Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Today’s Rebuild Job – The Online Shop!
  • Mark

Having switched servers (Our old one still has not come back online yet) we need to install the entire shop system again. Since that contains about 5gb of digital download files it’s taking a while.

Claire’s problem solving exercise for today is to work out what was ordered between Christmas Eve and yesterday since those orders are currently sat on our downed server.

So, if you placed an order in that period could you make contact with claire@singletrackworld.com and tell what it is you ordered. Or call her direct on 01706 814397. We have the payment details so no trying to add on an extra DVD or anything 🙂 If you have the email receipt that our shop sends out then that would quite literally be just the ticket.

Sorry for the hassle.. It’s been like the perfect storm this last week. It really has.

Cheers
    Mark

soma_rich
    Free Member

Cool hope your stress levels are dropping.

Just had a nice email from Claire all sounds good with my order now :mrgreen:

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Oh, I didn’t get an email… am sure it is all good though, not going to ring, must be hectic enough as it is there.

Mark

Claire will be making contact via email with anyone whose order we need to get more details for.

brant
    Free Member

I thought you had one-stop-automation running? Mine pokes the server every 20mins.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Thanks Mark.
    brant, I am guessing that this is just making sure no customers suffer thanks to the Pharse that was Christmas. Belt and braces and comforting to see. Unnecessary? possibly but I would no be surprised if you did something similar if you were in the same situation, just to be sure…

Certainly beats the crap out of assuming it is all good and waiting for inquiries/complaints about unfulfilled orders.

brant
    Free Member

Tracker – Mark runs similar shop software to what we do. It’s a little odd to say the least, relying on an offline database and stock control/ordering download triggered by a PC, rather than anything server based.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I will node sagely and say “ahhh, see what you mean” then wander off hoping nobody realises I have not got a clue what that really means, but you actually use it so I will defer to your experience, and be pleased that my subscription will have been dealt with by a PC that got a message from a server, rather than a server process?

Or Claire 🙂

Everyday is a school day. Which is a pain in the a** when you are a Primary school teacher!

Mark

We had One Stop Auto running.. Set to download orders every 30 mins but for some goddamn unknown reason it stopped!

tomdebruin
    Free Member

the shop is back…

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Computer says no…..

Redirect Loop

Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked.

The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is

redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.

* Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?

* NOTE: If accepting the site’s cookies does not resolve the problem, it is probably a server configuration

issue and not your computer.

peteimpreza

I managed to get to the shop by clicking on the digital downloads advert.

But the other links do not work.

Thanks for all the hard work over the last week to keep STW going.

Happy New Year.

peteimpreza

Now the advert link is not working

tomdebruin
    Free Member

i think it’s sorted now. I just want to go to sleep.

peteimpreza

Nice one Tom. Have a power nap now and then get stuck in to your favourite tipple to see the New Year in. You all deserve it. 8)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Happy New Year everybody, thanks for getting the forum etc. up and running. Bottoms up!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Today’s Rebuild Job – The Online Shop!’ is closed to new replies.