Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Titus El Guapo Chainstay Hardware
  • fr0sty125
    Free Member

I’m trying to find spares for my El Guapo I need to replace the metal hardware that is inserted in the bushing.

Any thoughts?

boobs

contact on one? I have spare bearings and bolts etc that I got after a couple of issues with the bike.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

It’s none of those parts, I have emailed them no response yet.

abeach

Did you find anything for this?

I have exactly the same problem and cannot find spares anywhere. I have got the spare bushings off “Adapter Man” on ebay, but the metal inserts have worn to hell. So they are ultimately the source of my issue.

Thanks

fr0sty125
    Free Member

One of the guys from Titus wad visiting the factory last week and he said he would give me an update after. Just sent him another email.

This has been my ultimate solution I ordered it yesterday.

http://www.transitionbikes.com/2015/Bikes_Scout.cfm

abeach

Thanks.

Ha. Was just looking at the Suppressor thinking I could just swap the components. Wasn’t planning on spending 1500 quid though. Thought a tenna might do ….?

Let me know how you get on with On One.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Got a response we’re **** apparently they didn’t think it was a part that would wear…. Factory has none.

coomber
    Free Member

Whats the part exactly? Get a machinest to knock something up?

duncancallum

I can take one out of mine and measure it.

abeach

Nightmare. Looks like a machine shop job then.

The part is a solid metal tube with a 5mm centre hole going all the way through for the horst link bolt to go through. It fits inside the bushes and is the length the seat stay horst link is wide.

abeach

Note to all other EG owners, take your horst link apart and regularly grease.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

The center whole is threaded to make things even more difficult.

abeach

@fr0sty125 do you know who you spoke? I tweeted Brant last night and he told me to give Planet X a call and ask for Michael Golinski; apparently he’s the Titus man. A quick google reveals he’s the Planet X USA head honcho.

They said he wasn’t there when I called this morning (they were asking who said I need to speak to him etc) but they took my number and said he or someone else would give me a call back. So i’ll wait and see.

It is obviously not just us with this issue. Probably most people with similar aged EGs who ride all year in the UK. I love the bike so I’d like to get this sorted.

Further investigation reveals that the replacement swing arms they sell don’t come with the inserts so you’d think they’d make spares.

abeach

Just had a call from Michael at Planet X. Quite rightly he said that it is the bushings not the inserts that are designed to ware and they don’t have many issues. He said he knew of a handful in the last 5 years. He’s going to try and sort me out. Great service so far!

abeach

Another call from Michael and he’s sorted me out! You don’t get much better service than that. I called them at 10am and by 11.30am on the same day I have had two calls back from the man in charge and he’s sending me them in the post. Fabulous service!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Titus El Guapo Chainstay Hardware’ is closed to new replies.