Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 976 total)
  • Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..
  • matrix
    Free Member

Hello mates,
    As promised this is my review of the Titus Fireline Evo. I tested it despite the threatening weather and a state of physical form rather low.

This is my second ride with the FLE and the first with the Revelation RCT3 140mm. In the first ride (with Reba Race 100mm) I really liked the softness of the frame. Really higher than the Niner Air9 I come from. A much more comfortable bike.

I have rode for years DH and FR bike, so I was attracted by the “progressive” geometry of the FLE, because the xc geometry of the Niner Air9, for how good is this bike, it is too restrictive for me.

As you can see, I mounted a 140mm fork along with smoothie mixer on-one lower external cup, even if the bike is designed for a 120mm fork to match with lower external cup.

Before installing a zero stack lower cap I wanted to test this configuration in order to verify if it penalizes the bike. Well, for the steering angles that I’m used (65-66 °) I was fine. The bike is very agile even in the slow. I have not noticed any impediment in the most critical and slower sections where the Air9 was at ease. Frankly I did not expect it! The FLE has a good directionality also in the slow sections.

But FLE emerges on the fast tracks: used to high-performance downhill bikes, I’m impressed by the stability and speed this toy push you! That ‘s what I was looking for. I’m really happy it has a so high level of performance: I hoped on it, but I did not dare to believe it as I believe now!

Aesthetically speaking, I really love this bike, but this is a subjective think. The frame has beautifully finishing, the welds do not have any burrs and the sinuous and clean forms of the frame, along with the rough finish, enjoy my eyes.

I appreciate the head tube, which allows you to mount both straight 1-1/8 ” like reba race was and tapered fork as the Revelation. I also appreciate PM rear brake caliper attack, the old ISGG attack and the holders for continuous sheaths. I would like to find 142×12 rear axle.

The ultra short rear stays are well perceived in terms of traction than what I experienced with Air9. I chose not to mount the front derailleur to feel the thrill of 1×10 gear. Soon I will mount leonardi kit, in order to have 4 more teeth in the cassette, that are always handy, even if today I was able to do everything I did with Air9 and the 22 in the front (with a very little more fatigue).

The final weight of the bike is 25lb as seen in the photos.

If you’re not fixated on crosscountry race and look for a front bike to pedal very well, but also a funny and fast machine, this bike with slack steering angle could do for you. Being used with 180mm rear, I felt the lack of a rear shock, but this was not traumatic, indeed. It ‘s a pleasure to ride this incredibly lightweight, agile, but at the same time soft bike, almost muffled, not at all sharp or nervous. I rode my usual jumps very well, with no worries at all. Bike promoted with 10 and praise for me!

Enjoy some pics:

Titus FireLine 29er Evo at the beginning of the trail

Titus FireLine 29er Evo just before the game gets hard

I apologize for my english…

Flow4Ever
    Matrix
    (Italy)

kitaquino
    Free Member

Here’s my new build. Had it for less than a week now. Only ridden it once since I got it. I must say it climbs pretty well on steep inclines. Great geometry for me. Using a 100mm fork. Haven’t tried it on the trails yet just road. Fast and smooth on the flats too!

matrix
    Free Member

Hi kitaquino, your bike looks very nice! 😀
    I love the look that CB gives it.
    Model and type of maxxis?
    Let us know your riding impression on trails.

the_lecht_rocks

kitaquino – where do you live ??????? //jealous of your weather//

kitaquino
    Free Member

matrix – thanks! my maxxis are the crossmark 2.10. They roll pretty fast on tarmac. I used these tires on a voodoo canzo also on trails. good on dry trails but not as grippy on the wet. but what tires are right? 🙂 I’ll scheduling a trail ride later next week!

the_lecht_rocks – I live in the Philippines! 🙂 “Biking – More fun in the Philippines!” LOL. 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

more pics on thre “dry” trails ?

