Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Today’s poll…Munro’s
  • Davesport

3 people have responded that they’ve done all of them. C’mon, fess up! There’s obviously a few stories to be told about the asscent of the the In Pin with the bike.

tomhoward

If there is one thing that’s to be relied upon, it’s that people always tell the truth in anonymous internet polls

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Yes it sounds pretty dubious to me.  I know of one person who’s done it and another who is in the process.  It’s not just the Inn Pinn and Cuilins that are problematic though, Liathach, An Teallach, Forcan ridge, Aonach Eagach would also be “awkward” let alone those which would see you knee deep in bogs on foot let alone on a bike.

Pics needed!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I almost clicked ‘bagged the lot’ but seeing as I haven’t done any, (cos Helvellyn doesn’t count) & have no interest in bagging any on a bike, I clicked that one instead.

Drac

I did them all it 24 hours on single speed rigid.

gonefishin
    Free Member

There’s obviously a few stories to be told about the asscent of the the In Pin with the bike.

It depends on your definition doing a munro by bike.  There are certainly people who will have climbed the in pin with a bike on their back just for bragging rights if nothing else.

rugbydick

Danny MacAskill’s “done” the In Pinn…

AlasdairMc

That’s what you’ve been up to since the WHW Double. Well done!

Also, this forum needs a ‘like’ button for comments like that 🙂

km79
    Free Member

24 hours? You must have stopped a lot.

Trimix
    Free Member

What do STW do with the data from these Polls ?

Will there now be a load of ads selling holidays to these places ?

Spin
    Free Member

To the best of my knowledge, Paul Tattersall is the only person to have done all the Munros with a bike. The main reason for that being that for the vast majority of them the bike is a complete waste of time in terms of actual quality riding. But hey, if you want to carry a bike up and down hills why not?

Drac

24 hours? You must have stopped a lot.

Loads of selfies.

aracer
    Free Member

Drac wrote:

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>Loads of selfies.</span>

TTIWWP

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve just done the one – Mount Keen – although have biked into a couple more.

I’ve done 50 odds altogether and kind of struggle to see the point of taking a bike to the top of a lot of them, as it’d just be a case of carrying the bike most of the time. A few would have been bikeable to near the top though.

chickenman

Plus of course Tat did them all back in the 1980’s when bikes were not quite as capable as they are now. He’s still a fit guy; there’s a video of him running the Cuillin Ridge out and back in very few hours.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

It’s been 3 hours since the OP and no one has called for the poster to be killed with hammers for the inappropriate use of an apostrophe; this place is going to the dogs!

poah
    Free Member

Done one so far and that was Ben Vorlich. Will be doing more on an e-bike this year

chickenman

I’m looking forward to hearing of the pleasures of shouldering a 50lb e-bike. Can I recommend the  Carn a Mhaim/Macduibh route in this regard? Smiley face…

poah
    Free Member

walking up a hill with a 32lb bike for 2.5 hours isn’t pleasurable either.

IHN

I’ve done them all on a tandem, solo, endo-ing all the way.

paul4stones

I’ve done them all about 1.5 times. Don’t think I’ve had a bike up any of them to the top. Closest was Mt Keen followed by an epic (yeah, right) drag across 3 miles of upland bog. The descent was worth it though. (1994?)

whitestone
    Free Member

I’ve done about sixty Munros but not been to the top of any with/on a bike. Last summer I used the bike to get in to some of the more remote ones (Seana Braigh, etc) which given that’s what I actually bought the bike for three years earlier is a surprise.

I think a few will have been to the top of Ben Macdui and Carn Ban and there’s a few where estate tracks go quite close to summits. Ibrahim Park did the Cairngorm 4000ers on a fat bike – a fat bike is probably the best thing for the Cairngorm plateau.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Today’s poll…Munro’s’ is closed to new replies.