Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Titus el guapo ????
  • jonnyrockymountain

What are your thoughts and sizing on these bikes £2 k from on one for full bike with cc double barrel air and reverb post seems a good deal but how do they ride and weight??

endurogangster
    Free Member

I love mine, bought frame only back in may an it’s built up pretty tough with 36 vans on the front and dhx coil rear, saint cranks, 1×9, hadley/flow wheels, elixir brakes, reverb and it weighs 33lb which I don’t think is bad at all! It ride really well, climbs nicely and great downhill. I prefer it to the 2006 enduro I had for years and the mythic rune I had previously!

jonnyrockymountain

Endurogangster
    I used to have a s-works 2006 enduro with 36’s and dhx and loved it and you reckon your el guapo is better???
    What size enduro did you have ? And what size is your el guapo?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    endurogangster
    Free Member

Size medium in both, slightly longer top tube on the el guapo, I think it climbs a bit better than the enduro and going down is at least as good if not a bit better, just feels very balanced and well controlled both up an down. The reason I got rid of the enduro was that I snapped the chainstay and lost a bit of faith in the frame, they look a bit beefier on the titus which is a bonus.

jonnyrockymountain

How tall are you endurogangster and inside leg?
    Also where are you based? Possible demo??
    Cheers jonny

endurogangster
    Free Member

I’m 5’10”, inside leg of 30″. I’m in Sheffield so ride peaks, sherwood pines and
    Cannock fairly regularly if you can make it to one of them you’re welcome to have a go. Email is in profile if
    You want to sort something out?

jonnyrockymountain

Cheers mate email on its way
    Im Huddersfield based !!

grantway
    Free Member

Is there anyway of test riding this as a bike

tobin
    Free Member

Funnily enough I also replaced my ’06 Enduro for an ’09 El Guapo after snapping a chainstay. I preferred the Titus, and I don’t thing there have been sweeping geometry changes since then. I am 5’10, and have M in both.

However, having paid top dollar (£1600) for an ’09 frame before Titus went bust, the shine was somewhat removed for me when On-One took over and started knocking them out for £600!

Anyway, brand snobbery aside, its a great frame for the price…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

What are these like for an all day bike?

endurogangster
    Free Member

I haven’t done many all day rides on it, but a few over 4 hours and its been fine, with my fitness and gearing choice the limiting factors, no reason with a few choice parts and air suspension front and back you could get near the 30lb mark!

smiff
    Free Member

very good. comfy and climbs well. only thing i miss is not having a lockout on stock shock(s). mine’s around 30lb with no real effort to be light (pro2 flow etc).

jonnyrockymountain

Anyone else???

wors

I’ll let you know in a couple of months when I get mine 😀

jonnyrockymountain

What’s it like to obtain spare parts ie bearings in frame

woody2000

Bearings will be standard at a guess (and so available from your friendly neighbourhood bearing stockist), can’t imagine they will have specced “custom” bearings on a £599 frame TBH.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

what fork are you chaps running on yours in order to get a reasonably light(ish) build? i can’t decide what to go with and i’m planning on getting one of these for this summer…

chillidave
    Free Member

I’m running a 160mm Fox 36 Talas with a low stack headset as it’s a 1-1/8″ steerer. It works well but I wouldn’t want to go any shorter than that.

jonnyrockymountain

i was thinking 34 floats 160mm (at 4.3 lbs) or solo air lyrics (4.8 lbs)

Legoman
    Free Member

There’s one for sale on eBay at the moment if you don’t mind nearly new.
    Can’t remember the details, think it had a reverb though – I was watching it but reckon it’s going to go well over my budget.

wors

I’ll be putting 150mm Sektors on, as that’s all i’ve got!

IA

Or if you’re wanting a cheap complete in large maybe check out my ad 😉

the reason I’m getting rid is it doesn’t suit ne as an all day ride – that’s a function of the size more than the bike though. At 6’4″ i find it a bit too short to be comfy for me. Goes down hills like a rocket mind, and a very fun ride.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

Mine arrives tomorrow, medium with CCDB frame.
    Going to put some 36 Floats on her

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Get one!
    I love mine as an all day ride, built up with 55s and CCDB Air.
    This morning:

Pridds

Love mine. Have done some longer rides on it but nothing mega yet. It’s a bit heavy and 2.4 supertacky Maxxis tyres are never going to roll well but it goes downhill brilliantly so i can live with everything else.
    Mine has Fox 36 talas on it and if i was buying it again i would have got a float rather than a talas as i don’t use the travel adjust because of the pedal strike issue being worse with the fork wound down.
    Spares wise watch the horst link pivot as they have changed the design from a captive nut to circular nut and mine fell out 2 rides in and couldn’t source one locally, it wasn’t in the standard bag of bolts that on one do for the EG and they had to take one off another frame, but it took a bit of persuading to get them to do it, but they did in the end so i was grateful.

Pridds

Also if you have an EG with a DBair and are stuggling to get all the travel then there is a warranty upgrade to a high flow inner aircan that TF can do. Just had it done to mine and it is loads better at using all it’s travel

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Anyone near Cheshire with a Medium I could chuck a leg over? I’m not sure on sizing..

Had a Large SC Heckler, but always found it to short/ high? always felt like I was perched on it.. 😥

Pridds

Got a large in the Lakes that you can try for elimination purposes if you are up here.

chillidave
    Free Member

@Pridds, interesting, I can’t get it to surrender the last 10mm of travel is that similar to what you experienced?

justinbieber

@Pridds – is that Ian from YHA? How long have you had the El Guapo? What do you think of it?

Pridds

Yep exactly that, sorted now, give them a ring. Need proof of purchase (screenshot of my order on the on one site was enough).

Pridds

It is mate, thinking of moving on from the Five? Had it since August and took a while to get it all dialled in but there now and love it but its much more of a winch up and plummet down kind of bike than my Stumpy was. If you want a go, give us a shout.

justinbieber

Yeah, I’m thinking about it…

Might give you a shout next time I’m in the area.

smiff
    Free Member

very good. comfy and climbs well…

oh yeah, my very first complaint: no bottle cage mounts. room for one on downtube but isn’t, if you’re handy with rivnuts or strap-ons maybe :p no room in middle of frame.

it’s a bike that can be built to handle almost anything i guess but it is looong, and also low if you’re on an early v3, but i think they raised it up to 0 drop now.

chillidave
    Free Member

@Pridds, thanks for the information. I spent a while fettling with the shock in the alps to try to get the last of the travel. No matter how hard I hit things I was getting the same results.

When you say call them do you mean TF or On One?

Sorry for the thread hijack! FWIW I still love the bike and would wholeheartedly recommend it.

jonnyrockymountain

Is the difference between the £799 with ccdb worth the extra £200 over the monarch ????
    Or would an RP23

IA

Fwiw at 87kg wanting a more DH setup i have no issues with the monarch. Sure a ccdb would be “better” but dunno about worth it? Everyone raves about them, whereas some folk don’t get on with the monarch i think.

depends how tight the budget is, if you can spare the 200 I’d probably go for to avoid future wondering “what if”. But then what would 200 spent elsewhere get you…(or a weekend away riding it somewhere fun!)

jonnyrockymountain

Anyone ride these with an RP23 rear shock?
    Thoughts please

rob-jackson
    Free Member

anyone run one with 150mm revs and an angleset?

Blower
    Free Member

they looks and sound ok to me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Titus el guapo ????’ is closed to new replies.