mangatank
    Free Member

Great review, Matrix. Love your build too. This is one of the few 29er frames that looks genuinely elegant! I’m totally loving my Ti 456 Evo (astonishing bike), but I can see a Fireline frame getting mounted on the studio wall pending future development…

matrix
    Free Member

@ kitaquino: here in Italy crossmark are quite appreciated, especially in Lust version, but u are right: no so grippy on the wet and poor grip while braking. What is the right tire? Good question! I’m thinking about schwalbe Hans Dampf on the front, because this bike rocks! 🙂

@ mangatank: thanks mate! Such a suggestion u gave me! A FLE frame on the wall in front of my desk sounds good! Best if in S size, with the TT and DT kissing in the shade of headtube… 😀

GEDA
    Free Member

Any idea if this headset http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=91596 will fit the frame as I got one cheap a while back? The spec is ZS44/EC49. so maybe the top race is fine and the bottom is the wrong size? Just a tad confused as the tapered on the hopre site are different sizes and the same size as what I have got.http://www.hopetech.com/webtop/modules/_repository/documents/HOPEHEADSETS2011Web.pdf

matrix
    Free Member

Hello guys, a quick update on the Titus Fireline 29er:
    I participated in the weekly contest “bike of the week” on the mtb-forum.it, Italy. Well … my FLE won the weekly contest!

This is a big surprise for me, as the assembly is not final and I participated just for fun, before leaving for Africa!

Here are two screenshots of the site:

This is the article (on mtb-forum.it my nickname is “Dynamite”):
    http://www.mtb-forum.it/bici-della-settimana-19-la-titus-fireline-29-evo-di-dynamite/

johnnypopanz
    Free Member

PAID SPAM:

BTW gentleman,

I have a brand new 20″ Fileline (the version there you have to file down the rear brake a bit) for sale. THey are sold out with On-One!
    670 Euros. Please send PN if you are interested.

Apologies if inappropriate here!

rewski
    Free Member

Looks lovely, very, very tempted, got my heart set on the new Kenesis Maxlight Sync Ti though.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

PAID SPAM

£100 more than retail? Bargin!

wwaswas

I’ve been riding my one properly off road for the past couple of weeks as I recover from an injury.

Even with Revelations at 140mm it’s been fine climbing.

In fact, it’s been more than fine everywhere.

Other than the seat clamp bolts repeatedly coming undone on the KS Lev until threadlocked I’ve had no problems with it.

I’m (more than) a bit fickle when it comes to bikes but I can see this being a keeper.

GEDA
    Free Member

I got one. Unfortunately something went pears up when I did the order and it got sent to my parents in Northumberland instead of Sweden. Doh!

johnnypopanz
    Free Member

@Scott:
    my frame is 70 GBP more than retail – IF the 20″ frame were available. (Available ones seem to be the 18″). Not trying to skim off the top – it’s what I paid for it, and I was hoping to get out of it even. On-One did drop the price a bit.

fishybob666
    Free Member

Hi johnnypopanz,
    I’m interested and can offer you £500 including delivery.
    Please let me know. Thanks

paul4stones

GEDA – Member
    I got one. Unfortunately something went pears up when I did the order and it got sent to my parents in Northumberland instead of Sweden. Doh!

What a shame.

Whereabouts? I’ll have it 😉

the_lecht_rocks

Getting my new wheels for mine on Sunday… King hubs laced to arch ex and new nob nics tubeless….. 8)

al

My tin foil shim packer disintegrated last night, leading to post slippage again. Arses. I really need to find a more robust solution. I think this may involved a lathe, a block of steel and a lot of cutting fluid. Anyone with ideas please do shout.

Perhaps a bolt through the frame and post? 😈

wwaswas

not trying to be funny, but if it’s built wrong then send it back to on-one and let them deal with it?

other choice might be to run a 27.2 post with a bigger shim if you don’t have a dropper post?

fishybob666
    Free Member

Try Finishline assembly paste coupled to a bolted seat collar and it won’t move.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Fishybob, thinking of selling my 20″ as just bought a krampus if you are still interested in a frame.

