Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 303 total)
  • Tjs recovery ride part 6 “Y Viva España”
  • tjagain

Walking not cycling which help.

Im a bit concerned at the salad on the menu in hostel

weeksy

I’d be asking where the burgers are!

tjagain

Fabulous meal but nae chips

tjagain

The folk im walking with

Harry_the_Spider

Is there a book somewhere in this adventure of yours?

matt_outandabout

Do you still tow a trailer when walking? 😉

tjagain

Harry. I am in the process of writing two books. My winter project ( as well as going to the Yukon) is to finish them. It might get a chapter or two in one of them which will be about my last couple of years. That one is part written. The other is only in ouline form so far and is a guide to coping with ageing parents

stevie750

tj that menu looks great , reminds me of cycling the camino many years ago

I’d be asking where the burgers are!

Benidorm

matt_outandabout

( as well as going to the Yukon)

Raises eyebrow.
    Sounds fun.

tjagain

Matt.

Polar bears snow up to your oxters and minus 25. What could go wrong? Its a bucket list thing to ride a bike on the frozen yukon river

tjagain

Adventure it was. Nice walk today of about 13 miles into Pamplona. (Yes i was here a week or two ago) but we had no accomodation booked thinking it would be no problem. It was. A big conference of ophthalmologists had booked every room in the city. Lots of faffing around and we found a place a good few miles out of the city. Then we couldn’t get a taxi. Arrrggghhh.

But then we got a taxi. The place we are staying in is cheap and lovely and we got a decent dinner with vino.

Once again the randomiser flipped from good to shit to great in a few hours

tjagain

Saw a bloke walking with a trailer🤣

matt_outandabout

Its a bucket list thing to ride a bike on the frozen yukon river

I look forward to the pics…

tjagain

tjagain

jamj1974

Another great thread!

Bunnyhop

So looking forward to your future Yukon thread.
    Also desperately in need of your advice on coping with elderly parents.

tjagain

We walked back to Estella today. 20 miles and suprisingly unbroken. Lovely to be walking in tee shirt and shorts in tbe sunshine and the highlight was probably seeing vast amounts of mistletoe in the trees. Something i have never seen bofore.

Then we had to go by car to Logono as one of the posse had to catch a bus to Santander. Now at an official (???) Irish pub drinking beer and eating tapas

tjagain

tjagain

dyna-ti

Is there a book somewhere in this adventure of yours?

Im disappointed to find theres no GoPro footage being released nightly onto you-tube. 🙁 This is the 21st century afterall.

tthew

Now at an official (???) Irish pub drinking beer and eating tapas

What constitutes Irish Tapas? I assume it’s pretty potato heavy… 😜

tjagain

Its also fiesta night

matt_outandabout

Its also fiesta night

Feria Del TJagain?

tjagain

But what sort of glass is this to serve beer in

mogrim

Its also fiesta night

Looks like a normal night on Calle Laurel. Great place – every bar has their own speciality tapas, particularly good where the big mushrooms with fried bits of serrano ham on top. And the eggs + chips butty thing.

tjagain

Calle laurel

bob_summers

Those glasses are also used to serve about a finger of “tinto del año” ie young wine. For when you’re “poteando” from bar to bar. When I first came to Spain they cost 0.20€ each but I imagine they cost a wee bit more now!

Btw did you come across the drinking fountain that serves free wine for Camino walkers?

tjagain

Apparently we are going there tomorrow. Im sure its a good idea

pistonbroke
    Free Member

The bit of the Camino de Santiago that you’re likely to be walking is a part of the Eroica Hispania, the 180km route starts in Haro then through several hilltop villages to Logroño and on to Santa Domingo de la Calzada, mainly on gravel tracks. I restored a Peugeot bike to do it last year only to have the event cancelled on the eve due to the organisers forgetting to get a police permit. This time of year is fantastic in La Rioja when the vines start to go golden brown.

tjagain

I only got to do two days walking. The others had to go home.

Found the wine fountain this morning

dudeofdoom

Im disappointed to find theres no GoPro footage being released nightly onto you-tube. 🙁 This is the 21st century afterall.

Trouble is it’s more involved as the editing and engaging content creation(as opposed to look another mountain to ride over) sort of get in the way of the actual doing 🙂

I think the nicest compromise is using komoot and putting the route ,pics and write up. I’ve been following a random old German bloke doing a 3 month ride ebike and trailer and his pics routes and auto translated write ups are interesting as it gives you ideas for your own routes, places to stay etc.

tjagain

Jeepers guys. Its hard enough posting pics for this old luddite.

Looks like i am going to set off again on the bike in a couple of days to meander slowly to Santander to get a ferry back to the UK aiming for the oct 3rd ferry

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Don’t worry, not much has changed since you left.

tjagain

Im on my way home. Or at least i will be on Tuesday. Ferry booked Santander to Plymouth. Hire car booked in Plymouth ( but I have my doubts it will actually be there) I’ll set off on the bike again on Tuesday to ride to Santander and the ferry is booked for oct 3.

Autumn has arrived here and its time to go home.

A few more days riding to report on.

tthew

Well I got one will be sad to see the end of these amicable and uplifting threads. Can you plan something similar next summer please. 👍

tjagain

North sea to black sea following the Rhine and the Danube with excursions to transylvania and bohemia perhaps?

MrOvershoot

tjagain

North sea to black sea following the Rhine and the Danube with excursions to transylvania and bohemia perhaps?

Sounds good to me, I could be your support crew ready with a nice pastry and a well chilled beer 😉

tjagain

Its a long time away yet.

Sandwich

I’m due to retire in either April or June next year, fancy some company?

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.