Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Titus Rockstar Carbon 29er
  • Picto
    Free Member

Anyone owned or ridden one? Not finding any reviews online.

Lester
    Free Member

I’ve got one, a medium.
    Unfortunately I bought it at the same time as my bear grease fat bike. So it doesn’t get used much.
    It’s definitely the quickest of my 3 bikes. The other is a mojo hd. Great looking bike, 32lbs with red fulcrum wheels and manitou tower forks chunky monkeys with tubes in. So a reasonable weight.
    Cable routing is a bit iffy going through the shock mounts, but it looks great, rides great and reasonably light.
    I think it’s cracking value for money.
    I know where there is one for sale lol

Picto
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply. Sounds good. Still tyre kicking at the moment. Fancy a light geared bike for marathons etc as currently only have a singlespeed built up. Was thinking of chinese carbon hardtail frame but the price of the On One puts it in scope.

Lester
    Free Member

good luck on whatever you decide 🙂
    its great when its time to get a new bike

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Marathons you say…….you know they’re called snickers now!

Buy jules off him in about 3 hours time- I bet you would get a good deal

Picto
    Free Member

Really really would like his niner. May make a cheeky offer in about half an hour. Need something to keep up with your spesh.

granny_ring

There was a guy selling a second hand one on here a few days ago. Seems to have vanished though and I’ve given up. If you do a search you should find it, there was another for sale too.

Picto
    Free Member

I saw it. Too pricey for me. Was joking, one of our riding crew is riding the Wembo and is leading in his class. Guessing he will be sick of his bikes for a while.

Lester
    Free Member

update:
    decided to go out on the rockstar for a change, loved it, now NOT for sale after all 🙂

Picto
    Free Member

Lol. The bike you are riding is always the best one imo. Might drag myself to the on one shop and have a look at one in the flesh.

granny_ring

I meant that there were a couple of rockstar frames going for not a lot of money.

Picto
    Free Member

Has a quick look all are small.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Lester – Member
    I’ve got one, a medium – 32lbs with red fulcrum wheels and manitou tower forks chunky monkeys with tubes in.

Picto – Member
    Fancy a light geared bike for marathons etc

You’d be better off with an Anthem, Epic or a Trek Fuel or Superfly or one of those Canyon thingies, all well under 30lbs out of the box, the X1 Anthem is under 27lbs.

Lester
    Free Member

32lb is the weight that my funds allowed, a carbon rockstar frame weighs 6lb wiith a monarch shock, so im not sure how much it would weigh with components from the bikes in the previous post. so not really relevant, i suppose we talk about bike weights the only relevant point is the frame weight, or how much it cost to build to a certain weight, and whether the superlight builds are are strong enough for what we want from them,. anthem with no paint weighs 5.5 lbs so its all about the build
    not sure if op would be better off with one of the other bikes, but i like carbon

taxi25
    Free Member

A six pound frame and shock will easily build into a 26-27lb bike lighter if you spend a bit of money. The 32lb of Lesters bike rose my eyebrows a bit, but if he’s happy good for him. 😀 Weight isn’t the be all and end all for some people.

Picto
    Free Member

A lot depends on how they ride. My first 29er was an inbred. 6lbs in weight for a hardtail frame only. It rode much lighter and was a joy to ride. Fully rigid and single speed it was significantly quicker than my geared 26er hardtail.

Lester
    Free Member

my build includes 2.4 chunky monkeys with inner tubes, a reverb, 3 x 9, but i just happened to buy it at the same time as another bike and there was not much left in the way of funds 🙂
    oh manitou tower pro 120mm forks so there are quite a few places i could lose weight.
    i will be tubeless and 2 x 10 by the end of the week and i reckon it will be under 30lb

taxi25
    Free Member

The Chunky Monkeys are the first place I’d look to save weight, over 900gms ! thats a lot of tyre for a carbon 29er.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Titus Rockstar Carbon 29er’ is closed to new replies.