Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Title of old Sci Fi movie
  • Mof
    Free Member

Looking for the title of an old sci-fi movie, probably 1960’s. Storyline was about the world building rocketships (60’s speak) to escape the Earth because it was about to be destroyed by an asteroid.. I can see an image of a spacecraft on a launchramp (ski-jump stylee). Had romance & tradgedy..but can’t remember the films title. Not seen it for many years, wondering if available on download.

johnhoo
    Free Member

When Worlds Collide

Mof
    Free Member

That’s it I’m sure…. it was on the tip of my tongue, thanks.

Mof
    Free Member

1951..wow, older than I imagined.

rOcKeTdOg

classic sci fi rocks, see also the day the earth stood still (not that keanu rubbish though)

willard

“When Worlds Collide” – people of Earth (selected ones anyway) flee to Earth’s sister planet when the two are very close together right? World gets really hot and arid in the meantime?

Classic old Sci-Fi that. Shame they don’t do runs of the old stuff on TV any more.

tyger
    Free Member

Mmmm….and not a single black person made it to the new world if I remember – just white Americans would you believe!!

Trimix
    Free Member

Yup, and they were all intelligent, good looking and nice people. Where as now the new world will have to be politically correct – thereby rendering it just the same as the original non utopian world.

But thats just the start of the sequal.

kimbers

Where as now the new world will have to be politically correct

balls! the new world would be full of mps and bankers as they would have bribed and swindled their way onto the rockets

infact is their some way we can convince said pillars of society that the world is doomed and they all better leave quickly

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

My two favourite are ‘This island earth’ and the original ‘The day the earth stood still’.

Good classic Sci-fi is very good. Bad classic sci-fi is VERY bad.

johnhoo
    Free Member

yeah, The Blob, Them! and others spring to mind. Like the old Twilight Zone & Outer Limits series…

Forbidden Planet is rather good, too.

sq225917
    Free Member

forbidden planet, it came from outer space, this island earth, when worlds collide, the day the earth caught fire, the day the earth stood still, destination moon, invaders from mars,them, invasion of the body snatchers, the incredible shrinking man, alphaville and of course my favourite X- with Ray Milland.

Can’t beat em.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Title of old Sci Fi movie’ is closed to new replies.