Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Today’s been a shitty day
  • darksideby182

MrOvershoot

tjagain

I’m struggling today. Can get myself to do anything, anxiety ( which is not usually a thing for me) is sitting there just waiting to attack. I can feel it behind me

I’ll make a counselling apt next week

Nowt as bad as many but its really got to me today.

“Onward forward don’t step backward” is a good mantra,

There are a few of us on here that have lost partners and shit life is hard afterwards, but I think our partners wouldn’t want us to just stop. I can only speak for myself but Carolyn always saw the positive in life no matter what a crap hand she had been dealt, so yes I have days when I just cry like a baby at the slightest thing but I always pick myself up and be thankful for the small things.

tjagain

“Onward forward don’t step backward step outta Babylon” is part of the second chorus the first being “one step forward two steps backwards down ina babylon”

Ta for the thoughts

My manta is generally
    “one day at a time, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other and I will get somewhere”

But that song helps.

twistedpencil

Unless you want a 16 page debate about how it doesn’t really matter what we do because ultimately the Sun* is going to expand and all the engineering, art, philosophy, thoughts, and literally any trace we were even here will be erased as if we never even existed

Not in my lifetime it won’t 😀

Joking aside.  This on repeat…

davros

roger_mellie

Short but sweet.

pandhandj
    Free Member

I still think this might be the best thing I’ve ever seen on the internet…

https://images.app.goo.gl/uFYjb7fTvsGy7B7y6

pandhandj
    Free Member

Or perhaps, the best house track of the 90’s?

thols2

Have a haircut and all your woes will be gone.

BruceWee

Reduced my drinking massively since I started this thread (it’s not a good thing or a bad thing, just the way it is) but tonight I’m the best part of the way through a bottle of wine and thoroughly enjoying my favourite Ukrainian with the best damned multinational gypsy punk band ever:

piemonster

Does anyone have any Turkeys laughing at reporters?

I feel this may be a good replacement for dancing Zebras.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Great band
    Bad day.
    But I’ve had worse.

molgrips
    Free Member

@BruceWee mate, you’re alright.

BruceWee

@molgrips you’re not so bad yourself.

desperatebicycle

With you BruceWee. I had such a shitty time earlier I punched myself in the head. And it still **** hurts.
    Few glasses of wine have done the trick. It’s a shame cos after I saw Fly Anakin the other day, I felt so damn good.
    Anyway, shut up. From the album Dear God I Hate Myself. Get to know the words to this and sing it loud 😀

scotroutes

Yesterday was an absolutely fantastic bloody day!

Mrs S got confirmation that the chemo and surgery has been successful and she no longer has cancer. With all the shit going on, that is a major lift.

Jeez, she is even fating rainbows now

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Mrs S got confirmation that the chemo and surgery has been successful and she no longer has cancer.

congratulations – that’s good news at any time!

blokeuptheroad

I’ve been in a shitty place too.  However, for a couple of hours today, I put my phone down and took my neglected motorbike for a ride. The sun shone, I went for a coffee, people smiled and chatted.  Daft little things, but it’s given me a lift. I am now imbibing a few cans of Vocation. Have a good weekend BruceWee and all STWers.

matt_outandabout

Good news @scotroutes.

BruceWee

Really glad to hear that @scotroutes. Have some Hardstyle remixed 90s dance music to celebrate 🙂

blokeuptheroad

Wow @scotroutes that is awesome!

CountZero

So is there a youtube video you use to cheer yourself up or…

No.

I’d actually forgotten this thread, so it deserves a response. I don’t watch YouTube videos very often, I’ve got 40,000-odd music tracks on my phone, I prefer to put earphones in and lie in the dark, or low light, and just listen, but even that only helps a bit. What has helped is time – just learning to cope with the lost of my sweet and lovely partner, who really suffered from depression herself, and used alcohol to try to deal with it.
    Unsuccessfully; it just made her even more depressed, and deeply unhappy, which in turn did the same to me, her mum, and her two daughters.
    Her most often used phrase, when really down, was “I just don’t want to be any more”. Now, she is no longer suffering, but I’m suffering from the loss of someone who suddenly came back into my life after twenty years, and made an enormous difference to my life, and is no longer here.

I’ve managed to write this without dissolving into a sobbing mess, so time has made a difference, I couldn’t have done that four months ago.

And I don’t need alcohol to help, either.

BillMC

My bikes having been in storage since May and having finally moved in December I’m now getting back into that vibe of happy exhaustion and humorous aching from a ride. Beer, loud music and everything else is good but nothing can deliver like a blast on the bike. Always force yourself to do it, whatever the weather, the ultimate psychotherapy.

molgrips
    Free Member

@molgrips you’re not so bad yourself.

Yay!

I have no music vids for you though. Currently listening to hypnotic and melodic playlist of electronic stuff on Amazon Music. I’ve never listened to anything electronic by choice before.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yesterday was an absolutely fantastic bloody day!

Mrs S got confirmation that the chemo and surgery has been successful and she no longer has cancer. With all the shit going on, that is a major lift.

Jeez, she is even fating rainbows now

Omg that’s amazing! Thanks for posting some good news, that really cheered me up 👍

frankconway

scotroutes – that’s really great news!
    All the best to both of you but mainly to Mrs routes.

tjagain

Count zero.  What can i say – this too will pass or so they tell me!

Yesterday I planted two fruit trees with some of Julies ashes as a bit of fertiliser!  Carbon cycle and all that.  Beware poisoned apples

I think that counts as a good day

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Today’s been a shitty day’ is closed to new replies.