Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Titus El Guapo – Any reasons why not?
  • Potdog
    Free Member

Looking for some new frames to build up as rental bikes. Thinking about the El Guapo. Any horror stories out there? Especially with frame issues?
    It’s not an easy life here for a hire bike!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

mine is excellent, never missed a beat and the frame geometry is exactly as it should be… it’s been pretty much abused on every ride too…

(any excuse for a pic too!)

hambl90
    Free Member

Great bikes , mine gets abused on almost a weekly basis at bike park wales as it’s only 20 mins away , always puts a grin on my ugly mug .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chojin
    Free Member

I was considering one of these as an uplift bike, since pedalling is out of the question for me nowadays…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

My rocker cracked after four rides, very thin round the bearing

andypandy85
    Free Member

Good luck if you buy from Planet X/On One. Zero knowledge of the product and I’m still waiting for a 24-72 hour reply to my email 2 months later…

Supposedly very nice bikes, but I took my money elsewhere out of principal.

campfreddie
    Free Member

@Andypandy

Phone them. I’ve never had any replies from emails but have always had great service when I phoned them.

Alternatively, email the USA end of the operation as they are pretty good on Titus and reply to emails very quickly.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Good luck if you buy from Planet X/On One. Zero knowledge of the product and I’m still waiting for a 24-72 hour reply to my email 2 months later…

One phone call and got all the answers I needed, half hour later I purchased an El Gaupo

tiredjohn

How is the el guapo at pedalling uphill? Currently got a 140mm travel bike and ones of its blessings is that it goes uphill well, can’t help thinking I would like something a bit burlier for rougher/downhill stuff though.

andypandy85
    Free Member

One phone call and got all the answers I needed, half hour later I purchased an El Gaupo

One phone call and the guy I spoke to had no idea! All I wanted was to clarify a couple of things about the spec that weren’t clear on their website. Unfortunately, all the guy on the phone could do was tell me what it said on their website, which was about as much use as a cock flavoured lollipop.

Heard a lot of mixed reviews about these guys, I seem to get bad service for some reason 🙁

Potdog
    Free Member

Was it the rocker plate that cracked rob jackson? An occasional rocker plate I can handle, maybe even carry a couple of spares if I know it’s a weak spot, but if its a dead frame scenario then thats a different story.

That looks the business robqclarkson

I did email Planet-X / On-One, still waiting for a reply. Although I did phone them last week to ask about availability and was told that mostly out of stock until late March or early April.

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

Mines awesome, wouldn’t swap it!

Has been my do everything bike, but now have a C456 now for winter duties.

Mine built up with a CCDB coil, and fox 36 vanilla’s. Still not too heavy and climbs well! 4000ft climbing day in the lakes at Grizedale on sunday in fact!

Mine also has a -1.5degree slackset, which improved it further, but the new frames are 1degree slacker than my V2 as standard so slackset wont be needed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Titus El Guapo – Any reasons why not?’ is closed to new replies.