Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Today’s WFH Tunes – Alabama 3 content
  • Harry_the_Spider

Crikey, I wish I’d seen these live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea9b2oHX6C8

Right then, back to work!

[edit] why can’t I embed video any more? [/edit]

nedrapier

Saw them in Kentish Town Forum about 8 years ago. Great entertainment, shame about the shit sound system!

vinnyeh

Seen them a few times, really like them, kind of expected they’d have a bit more mainstream success.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Saw them a few times at the o2 in Oxford. Always a good night. There again so are most nights that start on the Cowley Road.

DezB
    Free Member

Saw them in Brighton few years back. They were brill. Mainly recall how great the backing singers voice was.
    The Very Reverend D.Wayne Love died only just over a year ago. Sad.

zilog6128

Love these guys. Exile got to be in my 3 top fave albums, so cool. Never seen them though – my biggest regret in life is that when I had tickets almost 20 years ago to see them at the student union, we had been banned the previous day for getting hammered and re-enacting The Matrix with the uni kung-fu club 😂 (it was only messing about, no students were harmed etc etc but the bouncer was having none of it 😭😭😭)

The Very Reverend D.Wayne Love died only just over a year ago. Sad.

did not know that 😞

nicko74

I’m gutted I never got round to seeing them. Their later albums didn’t really hit the spot for me in the same way, although Outlaw wasn’t bad.

fatoldgit

Seen them several times and always a great night out.

Guess we may see more of the acoustic sets now with the Reverend no longer around , but they are still great, just different.

And just now I figure No One is going to Goa 😉

jeffl

Discovered them at Glastonbury must have been back in 97/98/99, one of the muddy years anyway. They were on the other stage and had the midday slot. Wasn’t expecting much but they were absolutely awesome. Probably one of the best performances I’ve seen at glastonbury.

Been into them ever since. They obviously had a bit of rise in popularity following their exposure via the Sopranos.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I nearly joined them back in the day but turned the offer down. My then band played a few shows with them in and around Brixton.Great bunch of guys. We all used to hang out together in the various bars along Coldharbour Lane. Sad news about jake. 🙁

leffeboy

Never seen them live but suspect they would be incredible. They did a ‘live’ streaming thing last Fri but suspect they really missed having an audience rightin front of them to play off of

I accidentally found them looking for versions of John Prines ‘speed of the sound of loneliness’.  Their version is superb

VanHalen

Love them. Seen them a good few times now and always great. Probably one of my fave bands. The wife wants ‘she don’t danse to tekno’ played at her funeral! Haha

leffeboy

The wife wants ‘she don’t danse to tekno’ played at her funeral! Haha

Top choice

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Wife or song?

leffeboy

Both clearly 😃

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Today’s WFH Tunes – Alabama 3 content’ is closed to new replies.