Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 976 total)
  • Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..
  • mangatank
    Free Member

Now that’s an coincidence! I’m been having the same issue ever since I bought a nice Thomson Elite silver finished post for my Ti456E. Looks like I’m not the only one then.

The clicking can be resolved with a good application of anti-seize to the post, but that will probably result in slippage. In fact, I’d be surprised if the clicking wasn’t the sound of the post gradually working it’s way into the frame. That’s certainly what was happening with mine.

So while anti-seize will solve the noise, but it’ll make the slippage worse. I’m using a Hope QR, and it’s ‘hope-less’ at holding the seatpost in place. I’ve ordered a Thomson non-QR clamp in an attempt to resolve this.

It’s worth pointing out that my SDG i-beam seatpost never slipped or clicked in the same frame.

…hmm…Thomson…

BillOddie

Thomsons are undersized to start with then the grooves wear and they get worse.

mangatank
    Free Member

That’s certainly what it looks like Bill.

jimmyl
    Free Member

Ok, so it looks like it is the post then, shame as it is brand new. Mangatank I can recommend the salsa QR seat clamp though if the Thompson one does not work out.

happybiker
    Free Member

I’m using a Crank Bros post with a ss shim and it’s silent. This is one of the early ones too.

oldfart

Thomson post here in a Kona Raijin frame getting same clicking noise , didn’t do it straight away ? Guess its gradually slipping , same prob with Hope qr clamp . Yet Thomson post in Hummerframe never been an issue ?

Swayndo
    Free Member

Yep my seat tube is baggy. Brand new Reverb dropped right down with little resistance. Carbon paste and a bit extra on the bolted clamp worked for me.

Brant if you’re looking in I’ll have the frame to you by the end of the week. It’s dismantled so I just need to “build” a box.

jallll
    Free Member

in mmy bike i use a gravity dropper 27.2 post with thermoplastic shim, collar seat from thomson and perfect from the first day….

the_lecht_rocks

Salsa clamp non qr with reverb and its seeming to hold here….

Candodavid
    Free Member

Tried salsa clamps, went to thomson and now no slackening issues

mangatank
    Free Member

Couple of good runs with the Thomson seat clamp now. Movement on the first run, but tightened up a bit more (though not straining the bolt), and everything stayed in place. Fairly big ride with fast, long, off-road descents but the post didn’t shift.

The Thomson clamp goes beautifully with the Ti frame incidently. It’s gorgeous!

thv3
    Free Member

@mangatank Any pics of the Thompson seat clamp mounted?
    Am considering one too

mangatank
    Free Member

Here you go, and from now on I promise to stop hijacking a thread for a different bike 😉

rewski
    Free Member

@ manga – that clamp is lovely, what post is that? The Thomson Ti bars are nice too.

mangatank
    Free Member

It’s an aluminium Thomson Elite. Hence the post-slip issue 😉

It is a thing of loveliness though. I’ve taken the bike right back to silver and raw Ti and it’s all the better for it.

mangatank
    Free Member

Nice…

rewski
    Free Member

Looks great, is the clamp not back to front though?

mangatank
    Free Member

No. The seat tube’s slot faces inwards.

thv3
    Free Member

Wow, that really does look fantastic!

mangatank
    Free Member

Much cheaper than the ti equivalent! Not that’s what stopped me though; I just preferred the look of the two metals together.

And might I recommend On-One’s gorgeous CNC’d silver stem to go with it? A stunning object!

thv3
    Free Member

Good shout, I might need to nick that idea too! 😉

thv3
    Free Member

Right got a build waiting and a pre-order in.

Anyone else waiting for a delivery?

thv3
    Free Member

Well, it arrived a couple of weeks ago 😀

16″ and a smidge under 25lbs as is.

Arrived without a head tube badge or decals, but On One sent them out shortly afterwards. Not sure I’m going to use the decals to be honest, like it the way it is.

I’ve had it a couple of weeks now for a good shakedown and chance to form some thoughts on the bike. First impressions are that it ticks exactly the boxes I was looking for, i.e. a 29er 456. Was swithering between a 16″ or an 18″ and went for the 16″ with a 50mm stem in the end with no regrets. Climbs really nicely and seems really planted on the descents, more importantly it just seems to fly everywhere.

Very happy with it 8)

weeksy

Stunning!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Lovely bike that.

the_lecht_rocks

Well now the groomers are opening and winters on its way,min hoping mine will see some more action…. Anyone else got any updates, new bits, etc ?

dantsw13

I’m seriously considering one of these as my first 29er. Are the ones on the O-O website from a new batch with the original issues sorted?

the_lecht_rocks

id assume so although mine is original and still fine 🙂

Babyjack
    Free Member

For reference, my bargain fireline with ‘issues’ takes a 2.4 chunky monkey on a crest with room to spare(1×9).
    Haven’t a clue how to put the pic up here. It’s the first photo on my Flickr page..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98303183@N08/

robgclarkson
    Free Member

abyjack – Member
    For reference, my bargain fireline with ‘issues’ takes a 2.4 chunky monkey on a crest with room to spare(1×9).
    Haven’t a clue how to put the pic up here. It’s the first photo on my Flickr page..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/98303183@N08/

like this 😉 :

Babyjack
    Free Member

Cheers Rob!

Lester
    Free Member

is mine the only one with white rims? (american classic disc):-)
    pictures tomorrow

Lester
    Free Member

this is mine finished although i cant make my mind up about the white wheels, its different 🙂
    sorry its a linky but not sure how to upload a picture yet

link-http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/processpost.asp?f=174

ornitorincus
    Free Member

Hello!

I have an Inbred 29er, wich I’m enjoying quite a lot, but I would like to go for something a little bit more “gravitty” oriented. After a week enjoying a Chromag Surface, the concept of big wheels with long forks has really conquered my heart, and this Titus Fireline seems to tick all the boxes, but I have a major doubt, regarding size.

My inbred is size 19,5, and it fits me very well, but I wouldn’t like to go much bigger than this. So the question is… anyone of you have tried an Inbred 29er? Did you use the same size in both bikes? Size 20″ would be the logical choice for me, but I’m afraid it might be a little bit too long.

This is my inbred:

Thanks a lot for your help!

dantsw13

Just bought an 18″ fireline in the 15% frame sale!! My wife made me do it!!

Lester
    Free Member

if you find its a little small than you expected let me know as i bought a 20 inch and i think my mines a little too big
    Lester
    your wife may have made you do it but now she can do the same in the sales 🙂 might cost you more in the long run

dantsw13

She generally does!!!!

dantsw13

Got back from Tokyo today to find a box waiting for me – It is a beautiful frame!!

I have no decals(not bothered) or headbadge(more bothered) in the box. Are they sent separately or do I need to chase?

al

You need to chase.

Lester
    Free Member

Heres mine 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 976 total)

The topic ‘Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..’ is closed to new replies.