Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 385 total)
  • TJs recovery ride 2 – Ayrshire and Ireland
  • Caher

Nice to hear. When a group of my Swiss friends came over they said the same. And Switzerland is quite a stunner too.

tjagain

Caher also notcable is no angry aggressive car drivers. Poor drivers yes but no aggressive idiots and they all know how wide the car is to the mm.

Its been good from that point of view

tjagain

Talking to a dutch couple of cyclists on the campsite. They have 40 kg of luggage. They thought my 15 kg very light and they don’t even have proper coffee

Caher

Yes true, I do notice that. Laid back but distracted…not sure that’s always such a good thing. See many more mobile phone use/mothers moving kids/lorries with flasks being drunk (coffee/tea). A little like Greece.

leffeboy

Trailer stuff is interesting.  I had always assumed that paniers were easier and trailers a lot heavier and more cumbersome but clearly that’s not quite right.  Have to keep my eyes open for a cheap second hand Bob now

tjagain

You get a weight penalty of 3 or 4 kilis campared to panniers and not everyone agrees with me

Edukator
    Free Member

Just weighed my kit without food or water. 13kg. That’s a full Brompton Borough front bag and a tent and sleeping mat on the rear rack (including the weight of the rack). Nothing to make coffee mind. Compared with a walking holiday I’ve got a heavier sleeping mat, a minimalist lock, repair kit, more changes of clothes but less footware as sandals will do for everything.

tjagain

No coffee? Tut tut

ElShalimo

No coffee? Tut tut

He’s not really French you know… He’s just pretending

🙃

Sandwich

they don’t even have proper coffee

Are they even cyclists without coffee? 🙂

tjagain

I think that confession will see him thrown out of France and sentanced to mellow birds “coffee” for life🤣

BikePawl
    Free Member

Or a bottle of Camp coffee🤮

ElShalimo

Mmm chicory pretend coffee

🤮

ElShalimo

tjagain

Wow

Scorchio. Scenery to die for and a paddle around in a kayak. Now sitting in tbe sunshine with beer and waiting for chips

Days don’t get much better. I haven’t done many miles tho😎🙄

tjagain

tjagain

andy4d

Why would you want to do the miles when you have that. Nice to just sit and sup sometimes. Where are you today?

tjagain

Glengarrif right now. I’ll stay with my pals a few miles away tonight then head east.

Only come from Adrigole where i did the kayaking .

People keep asking where I am going and the only answer is ” dunno” as i am making it up as i go along🤣

I think follow the coast east

andy4d

Nice spot, good to see you kept away from that Kerry lot and stayed in Cork 😉. Schull and Baltimore are nice, similar vein to what you have seen last few days. When you get to Clonakilty you have to try their black pudding and if you see their black pudding sausages they are to die for IMO. I went a cycle at Ballyhoura earlier and boy was it hot so I don’t blame you having an easy day and a good day for the kayaking.

Caher

The weather is always like that in Kerry! Ahem.
    Just did a loop around the lakes and had a great day.

andy4d

Nah. The weather didn’t improve until he was back over the county border and safely in Cork. It will of been raining in Kerry. 🤪

tjagain

ElShalimo

I’m sat at my desk (pretending to work) and looking at these photos. I’m sorry that I suggested the Beara now !!

It looks hellish

🙃😜😎

tjagain

It was. Did you not hear me cursing as i sweated up hill?

On my way to cork now. Im in Glandore

tjagain

I think my bike is drunk. 3rd pint may not have been my best idea

[url=https://postimages.org/]upload img png[/url]

Andy_B

I’d be inclined to turn around and spend a couple of days doing nothing at all in Crookhaven especially if the weathers good. As you’re no doubt aware it can change quickly and if it’s as glorious as it looks you really need to take advantage especially if there’s no rush to be anywhere.

This is my absolute favourite part of Ireland. I’ve got lots of memories of camping holidays there with nothing much available to buy in food shops.

tjagain

I didnt get to far today. A late lunch with a pint in Clonakilty brought me to the decision to stay here. I did find a stone circle and meandered along the coast which has fine beaches. Lots of these odd shallow inlets/ lagoons as well

squirrelking
    Free Member

Looks amazingly awesome.

I (partially) followed your tyretracks today from Johnstone to Dalry. Bugger me sideways that’s a boring slog, no wonder you were keen to get going towards the sea! Next time anyone asks I’d recommend turning off at Johnstone onto the NCR75 towards Kilmacolm (or just ride over from Erskine) then cut off to Largs via the Gryffe Valley Way. Bigger climbs but if you’re in no rush then it’s the difference between motorway and interesting B road.

tjagain

I enjoyed that ride. Old railway line and some nice views

tjagain

Ireland does not disappoint again. Tonights campsite is a grassy corner in a farmers fruit and veg patch. Rustic is the word. No one at all on site when i arrived. Im pitched on a little bit of grass surrounded by fruit trees and bushes as well as leeks and onions.

Totally charming and random.

tjagain

Wifi is very slow!

[url=https://gasstation-nearme.com/open-24-hours]gas station open 24[/url]

tjagain

[url=https://gasstation-nearme.com/open-24-hours]closest store open 24 hours[/url]

tjagain

Ruined abbey

tartanscarf

That looks stunning!

tjagain

Im near Cork now if anyone is around

andy4d

TJ I am about 40mins North of the city. I am in Limerick tomorrow but in cork city on Tue. If you are in he vicinity on Tue am or pm I could try to meet you before or after work. Let me know where you end up tomorrow.

tjagain

Roger that

tjagain

The randomness continues. A columbian lass is on the site and the farmer turned up on a motorcycle with an American lass and started cooking burgers on the barbie for us all. Lovely but weird

andy4d

Sounds perfectly normal for Cork. Oh, the weather is always like this too🤣.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 385 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.