Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 303 total)
  • Tjs recovery ride part 6 “Y Viva España”
  • tjagain

Now thats an idea…….

Sandwich

Having missed the edit window, it’s an excuse for a new bike too!!

tjagain

🤣
    Are you suitably old and slow?

Sandwich

Well if my editing skills are any indication. . .

60 in December and quite a bit slower than a couple of years ago.

willard

Damn! That’s a pretty epic route. Bohemia is a lovely place to ride a motorbike (was there in May and it was amazing), but on a normal bike? Some of the hills were… challenging.

How about a nice, relaxing circumnavigation of the Baltic? You’d get to see a lot of countries. Mostly in daylight if it was in summer.

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150

Singletrack Reader Awards - Most De...
    Singletrack Video Archive: Singletrack Reader Awards - Most Desirable Mountain Bike: Atherton AM 150
    tthew

How about a nice, relaxing circumnavigation of the Baltic?

The Russiary bit might make a proper circumnavigation a little tricky!

leffeboy

I’m hoping we have a like button by then, but until that moment – likes

Wishing you great weather for the last few days riding

tjagain

I did a circumnavigation of the baltic on a vintage motorcycle many years ago.

tjagain

Back on the bike again. A little warm up today with 45 miles and 550m climb

🙄🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️

Most of it is on an old railway but the tunnel thru the mountains looks to be closed so have to go over instead.

As ever shiteing myself. Breakfast of pastries 3km down the route

mert
    Free Member

Start in Bergen or something, across to Oslo, Göteborg, then Stockholm, ferry to Finland (or go all the way round on land) Helsinki-Tallinn ferry to avoid the russiary bit then follow the rest of the baltic coast, then turn left to pick up the Danube…

tjagain

Tough going today. Lovely old railway ut a constant climb into a headwind. I doubt I’ll make it to Vittoria tonight so its a trailside camp

dudeofdoom

Here’s the link to the Via-Verdes site which is old Spanish railway lines converted to paths, dunno what TJ’s is like(if its a VV) but the few I’ve ridden are just gravel.

Via Verdes

(Just in case anyones starting to plan their next adventure)

molgrips

I doubt I’ll make it to Vittoria tonight

You must be feeling pretty tyred.

fatoldgit

Seeing as your wonderful adventure is coming to an end and I have really enjoyed your threads but never got round to commenting I thought I better get round to it.

Many many thanks for sharing it all, and safe journey home.

I look forward to reading about your next trip where ever it takes you.

tjagain

Made it to Vittoria. No fecent camp spots the last 20 miles. I may be broken
    50 miles on wet gravel with 1700ft of climb. But the campsite has beer😎🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️

tjagain

Lovely days ride mainly on a via verde. Right thru the mountains. The tunnel at the top is closed off it seemsvandbthe signposts were poor for the route so i did a bit more road than needed. Autumn is on its way

Traffic jam on the vv

tjagain

Several tunnels up to a mile long. One had motion activated sounds. Sheep birdsong then a steam train. Quite disconcerting

Usual lovely old towns

tjagain

Pizza and beer.

* does the happy dance *

mert
    Free Member

I wonder how the next thread will pan out. I imagine it’ll be suitably nordic saga with ferries and hire cars…

tjagain

A bit more hobbit than viking

leffeboy

Several tunnels up to a mile long. One had motion activated sounds

Needs to be hacked for zombie noises once you are half way though. If you were the softie doing it it would have been sooooo tempting to have that one on every 1000 plays

Pizza and beer.

* does the happy dance *

Is there better food at the end of a long day?

tjagain

Freaked me out as it was

tjagain

Looking at maps this morning. 180 km to santander and 6 days before the ferry. It will be slow going with the hills but even so i have plenty of time. Im in Vittoria. Anyone got any suggestions for places to visit? My mind is blank this morning

mogrim

Vittoria town centre was quite nice IIRC, not much else around there though. The Zegama marathon trails are a shortish ride away if you want to do some trail running?

jamj1974

Another excellent thread. I have loved the reports of your days. 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

tjagain

Effing hell. Mice have attacked my sausage🙄 and my cheese.

I didnt put it away properly last night. Little bastards

Bunnyhop

Sneaky little devils. I’d be crying.

tjagain

Now thats what i call elevensies

matt_outandabout

*salivates*

tjagain

Just a gentle pootle today. A mere 25 or 30 miles with only 1200ft of climbing. Thoight id take it easy after yesterday.

However i seem to have loads of mountains around me. Im beginning to hate mountains 😀

tjagain

mogrim

However i seem to have loads of mountains around me. Im beginning to hate mountains

I did a 100 mile ultra marathon up them in July. They are quite steep in places it must be said 🙂

tjagain

That right. Make me feel.even more inadequate with my 3mph climbing speed and 25 miles today🙄🤣🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️🚴‍♂️

bruceandhisbonus
    Free Member

Several tunnels up to a mile long. One had motion activated sounds. Sheep birdsong then a steam train. Quite disconcerting

tunnel

This would terrify me. Don’t know who you might meet 1/2 mile in! What is the reason for the sound? TO stop folk dossing in them?

tjagain

Art installation i think. Walls were painted and stuff

tjagain

I think my legs are broken. I could hardly walk back from the bar

tjagain

Bollox. Raining today and forecast for all day and much of tomorrow

I only have 95 miles ( with 3500 ft of climbing 😮 ) to do and 4 1/2 days before the ferry so i might just hide in my tent today.

Todays food thief

tjagain

Chucked it down all night and continues untill mid afternoon according to the forecast. Bugger. I have to move on today to get to my ferry on monday.

However the tent is now proven to be properly waterproof and my repair has been fine.

I should have set off home a few days earlier and got the earlier ferry.

Gonna be a wet one today but hopefully some sunshine this afternoon will dry everything out

tuboflard

Anyone got any suggestions for places to visit? My mind is blank this morning

I only spent a week round there once but went to a couple of nice restaurants one in a place called La Concha (Restaurant La Vieja Escuala) and one in Puente Viesgo (think it was El Marques). Wouldn’t go out of my way particularly to either but both very nice.

Also the caves at Altamira are worth a visit if that’s your sort of thing.

tjagain

Tough day. 35 dreich miles intova headwind with the best part of 1000ft of climbing.

Might as well have been in Scotland

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.