Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Today it all clicked
  • riley
    Free Member

So I’ve had a decent all mountain bike for two years, but sadly after shelling out $3k on a bike, I barely did any MTBing and just used it for commuting.

I’ve finally been doing some real MTBing the last month or two, mostly easy stuff and have been struggling to progress, feeling like I was going way to slow and was never going to get the hang of it.

Today I went to a new track went round a couple times and it was pretty good, also the first real jumps I’ve been on, even if only about a foot or so high. I then for some reason decided I’d try drop my seat a bit and bam, all of a sudden it just worked. I could take everything faster, fly around corners without heavy braking, and even managed to go over the fore-mention jumping without feeling like I was going to go over the handle bars.

Seems pretty silly I didn’t try this earlier, I also see why everyone is raging about dropper posts.

dantsw13

Welcome to our world!!! Its all about balance and flow – keeping the bike nice and fluid underneath you.

wwaswas

I thought this was going to be another ‘singlespeeders knees’ thread 😉

I’ve got one bike without a dropper post now and it does seem to limit my confidence, if not what I actually ride compared with the other bikes I have with droppers.

dantsw13

I’ve basically ended up with a Reverb on my main bike, and Cheapy Ice V8’s on the others.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Today it all clicked’ is closed to new replies.