Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • Today is a good day because…
  • lunge

There’s a lot of negativity out there today, but we should always look towards the light.

So, what’s good about today? I’ll start:
    I have a wonderful bottle of 2007 Colheita Port to open tonight with great friends.
    I’m in charge at parkrun tomorrow and have got a full roster of wonderful volunteers.
    My wife, for the first time in about 8 years, is loving her job and her depression seems to be subsiding.

andy5390

If you have a foreign Xmas trip planned, the exchange rate has improved

mrwhyte
    Free Member

My dark beer and black treacle bacon is ready and I have a sough dough loaf in the oven.

Kegging my first all grain brew today.

Getting my fly fishing kit ready for a meet up tomorrow on the local canal, plus a pub lunch. Never met any of the guys I am fishing with, so be great meeting new people with a common interest. Fishing.

dropoff

Its actually not raining here and were off to Porlock to ride.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s Friday. I’m getting over this awful cold, my new frame is due to arrive and for the first time in ages I’ve a weekend with minimal commitments.

thepurist

I’m having a steak pie tonight.

Houns

The local has Purple Moose Elderflower ale on

bikebouy
    Free Member

The birds are still singing in my trees.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Even if you pooled the UKIP vote it probably wouldn’t have won a constituency.

Farage’s vanity project got less than 2% of the popular vote.

ahsat

Finally feel my Arrymthia might be calming down. Time to get back into some work, and at the weekend find out how cycling on beta blockers go (34 year old female, with good BP and 60 resting HR). This feels like a turning point after a pretty rubbish last 2 weeks.

slackboy

* My new bike is arriving
    * Its the anniversary of my mothers death and we are going to Eskdale to visit the footbridge we sponsored in her memory.
    * I’ve got haggis for supper

richmtb

I’m going to see Santa this afternoon with my 5 year old girl

DezB
    Free Member

I just got a ticket to see Girl Band next year. Superb.
    And the sun is shining and I rode against the wind into work and made it (just).
    And Beck’s new album is better than I remembered.

breninbeener

@ahsat…have PM you.

Take care on your first outing. Have you run this past your GP/cardiologist?

Ian

Drac

It’s our work Xmas booze up.

singlespeedstu

The local has Purple Moose Elderflower ale on

Robin Hood?
    Was in there last night.

I’m taking a trip to see some mates that I’ve not seen for ages tomorrow.
    There will be beer and curry. 😁

w00dster

Today is the last day at work for me in 2019. But downside is no job lined up for 2020 yet! But the positives, kids are at school next week so I have a week to ride without having to do family duties!

keefmac

Im off to Edinburgh with the wife for a night out followed by xmas markets tomorrow.

darthpunk
    Free Member

I’m going to work from home today as there’s nobody here because they all took the day off to watch the election last night
    I’ll get a wee cake for my daughter on the way home
    I can go for a cycle over lunchtime
    I’ve nearly hit my weight goal of losing 4 stone
    I’m listening to Aphex Twin

Houns

Yup, Robin Hood (was in there for a cob late afternoon yesterday)

swavis

It’s our work xmas meal/booze up today it’s all on them, and we’re heading next door to here…
    http://www.whiskyinn.com/whisky.html
    I think I’ll have a large dram of something strong 🙂

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I can now stop wasting precious mental energy on that thing Boris is going to get done for the good of the whole country.

sargey

We are doing our annual Christmas bike ride tomorrow. 15 Santa’s leaving Stourbridge at about 9 am in the morning passing through kinver over the Severn at arley then into the wyre forest for a play then food and beer in Bewdley.
    So if anyone is on the Severn Valley railway you might see a bunch of muddy santas wobbling past the station at arley.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Partying with my local tri club this evening
    My family and I are healthy and doing well
    I have two lovely bikes I thoroughly enjoy riding
    We have some nice holidays booked in 2020
    Two full weeks off at Christmas

Houns

I’m at work tomorrow so will keep a look out for you all Sargey

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Out on the bike at Innerleithen.
    Having a pizza out of the uuni oven when I get back
    Out to see an Iron Maiden tribute band with my pals after all that

ThePinkster

Today is Friday, which is reason enough for it to be a good day but I’m going to have a chip & cheese bap for lunch, because I can. Which makes it even better 🙂

And tomorrow I will finish off my shopping for Mrs.P’s birthday present so I can then spend the rest of the time between now & Christmas/her birthday in a warm state of contentment.

anono

At last, we’re going to get blue passports.

johndoh
    Free Member

My brother-in-law and his family have just arrived from Australia, it’s their daughter’s 10th birthday today, my girls (also 10 and they all adore each other) are besides themselves with happiness so have baked and decorated a huge Unicorn Birthday Cake for her. And we are all going to the Panto together tomorrow.

Therefore I have declared Christmas officially open at our house so I have opened a bottle of Limoncello that I purchased in Milan last week.

Let’s all forget politics until the new year.

kayla1
    Free Member

Despite my crushing disappointment and disillusionment, it’s a lovely day here and the £ to $ exchange is slightly better now; I needed a front caliper for my motorbike and found one in the US for £30 inc. postage and customs duty- winner! And it’s dahl for tea tonight- silver lining and all that, what 😁

Mister-P
    Free Member

The headwind forecast for this morning’s commute didn’t materialise and I had a rather pleasant 28 miles on the bike in great conditions for the time of year. It tipped me over 4600 so only 400 miles to go to hit my target of 5000 for the year.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Many, many reasons.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Because still alive
    Because sky=blue
    Because this week managed to sell some bits and pieces and then got a deal on some replacement front tyres for the car
    Because this means can now make plans to collect unicycle from Lungeton and deliver to Gnusmasville

myti
    Free Member

My vote counted and Caroline Lucas increased her majority in my ward.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The Ex Pants, no wait, The Expanse!

Kryton57

Many, many paperclips.

Fixed that for you CFH 😉

By the way – the Seiko SNDF57 you recommended to me – the battery finally ran out, that was nearly 7 years ago!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fixed that for you CFH 😉

By the way – the Seiko SNDF57 you recommended to me – the battery finally ran out, that was nearly 7 years ago!

🤣

By way of coincidence, mine also ran out last week! Same sort of age. Battery only meant to last three years as well.

mogrim

If you have a foreign Xmas trip planned, the exchange rate has improved

Yeah, I’m visiting the UK next week 🙄

Anyway, it’s Friday, I’ve got a swim class this afternoon and I’ll be finally meeting my new(ish) nephew when I’m in the UK.

ton

this weekend is gonna be a full on beer weekend. and is including a bike ride around Hebbers.

onewheelgood

I’m significantly richer than I was yesterday.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Today is a good day because…’ is closed to new replies.