Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • TODAY’S POLL When did you last get a proper puncture?
  • Rubber_Buccaneer

Will I jinx myself if I vote in today’s poll?

oliverracing

About 10 days ago. Touring from Luxembourg to Calais on a tandem. Felt very hard to pedal for about an hour then did a fast corner and the back end kind of drifted weirdly and we nearly crashed as my stoker panic leaned. Slow puncture with no idea of the cause but was a tiny pinprick hole! Took an hour to fix as hard to fully unload and re-load all the panniers and kit to make the bike lift-able!

Klunk
    Free Member

most of mine are user error. last 2 were letting the tube get stuck between the rim an the tire and not fixing an old tube properly (it was due to those raised seems and the tube didn’t have a removable core for the smidge of sealant trick) 🙁

geomickb
    Free Member

Not for a couple of years!

I keep saying I will go tubeless when I next get a puncture.

I do run quite high pressure because I hate that sticky feeling when you have to do a bit of road.

Mick

anagallis_arvensis

Just now doing 80mph in outside lane of M5

Northwind

I’m in the 28% “not for a year”- almost exactly a year in fact, at bikepark wales, got a cut in the rear for no apparent reason on a featureless smooth trail, ah well.

Burped it almost flat at the mega but that doesn’t count I think.

thatscold
    Free Member

Today – first time in ages. Pinch flat on the front. I was only carrying CO2 and patches. Took me 20 mins to fix it. Will carry spare tube in future! It was so hot today I was travelling light.

somafunk

Probably back before i ran tubeless, so perhaps 15years + at the least.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

5 blackthorns in a new front tyre yesterday evening.

Poopscoop

anagallis_arvensis

Just now doing 80mph in outside lane of M5

Unrestricted e bike? You bar steward!

tjagain

Its been so long I cannot remember. tubeless or puncture protection conti tyres – and riding a lot of urban / cycleways – one tyre on my commuter I took more than a dozen bits of glass out of but the kevlar belt kept them out

BillMC

On the bikes, not for years. In the car, last Saturday.

Cougar

Two weeks after I got a brand new lease car and said “no thanks” to the extra tyre cover.

I took it to Kwik Fit, they said “it’s on VW finance, you need to go to National.” I explained that VW wasn’t paying for it, I was, they said “oh, OK then.” Went back later to collect it, got given the keys and was like “umm… don’t you want any money?” They said, “it’s a lease vehicle isn’t it?” I replied “yes, but I’m not covered for tyre damage,” they said “oh… well… it looks like it’s your lucky day then sir, see you later.” Which was nice.

If you mean on the bike, you’re in the wrong forum.

big_scot_nanny

Sliced a massive, irreparable hole (like 1.5″ in a Y shape) right in the middle of my rear tire heading down towards Morzine.

Of course it had been so long since I’d had a puncture that my Park Tools tire boot had lost all stickiness, my emergency glue had dried out, and the tube I put in already had a massive patch on it that failed after about another km.

When tubeless goes wrong, it really goes wrong!

Garry_Lager

Mountain biking not had one in beards – reasonably sure I’ve ever had one on my main mountain bike (anthem) and that is 4 or 5 years old.
    Get a few on the road commuting – last month most recent. They seal but the tyre can’t hold high pressure any more so need to patch them when I can be arsed to do so.

Rubber_Buccaneer

If you mean on the bike, you’re in the wrong forum.

There’s a bike forum?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Picked up two snakebites at the weekend, patched one before I realised there was a second.

Before that was another run where I vowed to go tubeless. Really should get around to doing that. Next week…

papamountain
    Free Member

Last night, 10 miles from home. Big thorn in the front tyre. I pulled it out and it hissed at me, carried on riding and the stans sealed it straight away. Love tubeless…

whitestone
    Free Member

Had three snakebites on the road bike weekend before last, two of them at the same time on the same tyre. Then had a tyre wobble on Saturday and thirty seconds later the tube blew.

On the mountain bikes – they’re tubeless, the only incidents have been a dinged rim about fifteen months ago and one nail hole requiring an anchovy about three years ago have been the sum total.

