Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • To the family who think its OK to use a cafe as a creche at Antur
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Thanks.
    Thanks for allowing your kids to ruin my lunch at the cafe in Antur Stiniog today by allowing them to scream and shout and scream and run about using tables as launch platforms for their toy cars whilst the older ones played “guess who” with the majority of chairs from other tables.

I’m still struggling to see how any parent could let it happen really.

Selfish t***s

paladin

If you’d mentioned to them at the time, it wouldve saved you having to post here, and risking the possibility of the message not getting through to them…

IdleJon

No point thanking me, I was shouting at my kids in Tesco.

ajantom

So you didn’t say anything to their faces, but came on the internet to moan?

Think I spotted where you went wrong there.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I glared at the mother and did say shut up to the kids, mother did ask the screamer to use his inside voice, (inside voice FFS?)

plus-one

Nice try 😀

Shandy
    Free Member

I’m surprised to hear that a fine-dining venue like the Antur Stiniog Cafe permits this kind of behaviour.

drlex
    Free Member

How much for the little girl?

oldtalent
    Free Member

Sounds like typical irrisponsible parents these days. You would have been allowed to beat their brats a few years back. I miss the old days.

martinhutch

Just for oldtalent

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUGeA2lur4[/video]

shifter
    Free Member

You could have tried upstairs for some peace and quiet.

wilburt
    Free Member

Kidz rule its a 21st century thing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Worst rant of the week.

Also, it’s ‘crèche’.

giantalkali
    Free Member

I’ve creched at Antur, is that the same?

duncancallum

surely cliché?

anyway, as rants go pretty poor. However I am on board with the sentiment, though I am regarded as right sour bastard.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

U ok Hun?

milky1980
    Free Member

Sounds like typical irresponsible parents these days.

Kidz rule its a 21st century thing.

Sadly these are the norm now. I once made the mistake of asking some parents to kindly keep their yelling, screaming, hyperactive kids away from me and a friend in a cafe a few years ago after we had been nearly knocked off our chairs by one of them and other customers in there were doing that ‘look and tut but do nothing’ thing us Brits do so well. I got yelled at by one of them for daring to even remotely question their parental skills so badly that I now just move away from them now. I’m not great with kids anyway, dealing with family’s and friend’s kids I can do for an hour tops. When it’s some random I don’t know my tolerance level is much lower. I wouldn’t kill one or even yell at it, ever. A stealth trip might happen as it runs past my table might be an unintended consequence….

* it can be parent or kid 😈

Drac

Sounds like typical irrisponsible parents these days. You would have been allowed to beat their brats a few years back. I miss the old days.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, and café, obviously.

joemmo
    Free Member

no, it’s not the norm, you’re just not noticing the well behaved kids.

Blackflag
    Free Member

You can of course tell the kids off directly.

firestarter
    Free Member

IdleJon

no, it’s not the norm, you’re just not noticing the well behaved kids.

Exactly. I saw loads more badly behaved adults than badly behaved kids today. It’s a bit more difficult telling them off.

theotherjonv

Isn’t a crèche where you drop your kids off and then go and do something different?

So not being used as a crèche either.

(agree with the annoying kids though)

stumpy01

Similar thing happened to my Wife and friends at the calmababy swimming place they take the toddlers to.
    Some kids who were too old to be using the toddlers play area were getting progressively more boisterous and after a while sent a couple of the toddlers flying.

The parents were ignoring their kids because it allows them to sit and have a gossip in peace.

One of the mum’s told the kids they needed to calm down because they were knocking the smaller children over.
    Cue tears and running to Mummy, only for the parents to get all shirty and start saying stuff like you have no right to tell our children off, you’ve made so-and-so cry etc.

There’s a sign up that says kids under a certain age only and that parents must supervise their children….but this particular group of parents ignore it because it means they can have an hour’s peace.

Drac

Is there one up saying no heavy petting too?

project
    Free Member

Obviously the parents didnt bring the “naughty chair” or the “naughty step with them, and that imortal phrase, “just wait till i get you home”.

Now take a CHILL PILL AND RELAX, its only a cafe

badnewz
    Free Member

I popped out for lunch today. The Victorians knew how to run an establishment. Two bar set-up (I could still hear the wailing of the kids in the other section). And I guess back them the kids weren’t allowed in in the first place.
    I’m all for venting on here, British people are becoming increasingly rude and territorial over space, infact I’d argue we’ve become the most joyless, passive-aggressive, ugly nation on the face of this fallen rock.
    As you were.

singlespeedstu

Antur you say?
    There’s quite a deep mine shaft very close to there if I’m not mistaken.
    Parents and children could quite easily have ” tripped and fell down a bit of a hole” 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It’d be better if some kids weren’t born TBH.

milky1980
    Free Member

Except there wouldn’t be Skippy The Bush Kangaroo to get help, it would be Shaun’s 3rd cousin Dafydd the Welsh Mine Sheep.

singlespeedstu

😆 at milky.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Was one of the parents called Ronnie Pickering?

zippykona

We have one young mum and 2 kids that come into our shop.
    When they arrive it’s drop everything and follow the little girl around the shop making a note of everything she is stealing and then casually mentioning to mum that her daughter might have some bits.
    The little girl gets told off but it’s one of those telling offs that she gets every 5 minutes that have no worth at all.
    They then get into their Bentley convertible and are off. We have noted with despair that she is with child again.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I only ever pet up to a medium level at the local baths

Phil_H

Was one of the parents called Ronnie Pickering?

Who?

😀

joemmo
    Free Member

I had a bad experience once. True story.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Probably my sister in law and her feral brats.

aracer
    Free Member

I only ever pet up to a medium level at the local baths
    [/quote]

Where is the dividing line?

BigJohn

Bikini line.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘To the family who think its OK to use a cafe as a creche at Antur’ is closed to new replies.