• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Del.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Todays Qs ride pics.
  • knottie8
    Free Member

I had another weekend full of cycling , yesterday Exmoor and today the QS. Both days I had the pleasure of showing Chris and Luke my local hills. Ben, from my wednesday beginners group, joined us for the first half of the ride. Today we crammed in as many as possible coombes until Chris couldnt pedal up big hills anymore . Cream teas were eaten at the Coombe Hotel . Thanks guys for letting me show you around and to think I very nearly stayed home today and rested ! Comments ?

click the pic for more pics from the weekend.

luked2
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it!

That steep descent off the top of Dunkery Beacon! What a ride. Nice smell of burning rotor at the bottom. But I'll have to come back with a few more gears to try and get up Granny's Ride.

The Q's are a revelation. We'd got some idea there might be a few trails hidden away, but had no idea there were so many gems tucked away in there. We definitely need to return and do it properly. Possibly even going back to single speed (I'd hate it if my chain came off while I was climbing out of one of those combes, full of cream tea…)

Thanks again – very much appreciated!

soma_rich
    Free Member

I hate Maxxis tyres. Done that to 3 or 4 now!

luked2
    Free Member

I hate Maxxis tyres. Done that to 3 or 4 now!

Yep, that's the second one I've had go like that. That one happened just commuting to work.

rexated
    Free Member

that's a neat bit of stitching – knottie's larsons could do with some work like that

if you ever want to find it again, the disc break scorching down hill is the descent from stoke pero down to horner water – a cracking trail, and there's a cheeky one of to the side that is even better IMO….

was good to meet you both, and thanks for the brief spin on the singular….once home i fired up the singular website and even mrs rexated was quite taken by the look of them -so i'll read that as a green light for eventual purchase!

bet you're glad you got shown around the good stuff on sunday by the quantocks mtb royalty 😈 8)

Del

knottie is certainly the man for the job.
    must be accumulating quite a rogue's gallery of worn/patched up mtb pics by now!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Todays Qs ride pics.’ is closed to new replies.