Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • to hell with the weather!
  • jekkyl

I usually go for a ride on Wednesday night as I’m off on thursday, 20 odd miles with stella and nuts for afters, but it’s forecast double rain drop. Do I say to hell with it and go out, whats the worst that can happen?

stevied
    Free Member

whats the worst that can happen?

You might die 😯

munkster
    Free Member

composite
    Free Member

Get wet?

emac65
    Free Member

The worst that can happen – You’ll get wet & muddy………..

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing choices.

shut up and ride.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

It is a fact that the wet causes more maintenance issues so its not just about clothing.

Nice phrase but when it comes to bikes it is plainly wrong.

woody2000

It is a fact that the wet causes more maintenance issues

29ers
    Free Member

Time to get the singlespeed back out again my dears 😕

emac65
    Free Member

Yes it does – my tyres & brakes wear out when I use them too………..

emac65
    Free Member

Got the SS for the dry,but much prefer the geared bouncer for when it’s wet & muddy,always have done….I’m amazed it ever survives …. 😉

tonyd

Ride you big girl. I’m only saying that because I’ve got an 18 mile ride home in the rain so want someone else to feel miserable too 🙂

discoduck
    Free Member

Don’t waste money on expensive clothes and paraphrases, just rely on waterproof skin !
    Once you are P!$$ wet thro you start drying out, the worst that can happen, Grit washed down the crack of ur @rse !

You won’t want to be eating nuts after riding then ?

gwaelod
    Free Member

next fortnight or so across most of Englandshire and Waleshire should see a lot of fine dry weather.

That mint sauce cartoon with the Summer Chick……she’s just puckering up and about to plant a big smacker…right on our lips

jekkyl

don’t you always think though that when it’s raining and you’re out on 2 wheels you spend the whole time mentally trying to convince yourself that you are actually having fun when you would much rather be home in the dry watching the news?*

*other television programmes are available.

binners

Do I say to hell with it and go out, whats the worst that can happen?

By the sounds of it Susan, you might break a nail.

MTFU and get out there you big fanny. I’m heading out in approximately 9 minutes. As expected in May, its gonna be wet. However, I’ve been assured I won’t melt 😀

rogerthecat
    Free Member

If you wait for dry days in which to ride, you’ll hardly get out.
    As Binners said MTFU and get out there. Sky dark grey here and I shall be off out as soon as Mrs Cat picks me up from the office, not walking home in that lot, it could cause major shoe maintenance!

cookeaa

Waterproof jacket/over shorts on, over shoes on.
    Rigid SS “Winter” MTB and out you go!

Our weather cannot hurt you, this is only the UK where it is mostly damp and a bit cold from time to time, it’s not the Arctic or the Congo, you’ve only got to survive 2 hours in Surrey FFS!

Maintenance? I might have a shower after, and bung some clothes in the washing machine…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘to hell with the weather!’ is closed to new replies.