Drac

About 7 years ago.

pothead
    Free Member

Last Saturday afternoon while practicing stage 6 of the Naughty Northumbrian. Thumbnail sized hole in rear tyre near the top of the hill, thought it had sealed but was completely flat in about 2 seconds. It wasn’t even worth trying 2 put a tube in but managed to roll down without damaging the rim and the marshals arranged for a 4×4 to get me back to the campsite (around 3 miles away)

DezB
    Free Member

I was quite please when I had mine, cos it gave me the first opportunity to try out my shiny plugger device. It worked brilliantly.
    Was the only mtb puncture in a good few years though.

slowoldman

Sidewall ripped on the car last week.

perchypanther
    Free Member

June 9th 2016 at 20:14

twistedpencil

Mega Affinity just after the wooden bridge after the glacier.  Heard the dreaded hissss from the damage rear wheel.

Damaged the rear wheel in qualification the day before which was my first puncture in over a year, the time before that practising for Mega 18.

Prior to that no punctures in 6years…

tall_martin

Smashed my front wheel into a tree and turned it into a pretzel this afternoon. First time I’ve ever seen a rim do that in person!

Had a bike shop at the bottom of the lift rebuild it with a new rim- rim had snapped.

Puncture about 1/4 into the next run!

Grr.

junglistjut
    Free Member

Got a pinch flat riding down some stairs about a month ago. Went tubeless after that.

jimdubleyou

About three weeks ago – had road tyres on my cross bike which weren’t really up to the track I was going down. Small thorn, sealant in tube sealed it eventually. Left a mess on the bike as sealant roostered everywhere.

CheesybeanZ

About 2 years ago on my fat bike , running getto tubeless on a night ride .
    It got a little sweary and I went back to tubes on the fatty.

gringo

Yesterday, annoyingly slashed the tread and sidewall of a 3 ride old Maxxis Aggressor. Lost pretty much all of the sealent so it wouldn’t seal up and my tubeless repair kit rubber glue had all dried up. It was only the day before when i found the kit in my tool roll that i thought to myself that I hadn’t used it for years…2 mile walk home for me.

fasthaggis

Had a hernia repair 4 weeks ago,seems to be holding.

philjunior
    Free Member

MTB I reckon I get about 1/year, riding to work along drunkenly glass strewn paths, loads.

Got one on Tuesday which looked like the tyre had got a fairly big cut all the way through and the tube had had an aneurysm through it. New tyre time, though gaffa tape is holding for now.

franksinatra

Years ago. I’ve never used tubeless.

trumpton
    Free Member

about 2 weeks ago riding country lanes. Went when I was back home thankfully. Think it was a problem with the valve. Just lost all air in 10 seconds. Before that a few years. Still on tubes.

Edukator
    Free Member

MTB: two years ago. I’ve had a 3 puctures that have required putting a tube in to get home since going tubeless in 2004/5. I’ve had to reinflate half a dozen times.

Road: Madame two weeks ago. The spare tub wouldn’t stick so she hitched home; riding home on the flat tub or a poorly glued tub wasn’t an option as she was near the top of the Col de Soudet. I’ve recently gone tubeless on one roadie, so far so good.

Touring: six years ago.

Car: 1996.

hot_fiat

4 weeks ago today, in Whistler, on a hire bike. Who the blinking flip equips a rental Giant Glory in Whistler with JRM-era tyre technology?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

A contributory factor has got to be that people are running/bikes specced with thicker carcass tyres actually suited to mountain biking and not trying to get away with lightweight paper thin shitters. Which many brands used to pimp as premium products and spec on bikes so the headline weights were lower!

I remember a while back, before the Enduro moniker was attached to everything, I could buy thicker carcuss tyres for peanuts. They were often sold as “training tyres” sort of ugly sisters in the range, how times have changed!

No more do we have riders coming on to the forum up in arms about how their, 120 tpi single ply toilet paper tyres, puncture all the **** time when there’s a whiff of rock in the air!

arrpee
    Free Member

Not for yonks since going tubeless.

Then I rode my mate’s tube-equipped hardtail while he was trying out my bike with a view to buying something similar. I pretty-much insta-flatted, having neglected to adapt my riding even a little bit.

AlasdairMc

About ten minutes into Tuesday’s Pentlands, Pie and Pint Ride.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘TODAY’S POLL When did you last get a proper puncture?’ is closed to new replies.