Viewing 23 posts - 281 through 303 (of 303 total)
  • Tjs recovery ride part 6 “Y Viva España”
  • molgrips

Is there actual boat-based internet access or are you just still close enough to shore?

cinnamon_girl

Safe return to Scotland tj and hope the car gets sorted out easily. Have very much enjoyed your posts and pics over the last few months. Good luck with planning your Yukon adventure, that should be quite an experience.

sbtouring
    Free Member

TJ your posts have been a throughly enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing 👍👍👍👍👍

Good luck with your next adventure and hope you post about it.

Safe travels home.

matt_outandabout

Is there actual boat-based internet access or are you just still close enough to shore?

The boat has free, slow, WiFi in public areas.
    You can of course upgrade for a substantial fee… 🙄

tjagain

Wooohooo

Seen loads of dolphins and maybe a pod of orca

Im excited

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most De...
    Singletrack Video Archive: Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150
    Edukator
    Free Member

What’s next then, TJ? Did your walk along a few kms of the Compostelle route inspire? You mentionned lacking company a couple of times. On either El Camino Francès or Camino del Norte there’s so much company it’s sometimes nice to be on your own. I enjoyed the walks as much if not more than any cycle touring I’ve done. It’s quite nice not having a bike to look after when I fancy walking around a cathedral, museum or whatever. Towns become an attraction rather than a headache.

By the time I was free local engagements you were heading to meet Doug so we didn’t get to meet. He was no doubt far better company than me. 😉

tjagain

Shame we didn’t get to meet.

I did enjoy the bit of walking but it made the arthritis in my feet flare up badly unfortunately. I need to find some way of dealing with that if i am to do longvwalks in thw future

I need some time to absorb it all really before i decide whats next

tjagain

I’m back in blighty. I set off from the ferry port on the wrong side of the road.🙄🤣 Im in a posh hotel just outsidethe port. Drive home tomorrow.

Ferry company refused to pay for my hotel but offered me 25% off my ticket which is hakf the cost.

I shall continue to pester them hoping for more.

Pint of ipa to hand.

fossy

Enjoy the IPA. Loved reading your reports.

matt_outandabout

I’m back in blighty.

Did no one tip off the border force? Dammit. 😉

oldtennisshoes

Safe drive north TJ!

tjagain

I’m home. Thats it – its all over.

I’m shattered and wired on red bull after a fairly epic drive north. Motorways congested from south of Birmingham to North of Manchester. Whatever the A road out of Plymouth is was horrible – raining and busy. Maybe I should have overnighted somewhere but I just wanted to get home

My own bed tonight and some clean clothes

weeeeeeeeeeeeee

FB-ATB

My own bed tonight and some clean clothes

weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hope you made it to the toilet for that long wee, rather than soil your nice bed!

Congrats and thanks for the journal.

jeffl

Great stuff. Nothing quite like getting into your own bed.

matt_outandabout

Welcome back to lovely autumnal Scottish minging weather…

aide

Nooooo! Think that means I’m actually going to have to work now, been enjoying your travel expeditions and daily updates to escape the hum-drum.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed your own bed and being back in Scotland. Thanks for taking us all with you on your travels

hooli

Great adventure, I’ve enjoyed following along.

lesshaste
    Free Member

Another many thanks for your uplifting blog of your travels TJ.
    Glad you are back in one piece, the forum will be poorer for not having your latest update to catch up on.
    I’m in awe of your stamina to manage to stay out on the road for such a long tour. I find I’m ready to go home after just a couple of weeks, so have followed your progress with much interest.
    Once the dust has settled a bit, maybe you would consider letting us know what you’d change for next time, along with any tips or knowledge gained on the way.

molgrips

Nooooo! Think that means I’m actually going to have to work now, been enjoying your travel expeditions and daily updates to escape the hum-drum.

Anyone volunteering to do the next travelogue?

Elbows

I’d like to add my thanks for this post.

You mentioned earlier wanting to do the Rhein-Danube route. You will be welcome to rest up in Augsburg, or have a riding partner for a day if you do.

MrTricky
    Free Member

Another ‘thanks for the thread’ from me – kept me sane over the last few weeks with everyone’s contributions too. I’m going to go back to the start of your journey now as I only joined part way through.

Cheers

dudeofdoom

Yep also adding my thanks for the thread 🙂

tjagain

Someone bumped it – I don’t have to 🙂 . I am bereft ( and half pissed) without my daily updates to do and then waiting and see if / what people post

Where do I get my ego boost now?

Ta again chaps. Its been a two way thing and I have appreciated it. thanks

Viewing 23 posts - 281 through 303 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.