Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • ‘To-Do’ (ticklist app) alternative
  • stingmered

As a long time user of Wunderlist, I was disappointed that it was bought up by MS and became ‘To-Do’. To cut a long story short I can no longer use ‘to-do’ due to change in work IT policy.

Looking for recommendations of a multi platform to-do list. Ideally an app on phone but browser based or chrome extension for laptop.

TIA.

johnners
    Free Member

I just use Google Keep. It’s only for stuff like shopping lists so IT don’t have much to say about it, your needs may be more complex!

toby

Google Keep?

ETA: Gah, not fast enough 😉

stingmered

The IT issue is around having to use my work MS login to access To-Do, which I can no longer do without app management software on my personal phone (not keen at all.) I’ll check Keep out though.

Cougar

Can’t you use it with a personal account?

Has work not provided you with a phone?

db

2 Phones! Work provided (and controlled/monitored) for work stuff. Private phone for personal stuff. Has worked for me.

easily
    Free Member

Things 3 if you’re iOS/mac – expensive but good.

Todoist or Tick Tick if you want something like To Do

Trello if you like Kanban style

mj27
    Free Member

Trello

stingmered

Can’t you use it with a personal account?

Tried that when going from Wunderlist to To-Do – total nightmare – I use To-Do frequently during the day for work and was having to continuously log in and out of two different MS accounts which caused 365 sync issues – not worth the hassle by a long way.

stingmered

2 Phones! Work provided (and controlled/monitored) for work stuff. Private phone for personal stuff. Has worked for me.

This is sadly no longer an option. However, phone not needed for work stuff really, and actually the co has said better not to have work stuff on phone due to work/life balance.

grum
    Free Member

Paper notebook ftw

spacemonkey

I’ve tried loads of todo/task apps over the years and Todoist still comes out on top. Cross-platform, quick, intuitive, feature rich and solidly reliable. I use it for most of my personal tasks/reminders and also as an inbox for all the stuff that comes my way.

oldtennisshoes

Trello

sofaman

Google Keep for me is just about sufficient – just lists of todos (as text, with checkboxes). Using on Android, iOS and Macos app (chrome plugin was pulled IIRC). Sync is really quick.

google know all the things I need to do…

jkomo

I’ve started using a Kanban style thing on Whiteboard (within 365). Are the proper kanban apps good, the whiteboard can be annoying.

Bear
    Free Member

Google keep or tasks, both simple and available anywhere.

stingmered

Thanks all. Trialing Keep. Seems to be ok so far…

dyna-ti

Paper notebook ftw

That will never do. They need us to be of the mindset of being told what to do, and when to do it 😉

One beep for the message, a second fills the feeding tray.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘‘To-Do’ (ticklist app) alternative’ is closed to new replies.