayak23

Looks like a lovely day for it. Nice. 🙂

eviljoe
    Free Member

Looks loverly Knottie (though concerned about the high seat/deep water dangers..)

Woodbury used to be my local riding spot, not been there for a while now, must revisit for some nice autumn colours.

PS Horay for the return of the ‘I went on a ride and took some pictures’ thread, so much nicer than the ‘what sort of bike do you want to buy next?’ threads. More please!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jobro
    Free Member

’twas a great day for it.

That Turner Czar is easliy the best bike I’ve seen on here for a while!

ART

The universe is back on an even keel … Thanks Knottie for posting bikes, posts & countryside pics. Watch & learn peeps 😉

coomber
    Free Member

Was going there tomorrow but now made plans for Haldon. Regret!

amedias
    Free Member

Went over/across on tuesday night, superbly excellent conditions at the moment 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

been up a few times this week… the early misty mornings are amazing

lush

whathills
    Free Member

Looks like quite a few of you in my very close vicinity …. This is all a 15 mins ride from my front door.

I have loads of pictures of my bike leaning against plenty gorgeous bits of countryside … Including posts, countrywide !!!

But i don’t know how to post them here… please dont try to tell me, it wont end well.

I rarely ride in company though… Folks have a tendency to fall off their own bikes whilst laughing at my ‘vintage’ Giant … With ; whisper it … No cleats … No bike computer … 18 year old, much mended front panniers.

Real confession time now … I don’t even know how many hundreds of miles I just rode in Scotland .

Expecting to be modded off;

anytime now.

Del

8)

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

lovely. It’s this time of year I miss the Common most.

porter_jamie

My wife’s best friend lives at Budleigh Salterton. Can you ride to the common from there?

Andy

ha ha always love a Knottie pics post. 😀

rexated
    Free Member

Great stuff, thanks Knottie.

I thought jobro had got a new carbon hardtail for a second there, until I realised it was just the sleek lines of the Czar 😀

whathills
    Free Member

@porter _jaimie

in fact I suspect the ‘deep water’ picture may have been taken on what is technically ‘Budleigh Salterton Common’ – prizes not, for where that finds itself…

But whichever way round, there is a great series of interconnecting commons of various names here – high Pebblebed heath, with excellent views which stretch for some miles inland from the coast.

Great for off road ridin,g because as it is dry sandy Heathland. In some places the isolated Scots pines, and the yellow grass give it an almost African appearance.

There is the added potential excitement of ‘bush – clad Marines’ popping up along the way as they train there, oh and the odd bit of shelling makes it even more fun!!

ell_tell
    Free Member

Ahh, I grew up in Exmouth so that brings back happy memories of childhood spent riding around there.

Was always fun stumbling across the marines training exercises or the medieval reenactment groups 🙂

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Was always fun stumbling across the marines training exercises

I lived in Lympstone and rode there often.

I remember a night ride 20 years ago with terrible lights and literally riding over a Marine.

ajantom

Seems to be a lot of Woodbury locals on here (I’m Ottery based) we should have a STW Woodbury meet up at some point 🙂
    I did a lovely road and green lane route on my gravel bike yesterday all around Newton Pop, otterton, Budleigh and Woodbury. Lovely weather!

amedias
    Free Member

Seems to be a lot of Woodbury locals on here (I’m Ottery based) we should have a STW Woodbury meet up at some point

+1

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

great pics, thanks for posting.

i went to university there in the early 90s and rode woodbury every day, on a rigid gary fisher hookooekoo, for years. love it and still miss it hugely.

i did that mallets bash some years ago, think that was the last time i rode up there, shame thats not run any longer.

methers27
    Free Member

Exeter based here, not sure how much of Woodbury I know, would be great to get something organised there

ajantom

How about next Sunday, four firs car park, say midday? 😀

yunki
    Free Member

Yep! 🙂 I’ll tag along for a bit until my smoker’s cough lets me down…

At which point I can nip off and continue on my own ‘cos I was going to be up there anyway

whathills
    Free Member

Would like to join in.

Only I’m a bit busy that Sunday.

And you might laugh at my bike 😉

Have fun y’all … 🙂

Del

I did a lovely road and green lane route on my gravel bike yesterday

dirty perv.
    make it a saturday and i can come.

yunki
    Free Member

Saturday is fine with me too

ajantom

Can’t do Sat next weekend as I’m in France for a couple of days and coming back in the evening.

amedias
    Free Member

How about next Sunday, four firs car park, say midday?

I’m doing an Audax on Dartmoor on Sunday so no-can-do 🙁

Burchy1
    Free Member

Del – Member

dirty perv.
    make it a saturday and i can come.

You COULD turn the Deathstar Ley Arms tractorbeam off for one weekend you know… 😉

Del

OR i could do both you know 😉

sr0093193
    Free Member

Photographic evidence of del going for a bike ride on a beach please.

ajantom

If he does, I will 😉 I’ve taken him up to Woodbury once a few years ago. He still moans about it.

Del

Rick moans a lot more than I do ( not just generally ).
    it is like riding on the f*ing beach though.. 😉

ajantom

You’d ‘love’ the ride I did a while back Del. Sidmouth to Branscombe at low tide. It literally was riding on the beach 😈

knottie8
    Free Member

rode there again today and picked up a black eye for my sins …. branch in the face jobie… makes a change from the woodbury gorse bleeding badges…

ajantom

I never made it out today, came down with a stinking cold whilst in France 🙁 sitting here full of snot and self pity right now!

gasser
    Free Member

Did a 3 hour loop around Woodbury on Friday morning (very regular ride if anyone wants to join us) and again today as part of a ride from Sidmouth, via Bowd, Mutters Woodbury single track upto Woodbury Castle, Aylesbeare, Bowd and home 🙂

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Todays woodbury common spin…..(pics)’ is closed to new replies.