Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Titus El Guapo 29
  • Straightliner

Brant, or anyone else in the know…

1. Do you have a view on when these are going to be available?
    2. What seatpost size will they take? (Possibly selling one bike to part fund an El Guapo 29, but would quite like a dropper in the meantime. However if it’s a 30.9mm I’ll have to wait)
    3. Any ideas on rough price for frame/shock or for a full build?

Thanks.

cooie

I’ve just had a reply from Brant. Should be available mid/late Jan.
    Awaiting reply on price for frame.

cooie

Price will be about £100 more than the 26er.

Straightliner

Cheers for that – sounds good. Just need to find out seatpost size now.

shaggy

I think it’s a 30.9 post.

I have one of the prototypes at the moment. Damn fast bike. It got me frightened enought to buy new knee pads. 🙂

Straightliner

Thanks Shaggy. Sounds ideal, I’ll just have to be patient.

cooie

Me too 🙂

brant
    Free Member

brant
    Free Member

more info:-

140mm front, 140mm rear (actually 138, 140 and 142mm depending on size), 142mm back end using Shimano E-thru standard with our axle supplied, will work with new Shimano rear mech hanger style (available), mixer tapered headtube with 12mm upper bore, new cable routing on downtube and chainstay for rear mech and rear brake, FD over top tube (doubles as dropper guide), 25mm BB drop static, 68deg head angle, 580mm, 600mm and 625mm top tubes and 700mm, 720mm and 745mm front centre on the 16, 18, 20in models, 458mm chainstay, 190mm x 50mm shock, 73deg seat angle (actual) gives 74.5deg (effective).
    Front centre is LONG and designed for stability and lack of flop and for use with short stem (we have a 35mm model coming). Colours black (ano), white (painted), super-raw (ano).
    Completes at the factory on the 7th of January 2013.

shaggy

Put a Zee Shadow Plus mech on last night. http://www.flickr.com/photos/7792762@N08/8207435664

Straightliner

Brant, thanks for the update, all sounds really good.

wwaswas

140mm front, 140mm rear (actually 138, 140 and 142mm depending on size), 142mm back end using Shimano E-thru standard with our axle supplied, will work with new Shimano rear mech hanger style (available), mixer tapered headtube with 12mm upper bore, new cable routing on downtube and chainstay for rear mech and rear brake, FD over top tube (doubles as dropper guide), 25mm BB drop static, 68deg head angle, 580mm, 600mm and 625mm top tubes and 700mm, 720mm and 745mm front centre on the 16, 18, 20in models, 458mm chainstay, 190mm x 50mm shock, 73deg seat angle (actual) gives 74.5deg (effective).
    Front centre is LONG and designed for stability and lack of flop and for use with short stem (we have a 35mm model coming). Colours black (ano), white (painted), super-raw (ano).

Just the clours would have been fine 😉

Cane Creek dbair ? or a pony Rockshox Monarch

brant
    Free Member

CC

Rorschach
    Free Member

Swap for a yelli?

ska-49
    Free Member

Hmm, any chance of no/different shock options?
    Wont be able to afford the CC.. Guess thats my problem!

Hmmmm these look suitable

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Glad I didn’t get the 26er now 🙂

Can I have a large with short chainstays?

shaggy

How’s that going to work?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Sorry that was a reading fail – assumed the different sizes had different travel due to having different length chainstays in the style of the Nukeproof Aurum.

martinh
    Free Member

There aren’t any short chainstays in any size either

Had a word with the importers of x fusion today and the 34mm Trace RL2 29er 140mm with a tapered steerer Is going to be around £465.00 retail, considering the fox equivalent is double that price

What an absolute bargain!!!!!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

BigOldHills – Did they say when are the X-Fusion forks likely to be available?

I quite like the look of the 34mm stanchion forks for ‘normal’ 26″ wheels.

bigdean

If only they did it in mans sizes, instead of hobbit 20″. Will be sticking with the 5 spot for a bit longer.

mtbtomo – The 2013 29er forks are due in mid to end of Jan
    But they said the 26er forks are due in end of this month 😀

Upgrade Bikes LTD23 Star Road, Partridge Green,
    West Sussex, RH13 8RA
    tel: +44 (0) 1403 711 611
    fax: +44 (0) 1403 710 753
    Info@Upgradebikes.co.uk
    http://www.upgradebikes.co.uk/index.html

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Thanks, don’t need new forks but its tempting…

Any updated pics and delivery dates on the eg29er Brant ?

brant
    Free Member

Completing 7th January, so should be with us Mid Feb, or late Jan.
    CCDB’s ordered.
    No pricing set.

Super…………… Cheers for the update 🙂

c_klein87

might have been covered somewhere else but is the Titus Rockstar carbon 29er due at a similar time?

Ed-O
    Free Member

There are photos of my prototype in the new issue of Singletrack Magazine in the bikepacking feature. As well as in MBR & Dirt! Might have been a good idea to write Titus on it somewhere 🙂

Here it is in Spanish Utah

[/url]
    P1040462 by Ed Oxley, on Flickr[/img]

That Mr Oxley is a most impressive beard 🙂

How do you find the eg 29er ?
    Compared to the 26er you were riding with early in this year

Ed-O
    Free Member

I like it a lot. It’s the bike I’ve chosen to ride most this year -Pyrenees, Basque Country, Alps and at home. With a CCDB Air shock and the other changes for production I’m hoping it’ll be even better.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Really looking forward to seeing this 8) Ed what would you say are the pros and cons? A kinda quick sum up?

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Think I’ll be pulling the trigger on one of these when they become available, hope they do it in raw.

Ed-O
    Free Member

Pros – big wheels are better for the general trail riding that I do. All the stuff about better rolling and more grip is true. This bike is slack. For a 29er it looks nice.

Cons – You can’t get 55s, Lyrics etc. yet. Bigger stanchions would be great. You also don’t have big travel if you want to take bigger landings etc.

shaggy

Brake-neck – Member

Think I’ll be pulling the trigger on one of these when they become available, hope they do it in raw.
    Super Raw is one of the colours.

brant
    Free Member

is the Titus Rockstar carbon 29er due at a similar time?

Sooner.

brant
    Free Member

yet

yet

wobbem
    Free Member

Pros – big wheels are better for the general trail riding that I do. All the stuff about better rolling and more grip is true. This bike is slack. For a 29er it looks nice.

Cons – You can’t get 55s, Lyrics etc. yet. Bigger stanchions would be great. You also don’t have big travel if you want to take bigger landings etc.

Not quite true but you need to get it from the US
    [/url]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Titus El Guapo 29’ is closed to new replies.