Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Today's eBay bargain
  • bearnecessities
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

ROCK SOLID INVESTMENT BIKE

😀

rivingtonbike
    Free Member

“If you want the Rolex of mountain bikes…this is it!”
    Really?

GregMay
    Free Member

trail_rat
    Free Member

hahahahahahha there was someone trying to flog that frame on the uk golden oldies facebook group last night for 50 quid.

it wasnt worth 50 quid when it was new. its a bargain basement frame from a 299 pound bike in 2001.

I had one for a singlespeed for a long time – it was pish.

allthepies
    Free Member

lolz!

“Local bike shop offered me £400 cash when I told them about it.”

I’d bite their arm off 😉

hexhamstu
    Free Member

A mate just did a 60 mile stag-do ride on his dads one of these!

z1ppy

“Local bike shop offered me £400 cash when I told them about it. Just wanted to offer it out to the wider world.”… hahahahaHAHAHAHA! :mrgreen:

[EDIT: Far too slow]

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

26″ is dead.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Wow. I have nothing against exuberance when trying to sell something but surely this veers into downright lies. Investment opportunity? FFS.

the-muffin-man

edit – bin done!

tomhoward

Local bike shop offered me £400 cash when I told them about it. Just wanted to offer it out to the wider world.

No they didn’t.

If you want the Rolex of mountain bikes this is it.

No it isn’t

It’s an investment that will only grow in value, but you can use it every day.

Only the latter half of this statement is true

These bikes are very highly sought after and command big money these days.

No they aren’t and no they don’t

26 is dead

So is Colin McRae.

Might ask him what guarantees of ‘massive profit’ and ‘big money’ he’ll offer me…

duckman

“Marvel at how the company who gave us the Explosif had gone to shite in just a decade.”

Gasp in wonder at the fact there is just 10 years between this and the Honzo and Process.”

munrobiker
    Free Member

In fairness, while to us it looks like a pretty crap bike to a rally fan who has a model of an Impreza WRX in the garage and Focus WRC model on the mantlepiece and various bits of McRae paraphernalia and so on £500 wouldn’t sound too bad.

Don’t look at it as a bike but as a souvenir or collectable.

rivingtonbike
    Free Member

“Standard Large framed bike, would suit people from 5ft8in to 6ft2in”
    Wow, they were flexible frames in those days – suiting anyone with a 6 inch height difference 😀
    What a bullsh**ing barsteward – he’s probably a car dealer in real life. 🙄

tomhoward

In fairness, while to us it looks like a pretty crap bike to a rally fan who has a model of an Impreza WRX in the garage and Focus WRC model on the mantlepiece and various bits of McRae paraphernalia and so on £500 wouldn’t sound too bad.
    Don’t look at it as a bike but as a souvenir or collectable

Nah, not buying that, it was a mass produced product, sold in halfords, made from cheap parts. Laddo is comparing it to a Rolex, pitching it as an investment opportunity. At best it’s ‘salesmanship’, but I reckon it’s closer to being a dishonest con.

Rally fans? That bikes got as much to do with CMR as one of my bikes with me having written his name on it.

epicyclo
    allthepies
    Free Member

Hmmm, lots of these bikes hidden away in barns it would seem 🙂

fd3chris
    Free Member

Best place to leave them too.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Today's eBay bargain’ is closed to new replies.