Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ToB Stage 3 Jeburgh to Dumfries – who's going
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Planning on heading over tomorrow, initial plan was to park up in Hawick and ride up the first cat 1 climb however it doesn’t look very impressive on google street view.

Looking for somewhere where we can park ride for an hour then watch them pass on a climb then head back to car.

Any locals know the route and can advise which of the 3 climbs will be best.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I will be cheering them on, will have to go straight back to work unfortunatly

Lols

carbon337
    Free Member

nobody else – i thought there were loads of STWers in the Borders.

hels
    Free Member

I got invited to the VIP hospitality area at the start, I hear Brad wants his picture taken with me. Downside – not sure how will make it out of Hawick to see anybody riding bikes.

geoffj

Any local knowledge? Considering heading down with the kids to see it.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

carbon337 – Member
    nobody else – i thought there were loads of STWers in the Borders.

Probably be more folk from Dumfries and Galloway watching than the Borders.

hels
    Free Member

If I wasn’t busy schmoozing I would probably head along to St Mary’s Loch, get lunch in the roadside cafe there and sit outside. The stretch from Hawick to Gordon Arms probably the hilliest, but these are proper small roads so I am not sure where you would get parked. It’s downhill to Moffat and then flat blast in to Dumfries.

geoffj

Off to Dumfries to watch it. Any recos for parking and viewing would be good – Trekster?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ToB Stage 3 Jeburgh to Dumfries – who's going’ is closed to new replies.