To what music are your colleagues subjecting you today?

Home Forum Chat Forum To what music are your colleagues subjecting you today?

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • To what music are your colleagues subjecting you today?
  • rewski

I’ve just been subjected to this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unRldLdllZ8[/video]

fasthaggis

Why not dress up in some glam gear and dance around,they will soon get the message. 🙂

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

If you’re wise/lucky enough never to have to listen to endure the horror that is commercial radio, then when you’re inadvertently forced too, it can come as something of a shock.

I remember working at a place where they listenined to Capital FM. The amazing thing about the whole miserable experience was the incredible realisation that Radio 1’s playlist, and incredibly annoying DJ’s is nowhere near as bad as it can get! There are far deeper depths to be be plumbed 😯

Mister P

My colleague has some randon album of music from films. It’s pretty good actually, lots of Star Wars, Indiana Jones and quite randomly the theme from Predator.

franki

Free, Smooth, Heart FM – I feel like suicide after a few days of that garbage at work. It’s not bad enough that I hate 90% of the songs they play, but they have playlists of I’m sure, no more than half a dozen tracks that are on over and over again.
    Luckily at the moment we are going through a Radio 2 stage. I still don’t like a lot of the music, but at least it’s not the same song every 5 mins!

fasthaggis

Luckily at the moment we are going through a Radio 2 stage.

I would rather push a hat pin through my eye ,than endure Jeremy Slime.

franki

I can’t generally hear any of the talking from my office, so that kind of thing passes over me. 😉

lemonysam

Currently listening to TMS but had this album setting the mood earlier.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_MUOIVNsfw[/video]

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

*Phones my mate “Tony the Paint” and recommends he turns the volume up next time the Bee Gees come on*

Premier Icon oldagedpredator
    Subscriber

JTW at the mo so I’m forcing myself to listen to 6music 😀

trail_rat

tony the paint ….. is he a mobster ?

im being sujected to silence interspersed with my colleague singing some crap – hes been working in nigeria too long on his own i think.

Left my headphones in my shirt pocket whioch i stuck in the wash so thats them bolloxed

Premier Icon richmars
    Subscriber

If anyone turns on music, I just ask them to turn it off. Usually works.

jamiea

6 music here as always- on me tod.

Cheers,
    Jamie

trail_rat

any music in my base office back home is better than listening to “sniff sniff sniff” of my colleague who refuses to take antihistimines for his hayfever.

😆

No joke, Tragedy came on a few seconds ago as I refreshed the thread.

jamiea

The new Camera Obscura tune – bloody brilliant!

Cheers,
    Jamie

I committed the schoolboy error of not getting my radio switched on first this morning. A bunch of decorators are here listening to Smooth 70s on their shitty digital radio. 😡

Well, they’re from Malvern so no great surprise really. 🙂

It’s shocking stuff!!

toxicsoks

John Murry, The Graceless Age album. So far, 3 have burst into tears and we’ve had to stop one girl from slashing her wrists…..possibly. 😉

xiphon

Fortunately anyone here who listens to music does so on headphones.

I’m subjecting my own ears to a goa psy-trance mix on YouTube. Strangely addictive…

schrickvr6

I don’t have colleagues so I’m listening to the new Gold Panda album.

bernard

Someone called Sarah jarosz…..bluegrass

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Smooth Radio – “The station everyone can agree on”

Are you saying they’ve been fibbing in their jingle darcy?

I **** am! 😡

CountZero

The girls in the other room are listening to Heart FM. I’m subjecting myself to 6Music on my own DAB radio in my room. gentle run down to home-time, and beer o’clock tonight. 😀

Premier Icon kcal
    Subscriber

Self-employed, so I can play what I like!
    Working in the garden shed. Radio 3.

I just found myself singing along to Rainbow. 😳

vooomvooom

+1 for Camera Obscura

also have been listening to Human Don’t Be Angry, a new discovery to me…

cheekyboy

I`m in the Taliban we hate music !

Did anyone actully watch the vid in the second post? Unbeleivable that someone would make that and then post it up.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

During a slightly traumatic relocation/downshifting period, I went from being a suited & booted Tory-Boy manager in the union free private sector to working at the local Royal mail sorting office as a Xmas temp.

There was a set rota in the sorting office so that the radio station was switched every hour or so to keep everyone happy some of the time.

There was an impromptu walkout by the union when the radio station got changed 10 minutes before it was due. I just stood there for a while thinking that I was stuck in some sort of sitcom. Mind you, this was at the very beginning of the 21st century, it may have changed now 😕

Premier Icon youngrob
    Subscriber

I work at home, so I’m subjecting myself to this (again).

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Smooth FM is usually played in Neonatal units, so I’ve been subjected to it quite extensively due to having two premature babies.

I started off very anti, but over time realised that the playlist is actually a brilliant mix of classic and modern pop, and everything they play has a good melody.

None of the A&R-driven pap you’d hear on Radio 2, no ingratiating chat, the only annoyance is the PPI adverts.

Now where’re my tartan slippers?

🙂

But chakaping, this was specifically Smooth 70s.

To be fair, they played James Taylor so I’ll forgive them a little for that.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

That just sounds even better tbh.

😉

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘To what music are your colleagues subjecting you today?’ is closed to new replies.