Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Todays fun with a Ned.
  • Smee
    Free Member

Driving through Anniesland in Glasgow this afternoon, some wee Ned hits the car windscreen with a stone, leaving a nice chip in it. I decide that I need to stretch my legs, so stop the car and give chase. Your normal person would maybe chase them for 50m or so, but i’d been having a bad day and needed the exercise. Wee **** looks round thinking i’ll have given up and sees that i’m only about 10 yards away and still running, 100 yards along the road i’m still chasing, 800 yards along the road still there, mile along the road still there – just keeping the same gap between us – didn’t want to catch him incase i got stabbed. I decided he’d had enough after about a mile and a half. Poor we **** was shitting himself.

Felt much better after that.

One of my colleagues that was passinggave me a lift back to my car too. 😀

Not a troll BTW. Just something I thought I’d share.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nice

caledonia
    Free Member

Should have clipped his heels, made him skin his knee + chin and then had the satisfaction of watching him scamper back of to mammy !
    I’ve done the same thing in the past but couldn’t tell which of 5 to give chase to.
    Scared the crap out of them tho !

grizzlygus
    Free Member

didn’t want to catch him incase i got stabbed……………. Poor we **** was shitting himself.

Well if he’d had a knife, presumably he wasn’t shitting himself as much as you would have done had you caught up. No ?

Smee
    Free Member

I should add that I could have easily caught him at any point. 😀

bruneep

Smee – Member

I should add that I could have easily caught him at any point.

Fur Shure you could

Smee
    Free Member

I’m a far better runner than I am a cyclist.

Gary_C

Should’ve caught & decked the bastard before he had chance to pull out his knife he may or may not have had.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Out of interest which way did he run? Towards knightswood, shafton, crow road, etc?

nickc

So, do we think this happened in the real world, or in Smee’s imaginary world?

Smee
    Free Member

from knightswood end of anniesland up past the driving test centre, then past jordanhill school to crow road area.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Probably wasn’t a proper ned then, he was running the wrong way 😉

Smee
    Free Member

That would have been a long run to Drumchapel…

allyharp

What happened in the end then? Did you just stop and he carried on?

devs
    Free Member

You’re far more restrained than me. I picked one up by the ankles, swore a lot at him then dropped him on his head. I spend the next week bricking myself in case the bobbies came round.

GrahamS

Anniesland: 66.6% chance he was carrying a knife 😉

downshep

Good technique. Always best to run after a ned as if playing a trout, don’t bring to the net too soon. Let them tire and then swiftly dispatch them, ’tis the kindest way.

ski
    Free Member

Was your car still in one piece when you got back to it?

Neds are normally 40 yard sprinters, you must have got a posh one 😉

stevomcd
    Free Member

Sounds like you ran right past our old flat! That used to be my old running route – down Anniesland road, along Southbrae Drive to Crow Road, up to the cross, back down Anniesland Road. Repeat as necessary!

gonefishin
    Free Member

“Anniesland: 66.6% chance he was carrying a knife “

But surely he was either carrying a knife or wasn’t so it’s 50:50 😉

epicyclo

Glasgow – 90% chance Smee was carrying a knife too.

matt_outandabout

Glasgow – minimal chance of your car being where you left it… 😉

Nice one Smee – I have done similar in Sheffield – a couple of neighbors and I regularly set off after the kids who throw stuff / hassle people etc round here. Even the police have noticed that our road/the one opposite dont have any chav problems unlike the rest of the area…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Todays fun with a Ned.’ is closed to new replies.