Gotama
    Free Member

I can’t believe people are paying so much for these frames and accepting that they are a shambles. £150 usual On One fair enough but these aren’t exactly cheap. 😕

Northwind

al – Member

Anyone with ideas please do shout.

Return it and get one that’s made right

the_lecht_rocks

Mine is fine and I got I for 500 quid………..

fishybob666
    Free Member

Hey Bigdugsbaws, thanks for the offer but I somehow managed to get one of the “proper” frames with correct iscg tabs, brake mounts and seat tube diameter! I suspect it might be a pre-run of the new production with slight revisions
    Building it as we speak, can’t wait!

brant
    Free Member

Anyone with seat tube issues, please get in touch.
    We have another batch in production right now, and I’ve just checked the first samples all over and they are bang on.
    We’re also going to be able to offer CUSTOM versions from £999, which could include custom geometry, different cable guides, even sliding dropouts.

al

Can I get in touch even with the restraining order in place? 😉

brant
    Free Member

Sure thing

belgican
    Free Member

Here’e my FLE on a cross country, rigid set up. Resolved the seatube and tire clearance by installing a narrow tire. No quality saddle time done yet but I noticed that this baby can do sharper turns compared to my former On*One Scandal frame.

frazchops
    Free Member

Brant when do you expect the next batch will be available, mid-June?

the_lecht_rocks

What a bike. More playful than my ti456 and faster rolling to boot…. True genius…. A fantastic ride !
    Can’t wait for glenlivet to open now…..

brant
    Free Member

Mid June would seem reasonable.
    I visited the factory a week or so ago and went through issues of seat tube wobble and brake mount tolerance with them. We have some good fixes in place and then approved some preproduction samples.
    We also discussed a full custom and semi custom process with them, which we will be formally starting shortly, from £999.

dasgrigo
    Free Member

Hi everyone, my name is Das.
    I am new to this forum, but was following this thread for quite a while now. About 1.5 months ago have decided to build up my first ever MTB and have decided to go with Titus Firefile Evo.
    A bit about me. I am not a professional MTBer nor an amateur. I just have never ever ridden a MTB in my life. I used to do road cycling when i was 15 – 17 years old (now 30) and that is it. Since i was 20 something was a gym addict and then decided to go back/start MTBing. And starting with Titus Firefile Evo 😀

Here is the birth of my pride and joy 😀 😀 😀

And this one is after a first serious ride:

And this one is for someone who is concerned about the tyre clearance:

As i am just starting MTBing cant make a proper review, cuz can’t compare this bicycle to anything. But it is sweet!!! Good looking and easy to ride uphill or downhill.

rewski
    Free Member

I just have never ever ridden a MTB in my life

And you buy a Ti 29er?

mattjg
    Free Member

Can’t see your pics Das, but it’s good to hear you are enjoying your riding.

dasgrigo
    Free Member

Sorry, i dont want to be ignorant or rude, but if i can afford to buy a Ti 29er, why would i need to buy something crap?

How to up;load the photos?

rewski
    Free Member

@ dasgrigo – apologies I wasn’t implying anything regarding money, a Fireline Ti 29er is quite niche choice, especially for a first bike.

Re: Photos, press the IMG button and paste in image url address.

dasgrigo
    Free Member

@rewski – I see what you mean. The choice was based on my body weight. I wanted something strong but light and i just love the Titanium material 😛 I am around 100 kg (not fat) and was planning to ride hard so needed something reliable. Did a lot of research on FS and HT, 26ers and 29ers. Then decided to build my own as couldn’t find anything ready made. Hope that does make sense.

Will try to post the photos.

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 976 total)

The topic ‘Titus Fireline Ti 29 Evo..’ is closed to new replies.