Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • To sell or not to sell, 3 x 26″ HT MTBs
  • fakiee
    Free Member

So I’m moving to France, and cant decide wether to sell my MTBs or not.

I have a collection of 3 old MTBS, mostly used by me or my friends. TO be fair ive only used them a handful of times this year but I built them all up and have a lot of nostalgia attached to them. I could give/loan them to family, but could be a bit if a hassle or I could sell them (probably better to strip and sell them)?

Is it worth loaning them out then having them shipped over to France? Or just bite the bullet and sell the lot?

2014 SC Chameloeon, Fox Floats 140, Stans Flow, XT/SLX 10 speed

2007 Cotic soul, Fox Float RL120, CrossMax ST, SRAM x0, SLX 9sp

2004 Stumpjumper, Fox Float RLC 100, DT swiss 4.2, XT, XTR 9sp

stevied
    Free Member

If they’re XS maybe sell them (I’m looking for as XS frame) 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do you have space for the 3 bikes in france?

Do you have space? How much will they cost you to ship?

but I built them all up and have a lot of nostalgia attached to them.

Having tossed a lot of stuff in skips moving around the world, keep the memories get rid of the metal.

Probably not worth a lot but sounds like they don’t get used that much either. However offer them to your friends and family and see if any want to make you an offer

core

I’d keep the soul, it’d do for the odd outing and trips to the bakery, very versatile bike!

andy4d

Keep the one you like most, strip the others for any spares you may need, sell the rest.

fakiee
    Free Member

Thanks for the input, probably gonna sell.  They’ll just be used as commuters by the family.

SC and Cotic are Large, Stumpy is a medium frame but does come up small.

fakiee
    Free Member

Yeah, maybe I’ll keep the Cotic 😉

kayak23

If you do decide to sell, you could always try one of those stealth ads you hear so much about. 😉

Northwind

TBH it’s a great time to buy a 26er hardtail- I bought a Soul off here, did some parts swapping shenanigans, sold some bits, all in all it’s probably cost me about £200 plus recycling some unsellable crap from the garage and it’s exactly as awesome as my last Soul was 10 years ago which cost me twice as much just for the (identical) frame.

If I was you I’d bash the three together- make a brilliant one to keep, a good one to sell and everything else goes on the Stumpy probably

trumpton
    Free Member

26 inch bikes are still decent. Keep one or two.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘To sell or not to sell, 3 x 26″ HT MTBs’ is closed to new replies.