Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 303 total)
  • Tjs recovery ride part 6 “Y Viva España”
  • tjagain

The water supply.on tje campsite is a thing of beauty and utility

tjagain

onehundredthidiot

Ps there are probably enough STWers in central Scotland to make a Tjreturns get together in Edinburgh worthwhile.

Was wondering the same thing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dudeofdoom

Bollox its melting hot. Im on the edge of heatstroke. 2 beers did not help at all.

You want some Aquarius in your one of your water bottles – Isotonic and like a pre made squash,get in the supermarket and it has a few calories in it, comes in lime or orange.

A radler on a stop,lemon shandy bit of a marmite thing.

TBH the heat and the hills/mountains are hard although I do like to have a few beers I always make sure its downhill or flat afterwards 🙂

tjagain

Thats what i did. A beer halfway down as a reward.

tjagain

A german couple have just arrived on the site as the rain starts. They are on posh curly barred bikes and only have 6 panniers and one bag bag between them and the have hung a tarp as well as a tent.

They have the wrong stereotype.

anagallis_arvensis

Weather dependent and you expect me to plan that far ahead ?

Not at all just keep it in mind for the future

tjagain

Spent the evening bleathering and drinking beer with the aforementioned german couple and and irish chap. There was a serious thunderstorm as we sheltered under a tarp huddled round an led. 😀

tjagain

Pishing doon this morning. Coffee time

tjagain

Two kittens just stole my cheese. No thats not a euphemism 😀

tjagain

Two other bike tourers arrived lastnight. I think germans as they have a tarp to cover their bikes🤣

I might just stay here another night. Hmmmmmmm

jamiea
    Free Member

Two Germans, an Irishman and a Scotsman sitting round a ‘campfire’…

Has the makings of a terrible joke 😂

tjagain

Wow. Another fierce thunderstorm. Im glad i decided not to ride today

mogrim

Mad thunderstorms here in Madrid, too. My vague plan of going for a run has been shelved 🙂

tjagain

I made it! Im in estella where my pal lives which is pretty much what i set out to do all those months ago.

Wooopeee. Beer oclock update later

Bunnyhop

Excellant.
    So sorry you had anxiety in the city. Something I can identify with.

ENJOY.

tjagain

I will.

leffeboy

Two kittens just stole my cheese. No thats not a euphemism

it should be, i just don’t know what for

Bazz

I made it! Im in estella where my pal lives which is pretty much what i set out to do all those months ago.

Congratulations TJ, that is a seriously impressive achievement, though not a regular poster i’ve been following you daily and will miss these threads when you finally stop.

anagallis_arvensis

i’ve been following you daily and will miss these threads when you finally stop.

We just need to keep him going….

Hey TJ, can’t be that far to Morocco 😄😄

Stainypants

We spend a week in near Estella a few years ago and are planning to go again next year. If you get chance try cycling up to the Urbasa national park you may have passed signs for it in the way from Pampalona.

jca

I think I’ve seen how this one ends…

Forrest TJ

matt_outandabout

🤣

Poopscoop

I’ve not posted much in the thread but it’s been amazing to read.

It’s been an amazing adventure even as as mere “viewer”. Bloody well done tj, I’ll be a little gutted when the adventure ends.

tjagain

Ta chaps

Its been lovely having you following even if its a bit odd.

tjagain

AA i keep thinking about the portugese coast. Looks really nice.

A few days walking on the camino to do yet then i have to get home somehow. I ain’t cycling home

tjagain

tjagain

You would have though i would have sussed the pics by now🙄

tjagain

tjagain

And the poor lassie who i am visiting

cchris2lou

Amazing ride TJ.

tjagain

bigdaddy

I’m another one that’s loved following the adventure, wishing I had the opportunity and the balls to do something like this, maybe one day! Well done!

simondbarnes

Loving this 🙂

tjagain

3000 ish miles. Gawd knows how much climbing. 10 kilos lost. Legs of mahogany and arse of rhino hide

kimbers

Amazing stuff TJ

muddy@rseguy

Looks wonderful.
    Have you been enjoying the heat? Just got back from a three day work trip to Bilbao where the overnight temperature in the city on Monday was 28-32 degrees C…

Bilbao is a fab city but I kept catching glimpses of the hills and mountains that surround it: not enough time and anyway, my bikes were back in Blighty…sigh…

thepurist

Thanks for sharing this with us TJ.

tjagain

Im not sure enjoying the heat is quite the thing. Ive been baked dsily but its sure nicer than rain. 30+ daytime temps for 2 months. Eyebrows are sunbleahed and im so tanned i suspect I’ll be sent to Rwanda

2 or 3 times been on the edge of heatstroke. Mad dogs and englishmen go outbin the midday sun

sbtouring
    Free Member

TJ, thanks for sharing, been enjoying the updates, it has been very entertaining reading about your travels, and all the wonderful places you have been and the amazing hospitality you have received.

Unfortunately I’ve not been able to get out for any touring myself for the last couple of years, so this has been brilliant to read. As it’s given me my touring fix from the seat of my sofa, without having to turn a pedal 🙂

Hope you enjoy whatever you have planned next. Enjoy a nice relax if you head back home, you deserve it. But whilst you are there I think it would be rude not to continue on to Portugal. You are not that far away really!

Stay safe and enjoy 👍👍

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 303 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.