Viewing 25 posts - 361 through 385 (of 385 total)
  • TJs recovery ride 2 – Ayrshire and Ireland
  • tjagain

Matt. No. Heading for Wales to adopt molgrips cat

squirrelking
    Free Member

Shang a lang. Ffs

Jesus I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Here’s something a bit more geographically sympathetic.

tjagain

I don’t know if I should laugh or cry.

I’m in Rosslare. All hotels full of Ukrainians again. All B&Bs are full. Im on the nearest campsite which is a big family one with activities and entertainment. Tonight its the kids disco and I’m not far from it. I have been serenaded with baby shark and barbie girl

Arrggghhhhh

molgrips
    Free Member

Haha.

By the way, you might want to stay in West Wales until after Tuesday until it cools down a bit? Will be cooler on the coast there. 26C vs 30C in Cardiff on Tuesday according to Met Office, plus you can go for a swim in the sea. BBC has 31C in St David’s and 35C in Cardiff.

Saccades
    Free Member

**** that, go down to Rosslare port, right next to the entrance is a nice sandy beach. Everyone camps there before getting the early ferry.

Edit to say, down the approach road, over the speed bumps and just as the road into the terminal turns left you’ll see the beach in front.

Additional edit: Rosslare Harbour (Beach)
    Rosslare Harbour, Co. Wexford
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/g7bAm4E5GQ8xCYWH8

Salt and vinegar do great pizzas too, Irish tradition of Italian chippies and have an app to pre order, it’s in kilrane about 3km out.

tjagain

Ta. Too late now. I did do a recce and nearly went for it to sleep on the beach. Ferry is 8am check in so not too bad

slowol

I have been serenaded with baby shark and barbie girl

Well at least that’s tomorrow’s earworm sorted!

Great story so far. Wishing you fair winds for the ferry.

tjagain

Im already panicking about missing the ferry. I get horrible anxiety with deadlines like that. I ve been right into the terminal to check where and when for the morning

Caher

Ooh on the ferry now. From Dublin though.

tjagain

Internet hete is struggling to upload pics

tjagain

tjagain

tjagain

[url=https://postimages.org/]img free[/url]

tjagain

northshoreniall

Put your number up, we can all gove you a call in the morning to make sure you’re up? I’ll be up about 1, 4 and 6 with toddlers – How’s that work for you?

Saccades
    Free Member

St Catherine’s beach and tacumshane windmill (this time last year it was being repaired). Did you get the key from the pub to go in?

Should know the ruins in the first of the photos, but the name escapes me.

Hope you enjoyed Ireland, I love it over here.

Ambrose

I’ve missed all of this thread 🙁 . Adventures abound when you are on a bike, wherever you are. Rosslare links to some of the best places to be found, enjoy.

tjagain

Arrived at the ferry terminal. Had a good okd panic this morning as i had a puncture. Only an hour early for the ferry

northshoreniall

I can rest easy now, been checking the thread for the last hour. Bon voyage

tjagain

🤣
    Im on the ship. I hope its the right one

tjagain

Farewell then Ireland. You have been lovely. The people here have something that the uk seems to have lost. There is a happiness and contentment that no longer exists in the uk.

Not one aggressive car driver either which is refreshing

molgrips
    Free Member

You’re going to need a new thread in about an hour.

onehundredthidiot

Well you’d have an easy crossing. Flat as a pancake from cairnryan to Belfast. The Harland and Wolfe crane has just come into view.

leffeboy

Ah, Ireland is indeed awesome.  If I ever manage to leave my job then I’m heading straight back there. I’ve spent some great time touring both south and the north and even with the lovely cynic-al.  If you aren’t in a huge group then people seem to out if their way to be nice to you

tjagain

Thats how i found it

Anyway part 3 is now up. Wales

Viewing 25 posts - 361 through 385 (of 385 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.