Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • To all the dad’s, happy fathers day.
  • bensales
    Free Member

My daughter rode without stabilisers for the first time today. That’ll do me for Father’s Day.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Cheers! and to yourself.
    Spent most of the day,keeping up with my 10 yr old at Antur.
    Pure joy on every run,a fathers day delight!.

gnusmas

It improved this afternoon. Met up with my mum and dad for lunch which was a nice surprise. The kids also surprised me with a couple of pop vinyl figures, the hand made stuff from school and they each made me a keyring out of shrinkles. One of my friends helped with all this which was really nice. And our 10 year old has just surprised me with some art he’s done in the house. Really made me laugh.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BpUMKstZ1CZXc6Sc8

So a relatively good day given the circumstances, can’t ask for any more than that.

Mister-P
    Free Member

CATAPOSTROPHE

Chuckle.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I do love a grammar snob. I can’t help the old auto correct or my inability or care to proof read a post.
    Anyhoo, turned out to be a blinder of a day. Hope you’ve all had a good day. Nice one dad’s 😉

P-Jay
    Free Member

Double whammy today as it’s also my Birthday, woken about, oh 3 hours after I got to bed last night. Bit of a hangover but almost ironically as it’s June a stinker of a cold, but it’s been a great day.

Kids got me a set of Rainbow Wera Allen keys, not the black ones either, but the slightly posher stainless!!! Chuffed.

allfankledup

Was first up — everyone else can ignore the pup squeaking but 0730 was late enough for me to take the dogs out into the yard and give them their breakfast.

Way too healthy a breakfast from the mrs, yoghurt, muesli, fresh fruit. No sign of any bacon whatsoever.

Sent out for a bike ride (0900) before the weekend taxi service for the offspring kicks into life.
    Battered my way down the road for 30minutes or so – all good aside from having to cycle past the local wedding venue twice – – I seriously did not need the smell of fried bread leading me astray…

Was later presented with the aldi truffles I objected to yesterday, for some reason I had to share them…..scunners

DezB
    Free Member

Jr and me went for a ride and got really bloody muddy. Didn’t realise it had rained that much. But he didn’t complain, even when he slipped over in the filth 😀 Even helped me clean the bikes after.
    Brill.

nofx
    Free Member

I got a card with “behind every great dad is a wafting great fart cloud” on it from our 6 year old sod, errr I meant son. & some choccy. Then a few hours peace and quiet so I can fix the truck again ☹️🙄

onewheelgood

I got a whatsapp from my daughter in Amsterdam wishing me a Happy Cynical Creation of the Card Companies Day. I was so proud.

ransos
    Free Member

“Darling, it was really thoughtful of you to make me a card.’
    “Did it at school. We all had to make one.”

DT78
    Free Member

On hols with family, wifey got me and the boys 2 & 4 matching shirts, quite chuffed. Even more chuffed when putting 4 year old to bed after a day of walking round a castle and playing on the beach I asked him what was the best part of his day and he’s did daddy opening his present. Good lad

bruk

Had friends staying over last night so both us Dad’s got pancakes cooked for us. Lovely with some nice coffee.

Got some nice KilChoman whisky and a new Park multi tool.

Few jobs to be done including taking kids horse riding and cutting the grass but then took the boys out on their bikes and got to play on my Father’s Day gift to myself, electric skateboard. Wow. Great fun, started on lowest setting ( up to 20km/hr) and stayed there for now. May be a new way to break myself!

neilnevill
    Free Member

similar experiences here…nearly 2yo and nearly 4yo girls both got a bit of a cold, as has their mum so no lie in…but got some hand made cards. First father’s day without my dad though…miss him.

Smudger666

On holiday right now, with a bit of a time difference so woke up to a WhatsApp photo of a card saying happy mother’s Father’s Day! Written in felt pen.

globalti
    Free Member

One measly greetings card. That’s it.

bentandbroken

I got a chocolate bar at about 5pm when I took MiniMe to the shop. As he gave it to me he said something like “Mum said to get you this” 😀

TBH I thought it was funny, but then saw the amount of sweets he had bought himself and felt a bit meh!

franksinatra

First up as no-one else listens to the dog whining. Took her out for a bike ride a fell off after clipping tree root with my pedal, hit the ground like a sack of spuds and suddenly felt very sore and old.
    Got home to a couple of cards including obligatory fart joke card and a nice bottle of whisky.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘To all the dad’s, happy fathers day.’ is closed to new replies.