Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Today I have achieved cycle maintenance nirvana. (Yes, I know it won't last!)
  • GasmanJim
    Free Member

My new winter bike has been troubled by an annoying clicking sound when out of the saddle and pedalling hard. After many hours spent swapping out the BB and pedals, retightening everything from the cranks to the headset to the skewers, it turned out to be the rear brake cable outer creaking against the zip ties / cable guides! A quick squirt of GT85 and it’s beautifully silent.

The really amazing thing is that ALL 10 bikes in the garage are working perfectly and silently at the moment. I know it won’t last but I’m just enjoying experiencing mechanical nirvana for once. (Yes, yes, I know I need to get a life!)

flip
    Free Member

Well done i had to squirt WD40 at a spoke nipple the other day for the same reason 😉

dawson

it won’t last long… 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    daznal
    Free Member

Same here just traced the annoying creak to my thompson seatpost so every ride,lube chain front and rear mech seatpost clamp,enjoy the quiet.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Only last week I sorted a clunk that had plagued my enduro for months. 2 frame bearings were less than a mm out, but gave enough play to make the rear triangle clink and rattle. Much better now.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

I had an annoying faint clicking on my commuter for a few days, checked pedals, BB, gear indexing, seatpost turned out to be the end of my lace hitting the crank arm 🙄

scaredypants

I knocked the thick of the mud off one of mine at the weekend 8)

kayak23

Me mum took the car to the garage when we we were young because it clunked going round corners. Turned out to be a golf ball in the back…..

iridebikes
    Free Member

i have so many things to do to my bikes, (sort out a chain device, rear shock needs sorting on the dh bike, brakes need bleeding, and a wheel to be built) and tons of time to do it. I just don’t have anywhere TO do it. damn

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Today I have achieved cycle maintenance nirvana. (Yes, I know it won't last!)’ is closed to new replies.