Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Titus El Guapo 29er Frame
  • Clink

Titus 29er

2.1″ rear tyre clearance – really? On a 140mm travel frame. 😯

nuke

Yeah saw that…crazy, couldn’t even fit their own smorgasbord let alone chunky monkey which is what you think you’d want on an AM bike

All those words and yet no geometry either 🙄

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Damnit – I hadn’t noticed that bit!

I was thinking it sounded like a superb deal, but that really does rule it out to me. Pointless.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    remoterob
    Free Member

If you buy it from On-One, the problem goes away!

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FRTITELG29S/titus-el-guapo-29er-frame-with-rockshox-monarch-rt3-shock

No doubt they’ll have a batch of 2.1 inch tyres labelled up as 2.4 in a warehouse somewhere, so problem solved.

STATO
    Free Member

Do we think it will look as hideous when built as the proto version they had, no bike shots just frame so hard to tell.

shaggy

I rode one the protos for several months. It was fun. Cable routing on the frame was crap but that was due to change for production. I was running a 2.3ish in the back, I can’t see it as having got smaller. Brant will know…

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I thought 650b’s were play bike territory these days, makes it a bit old skool. I know the Turner Burner and Cannondales Jekyll are 650’s…… 29’ers are for xc riders……

boxelder

yawn 🙄

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Yeah, I was reading down the description/spec on the website, thinking looks brilliant value for money, must, resist…
    I like the look…

Then read clearance for only 2.1″

now its pretty easy to resist….

doof_doof
    Free Member

brant – Member
    Brant – any chance of a “raw” frame only version in the near future? I’ll be waiting to hit the “buy” button!
    No. Raw is lazy.

Goldigger
    Free Member

@Brant
    Is there plans to bring out a 650b version?

I was tempted to buy one of the 26″ frames, but looks like the last of the stock, assuming no more after that.

CheesybeanZ

The geometry is under the size guide tab , thats a bugger at 2.1 in the rear .

stevie750

2.1″ rear tyre clearance

probably just wrong info on the website

if you look at the spec for a 456c it shows

Max Tyre Size 700x32c tyres (35c slick tyres will also fit )

khani
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if they only take a 2.1, my Rockstar takes a 2.2 easily and that’s the XC frame..
    Probably the usual cock up/miss print on the description rather than the actual frame spec, allthough good luck trying to clarify it as my mate rang up with some Q’s about a frame he was about to buy (usual H/S, mech hanger, spares availability type Q) and they never got back to him, he’s given up in despair and looking for something else now..

STATO
    Free Member

The link remoterob post above also lists 2.1 tyre (bottom of the page). Have they updated this since he posted the link?

Do we think the fact its so cheaper (cheaper than the 26″ version) is a sign someone cocked up and designed an ‘all-mountain’ bike that only takes XC tyres.

nuke

The geometry is under the size guide tab , thats a bugger at 2.1 in the rear .

Thanks. fwiw it wasn’t there when I originally posted

remoterob
    Free Member

The link remoterob post above also lists 2.1 tyre (bottom of the page). Have they updated this since he posted the link?

The On One site didn’t mention it last night.

STATO
    Free Member

Bit of a smoking gun that then, esp since ‘brant brant brant’ has been commenting on other STW threads but keeping away from this one.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

‘brant brant brant’

that normally does the job 😉

gazc
    Free Member

i know its the prototype but this shows one with 2.5’s fitted, looks similar clearance to my 26inch version (ie: not much) which the on-one/planet x site doesn’t have a tyre clearance spec for

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/04/28/spotted-prototype-titus-el-guapo-29er-big-travel-budget-brawler/

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Really need 2.3 min with a frame like this the 26 El-Guapo can run a 2.4 easy maybe that’s why it is £500 with shock crazy cheap.

thv3
    Free Member

As above, pretty keen until I saw the listed clearance.

@brant Any updates on this?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Best change the name if its only 2.1s too
    Shiteus El Crapo 29der

CheesybeanZ

I was running a 2.3ish in the back, I can’t see it as having got smaller. Brant will know…

If he does he’s keeping it a secret …..

STATO
    Free Member

There is a prototype for sale on ebay, specifically listed as 2.0″ tyre clearance.

CheesybeanZ

I emailed planet x about the ebay prototype and they confirmed its 2″.0 max in the rear .

Goldigger
    Free Member

Looks like some expensive paperweights..

thv3
    Free Member

That is just mental for a bike like this.

