Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Today’s been a shitty day
  • BruceWee

I’ve had a shitty day personally. Maybe it’s only the threads I’ve had a look at but it feels like today’s been a shitty day on the forum as well.

I’m currently torn between doing harm to others who I feel deserve it and doing harm to myself so, as has been my solution more and more recently, I’m getting drunk and watching music videos because that seems to be the only thing that works. Before anyone says anything, I’m getting help. The problem is that I’m very good of convincing psychologists of my nihilistic way of thinking which is obviously causing issues with long term treatment.

Anyway, at some point I always turn to this video which, for some reason, helps me greatly:

If anyone else is having a shitty day what is your go to music video, song, youtube clip, or whatever helps you get through the day?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Try lady day and John Coltrane by Gill Scott Heron.Might even get you dancing!

csb

The clip on the gif thread of turkeys laughing at a news reporter is still making me chuckle.

shermer75
    Free Member

For some reason it’s this one:

csb

Edit. Failing massively to link to the funny turkey clip.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Shout by Tears for fears.They were into a bit of primal scream therapy!

csb

zippykona

How about doing a good turn for someone who needs it?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I know how your feeling Bruce but alcohol isn’t the answer . You’ll only get more depressed/angry.Still I suppose temporary relief is sometimes required.

BruceWee

How about doing a good turn for someone who needs it?

Doing good turns for others who need it (and even those who don’t) is what life is all about.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t always keep the demons (and the pricks) at bay.

BruceWee

I know how your feeling Bruce but alcohol isn’t the answer .

I’ve been at this for long enough to know that sometimes the answer is yes, it absolutely is.

CountZero

This week has been pretty crap, Tuesday was the day, seven months ago, that my girlfriend was rushed to hospital, and today, the 21, was the day they turned her life support machine off. My birthday which is on the 21, will now always be an unhappy day.

BruceWee

This week has been pretty crap, Tuesday was the day, seven months ago, that my girlfriend was rushed to hospital, and today, the 21, was the day they turned her life support machine off. My birthday which is on the 21, will now always be an unhappy day.

So is there a youtube video you use to cheer yourself up or…

Sorry.

Anyway, this feels appropriate even if there is literally nothing that can make your situation any easier:

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

If you’ve been like this for a long time and used alcohol to drown your sorrows then alcohol can’t be the solution.

pandhandj
    Free Member

Sent you a DM Bruce.

BruceWee

If you’ve been like this for a long time and used alcohol to drown your sorrows then alcohol can’t be the solution.

Unless you want a 16 page debate about how it doesn’t really matter what we do because ultimately the Sun* is going to expand and all the engineering, art, philosophy, thoughts, and literally any trace we were even here will be erased as if we never even existed, can you not just post a youtube video and leave a grown man to his coping mechanisms?

*As in the star, the Sun, not the newspaper. Although the paper will probably achieve the same effect before the star does.

pandhandj
    Free Member

This works for me.

BruceWee

Sent you a DM Bruce.

I was going to say don’t bother but then I read it and it was great. Thanks for that 🙂

Edit: Also, awesome video as well.

This guy gets it!

pandhandj
    Free Member

Just the truth mate. No answer required.

ready

The video to this makes me smile 😃

Hope you feel better soon!

BruceWee

The video to this makes me smile 😃

Me too 🙂

Hope you feel better soon!

I won’t but thanks anyway!

pandhandj
    Free Member

binners

Chin up fella! I know that’s easy to say

I’ve had a bloody awful week. Sat here gone midnight with a glass of red in front of me. People in hospital I really rather weren’t in hospital. Hey ho.

My default perk myself up tune. You can’t not love this. It’s a little piece of wonderfulness…

BruceWee

Chin up fella!

I always lead with my chin. Out of beer so I’m off to bed:

cloudnine
    Free Member

PiknMix
    Free Member

what is your go to music video, song, youtube clip

Bat for lashes – Laura.

Today will be a better day 🙂

boriselbrus
    Free Member

So sad to hear things are not good for you at the moment. I thought yesterday you had a brilliant day – your defence of me on “that” thread was amazing. You got it perfectly and continued to get it despite the idiots.

We need more people like you. Thank you. If I can help at all just shout.

scaredypants

I read “that” thread last night – beyond any point (or possibility) in adding to it

Agree with boriselbrus: you did just fine in the face of some “remarkable” comments

leffeboy

Ah yes, Tues even was my beer and music videos evening.  Doesn’t fix anything but a good place to be for a while and convinces you are there are some great things around.  This one always makes me smile a lot

kirky72
    Free Member

Hang on for the chorus.

pondo

Beer, podcasts (not really bothered what, just voices – I ain’t even listening) and chopping up bad guys in Ghost Of Tsushima.

mogrim

Yesterday was my birthday, and it wasn’t a particularly shitty day. But when I do have a shitty day these are great:

voodoo-rich

My go-to happy tune… look after yourselves people

doris5000

this is my mental health cure-all. Turn it up and swim around in it.

It doesn’t really cure everything, but i do always feel slightly better at the end x

IHN

A-ha, it’s my ‘that’ thread buddy. I thought you were great.

in answer to your question:

anagallis_arvensis

You need some John Prine in your life, listen to Bill, he knows.

MrOvershoot

Yesterday was 2 years to the day of my wife’s funeral, you gave me great support leading up to it.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/im-in-need-of-some-support-from-you-lot-sad-content-im-afraid/

Here’s 2 that get me up and moving

Stevet1
    Free Member

kayla1
    Free Member

Sorry to hear you’re feeling a bit shit, I resort to 90s video games and a bit of Beasties-

While alcohol is nice in moderation I err towards my OH’s herbal biscuits now 😎

tjagain

I’m struggling today. Can get myself to do anything, anxiety ( which is not usually a thing for me) is sitting there just waiting to attack. I can feel it behind me

I’ll make a counseling apt next week

Nowt as bad as many but its really got to me today.

Onward forward don’t step backward step outta babylon

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Today’s been a shitty day’ is closed to new replies.