Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Titus El Guapo 29er Frame
  • GEDA
    Free Member

Wow. When you see the price other made in the far east companies must have a huge markup.

alexmces
    Free Member

I received my new EG frame last week. It looks awesome in the super raw finish, and with the CCDB it is more than a bargain. 3600 grs the 20″ frame including the shock and the rear axle.
    Today I fitted the rear wheel: On One Smogashboard 2,25 mounted in Pacenti’s DL 31 rim, and the answer is: YES, there is enough clearance for the rubber.
    I’m still waiting for some parts to finish the bike, and tomorrow I leave home for 2 week holidays, but as soon as I have it ready I will post some pictures and give riding impressions.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Any pics of the tyre clearance?

andybanks
    Free Member

Is the fact Brant hasn’t replied anything to do with his Instagram post about leaving PlanetX?

STATO
    Free Member

No pics yet then?

nant
    Free Member

I was intrigued by this frame and also ordered one as was pretty cheap. Came with a faulty head tube unfortunately so is being sent back.

I asked Titus about the tyre clearance and they said :

Hello ****,

To make the chainstays as short as possible, there were some tire clearance issues as we needed to ensure that the bike had short chainstays but also crank clearance.
    It isn’t against the seat tube that the issue lies – it is with the chainstay clearance.

The other issue is that a 2.1 in one tire brand measures like a 2.25 in others so we needed to be on the safe side to ensure that we don’t recommend 2.25’s and somebody puts a tire that may be listed as 2.25 but measure more like a 2.4.

I hope that is clear.

Thank you,

Michael
    ———-
    Michael Golinski
    General Manager

I only had a 2.2 conti mountain king kicking about and that was on fine with lots of clearance.

Sorry only got the one picture

nant
    Free Member

[/URL]

nuke

To make the chainstays as short as possible

At 458mm they’re pretty damn long! Codeine has 440mm stays and Whyte T129 manages to get 431mm

Came with a faulty head tube unfortunately so is being sent back.

Dear me, hardly encouraging for any prospective purchasers regardless of the ‘bargain’ price

nant
    Free Member

Yeah was a bit strange, i can only presume they got their Geometry a bit wrong.

But never had any problems with On-one before. And they have refunded, so all good.

nant
    Free Member

Although I don’t have any problem with Chainstay being that long though. But at that length you would think it should fit a bigger wheel. W
    whooo knows

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I was thinking about this and without seeing one I reckon it might be the front mech. On the 26 El Guapo who have to be very careful where you setup the front mech or it will cut into the stays.

chakaping
    Free Member

I asked Titus about the tyre clearance and they said :

Hello ****,

I’d be taking my custom elsewhere if I was greeted with that kind of language.

v666ern
    Free Member

Hello ****

I’d probably go somewhere else if they swore at me too 😛

CheesybeanZ

alexmces – Member I received my new EG frame last week. It looks awesome in the super raw finish, and with the CCDB it is more than a bargain. 3600 grs the 20″ frame including the shock and the rear axle.Today I fitted the rear wheel: On One Smogashboard 2,25 mounted in Pacenti’s DL 31 rim, and the answer is: YES, there is enough clearance for the rubber.I’m still waiting for some parts to finish the bike, and tomorrow I leave home for 2 week holidays, but as soon as I have it ready I will post some pictures and give riding impressions.

Any updates on the build/ riding impressions ?

timitoes
    Free Member

Not sure if people are still interested. Iv ejust finished building my large elguapo 29er up. Ive got a vigilante trailboss 2.25 on the back on a wtb i25 rim. Clearance is fine just not wonderfull. There about 1cm between tyre and chainstay bridge and 2cm between the stays themselves and the tyres. I wouldnt want to go any bigger. Will post up a ride report after ive given it a couple of proper rides.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Titus El Guapo 29er Frame’ is closed to new replies.