Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Titus El Chuto Frame
  • dave_h
    Free Member

£89 at the moment … any reason not to?

I’m assuming that the 28t chainring max isn’t a design feature but other than that……

Anyone got one?

saracendan

Got one a few months back when they were 125. Mine is the black frame but was described as 30t chainring compatible. Rides really well with a set of xfusion sweeps at 150mm,slx groupset and stans wheels. Build probably cost me 750 all in and means I don’t have to be precious over chucking it down stuff. If you can get past the on one/planet x thing then I don’t think you could go far wrong!

flybywire
    Free Member

@saracendan – do you mind me asking what max size chainring you could get away with? Ta

flybywire
    Free Member
    surfingobo
    Free Member

Has anyone tried putting 27.5+ on the 29er?

saracendan

30 t chainring is fine on mine but don’t think I’d get anything bigger in. mine came boxed with hand written label declaring “30t checked” so I’m assuming “varying” production tolerances meant different frames will take only a certain size ring. Bike rides well but is proper slack at 160mm! Happy to send tyre clearance or any other pics if anyone wants them.

Rickos
    Free Member

Any geometry charts anywhere?

flybywire
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.
    That’ll be great to post photos to see clearances as was unsure with description. Either to my profile or here please.

Rickos
    Free Member

Saracendan – what size you got? I’m hoping the 17 inch looks less gate like than the one single image on the website.
    Any photos greatly appreciated- here or email in profile.

coomber
    Free Member

Great price. For the money excellent potential but have to say they look hideous (in the bigger sizes especially)

saracendan

If I mail somebody some pics could they post for me? I’m actually pretty pleased with mine – definitely owned uglier!!! Mine is the 650b version though…….

Rickos
    Free Member

I can post from my Flickr account if you like.
    Email address in my profile.

flybywire
    Free Member

Lol I’ve tried posting images also without luck

flybywire
    Free Member

Cheers Rickos

saracendan

Pics sent to rickos. Can do any others by request (tyre clearance etc) . Please don’t start on the garage or garden – I have literally just moved to somewhere with more acceptable outside decoration!

flybywire
    Free Member

😀

Rickos
    Free Member

Saracendan’s El Chulo. 650b version

Dan’s Titus El Chulo

Dan’s Titus El Chulo

Dan’s Titus El Chulo

Dan’s Titus El Chulo

Not sure the posting will work from my phone, but the links should be ok.

flybywire
    Free Member

That’s alright – is there a close up of the chainstay/ring clearance?

saracendan

Flybywire – mail you a fresh one tomorrow.

flybywire
    Free Member

No hurry & thanks .. would be good to get a 32 or even 34 on there!

Rickos
    Free Member

If they are for 28 tooth chainring only, what crank options are there? Would it be direct mount only? Brief look shows only 30 tooth ring for down to 94bcd.

Typically, I have old XT with 104bcd, so unless anyone knows better I’d have to factor in a new set of cranks…possibly.

subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Anyone got a weight for this?

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

I called them to check.. I was told 100% it was for a 30t Max. For me that’s way too small. I never run less than a 32t even on a 1×11 set up (10-42).

Shame as it’s a good cheap frame.

I went for a Vitus Sentier 29 instead for £110

subduedsupernova
    Free Member

anyone else go for it?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Titus El Chuto Frame’ is closed to new replies.