So I think I’m right in saying the ElGuapo 29 is ……… an all mountain cx bike? 😕

warren569
    Free Member

I don’t understand how you can spend 3 years developing a product (any product) and get one of the fundamental specs completely wrong….could be they purposely reduced the tyre width to force riders of the XC persuasion rather than Enduro. Looking forwards to seeing a review…

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I still can’t believe that it is only suitable for 2.1

Here is a pic I just took of my V3 El Guapo with 2.25 SB tyre.

remoterob
    Free Member

It’s an EnduroCross specific frameset. On One are once again ahead of the curve.

brdfrb
    Free Member

Wrote on-one customer support an email today asking if a ardent 2.25 or smorgasbard would fit. This is the response:

“Hello

Thank you for your email

These tyres would fit the frame but will minimal clearance but should not cause any problems.

Kind regards”

thv3
    Free Member

Sounds like Quemby works for On One customer support….

bencooper – Member

Hello sexual prince Are you okay? How is your mood? I am very worried and do not know how to start this letter . I am a beautiful , kind and sexy girl . my name Quemby . I am 30 years old. I have the large business, I am engaged in sale of flowers. I will be very strongly glad to get acquainted with you. So it turned out that business took away too much free time and I didnt manage to find the man. Namely to your city. Certainly I not so imagined the rest and thought that to me will be interesting and cheerful. But now I decided to correct it. I took vacation at work and arrived to your country. I dreamed of that that I will get acquainted with the man and I will spend with him excellent time. But there was all absolutely on the contrary. Here within 3 weeks I am absolutely alone. I will tell you honestly. it is boring for me in your country. I go to bed and wake up one in a cold bed. I will tell honestly. that it is even more difficult to be without sex during the long time. I forgot when in my life there was a sex. I am the nice, young, beautiful woman. I have money. At present I want to find the man for sex Yes, Yes the man for sex. I understand that I arrive strange but I offer you will meet me. I will pay all expenses. We could spend not bad time together. What do you think of it? I prepared video for you and posted it in the Internet. My spoken language is one many better than written. On it it would be pleasant to me if you watched my video. In it I tell about myself in more detail. I ask you not to write me on Email. As I very seldom check the mail. If you were interested by my offer, ask you to be registered on a site and to find me there. On this site I uploaded the video I Beg you to present to me one minute and to make it. Site Address SEXMEETINGCHAT.BIZ my nickname angelledy On it I will finish the letter to you. I hope that I interested to you. I wait for you on a site. I hug and kiss you in your lips, bye PS Ya published phone number on the website. I hope that you will call me.
    😀

brdfrb
    Free Member

I emailed again asking if they had tried with any of the tyres i mentioned.

“Hello

We have not tried but there is usually enough clearance.

Kind regards”

Really don’t know what to think…. They haven’t tried?? I’ve seen a bunch of pictures of prototypes running 2.25 and 2.5 in the rear…..

Was looking like my next frame (right price, right geometry), but after the whole “rear-tire-gate-scandal” I just don’t know….. Usuaally enough clearence?

B

STATO
    Free Member

Was looking like my next frame (right price, right geometry), but after the whole “rear-tire-gate-scandal” I just don’t know….. Usually enough clearence?

That sounds like they have no idea what your asking and that ‘bikes normally have enough space for the tyres’ they sell. Id suggest wait till they get even cheaper. Cant have sold many yet.

Or, buy one, post pics, then return on distance selling regs. It’ll only cost you postage and we will get a real answer, seeing as the company itself havnt a clue (on this issue or just in general).

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Wow, piss poor. How could you get it that wrong?

CheesybeanZ

In the time I’ve been lurking and posting on stw I don’t remember Brant ignoring/ avoiding an on one product thread , especially when he’s been active on others threads at the same time . 😕

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I agree it is odd brant hasn’t commented but maybe it is to do with that another designer is taking over the Titus brand (Did I imagine this)

But holy shit £599 with CCDB the shock alone is £485….. If you want CCDB then just buy this then sell the frame?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FRTITEL29CCS/titus-el-guapo-29er-frame-with-cane-creek-barrel-air-shock

AlexSimon

But holy shit £599 with CCDB the shock alone is £485….. If you want CCDB then just buy this then sell the frame?

Except anyone who wanted it would just buy the one with the CCDB 🙂

nuke

In the time I’ve been lurking and posting on stw I don’t remember Brant ignoring/ avoiding an on one product thread , especially when he’s been active on others threads at the same time .

Yep, I do find this strange. I’m sure he was on the Fileline thread when that cockup occurred

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Titus El Guapo 29er Frame’ is closed to new replies.